How do ranked matches work?

Angel_Armour

[08] Mercenary
I mean I am C3 atm and i'll get to 3000 points, then i'll get on a 4 win streak and still not encounter a rank up match. Does it have to be someone of equal or higher rank or what and also how many matches do you have to lose to lose points once reaching the max? Also the mechanics are stupid, I won't gain as many points from beating an E5 as I would an A1 but if i'm at max points and lose to either it's 200 points i lose. WTH namco. Seriously. Someone explain how this retarded system works, there's nothing online or in the booklet and no one seems to know.

To rank up you simply beat someone equal or higher rank. Better hope they don't RQ on you. Also, if you want to get better contacting other players and playing them in player lobbies is better than playing in ranked. The only good thing I can think of about ranked is that it gets you used to a lot of the character's gimmicks.

Yeah I play ranked for the character experience, I figure by the time I am A1 I will have at least a basic understanding of most characters and how to deal with them, plus if I ever meet anyone good or of equal level i always ask if they want some first to tens and train with them in player matches from then on out.

That still doesn't help that 99% of the people on ranked don't understand frames, will attack at disadvantage, and don't mix up their mix ups. People in ranked are free to SRSH K. Lol

True true lol, but every so often you meet the one player who knows their shit, hell i've beaten a few A1's and plenty of A's but i've also been handed my ass by some E ranks. It's a mixed bag. Plus the shiny golden A1 symbol would look lovely next to my name ^^

Usually that shiny A1 gets you kicked from random player lobbies for no reason besides the fear of fighting an "Elite" A1. I'll never rank above B4 (where I am now, I like it because Sieg has a move where B4 is the input).

Usually that shiny A1 gets you kicked from random player lobbies for no reason besides the fear of fighting an "Elite" A1. I'll never rank above B4 (where I am now, I like it because Sieg has a move where B4 is the input).
I like the rank C4 because of the bomb that goes boom! and erm my favorite chess opening in chess which is named C4.

Back