How does armor destruction work?

I think armor breaks down due to hits and when you block the Soul Gauge gets depleted and armor is safe.

I may be wrong but from I've seen I think this is the system the game uses.

I also agree that it looks like some attacks will break armor faster.

I think armor breaks down due to hits and when you block the Soul Gauge gets depleted and armor is safe.

I may be wrong but from I've seen I think this is the system the game uses.

I also agree that it looks like some attacks will break armor faster.

Wrong it still breaks even when you block ;) Mostly it will break in the order you attack it in .... if you do lows low armor will most likely break first.... if you do highs highs will mids mids will the stronger the move the more likely to break the armor off... Some characters have some very special moves that can take armor off in one hit... it also depends on who your fighting as well...

It's completely random. Unless there's some secret evidence that says otherwise, I'm certain of it. I've started a match and did an AA with Mitsurugi and suddenly the armor broke. WTH, I say. The armor does break depending on the height of the move.

Armor breaking = more damage in general (116%(?) to High and Low, 106% to Mid on normal hits in those heights), and maybe more damage to Soul Gauge (according to BradyGames guide)

Wrong it still breaks even when you block ;) Mostly it will break in the order you attack it in .... if you do lows low armor will most likely break first.... if you do highs highs will mids mids will the stronger the move the more likely to break the armor off... Some characters have some very special moves that can take armor off in one hit... it also depends on who your fighting as well...

Whoa didn't realize armor was affected even while blocking ... gotta check it out later

Ya height of the attack matters and armor broken away from an area means attacks to the height deal more damage ... not too much more though ... those numbers above sound right

Edit: Looks like I wasn't completely wrong after all. There are two ways armor can be broken:

1) By repeatedly scoring unblocked hits to the same target height. Moves vary in how many hits it would take to destroy that particular piece of armor.

2) By achieving a Soul Crush on your opponent. The armor piece that is broken by the Soul Crush is determined by the target height of the last strike blocked which activated the SC state. This seems to be the only way to break armor when the opponent is blocking.

You can't break armor if the opponent is blocking unless you take them all the way to a Soul Crush. Tested in training, but would like someone else to confirm if they can please.

Whoa didn't realize armor was affected even while blocking ... gotta check it out later

Ya height of the attack matters and armor broken away from an area means attacks to the height deal more damage ... not too much more though ... those numbers above sound right

Edit: Looks like I wasn't completely wrong after all. There are two ways armor can be broken:

1) By repeatedly scoring unblocked hits to the same target height. Moves vary in how many hits it would take to destroy that particular piece of armor.

2) By achieving a Soul Crush on your opponent. The armor piece that is broken by the Soul Crush is determined by the target height of the last strike blocked which activated the SC state. This seems to be the only way to break armor when the opponent is blocking.

You can't break armor if the opponent is blocking unless you take them all the way to a Soul Crush. Tested in training, but would like someone else to confirm if they can please.

I take armor off of people blocking all the time.... and they arent in soul crush.... soooo i duno? maybe my game is different....

and it isnt random... its whatever order you attack it in and wherever that attack lands, sometimes if you score first hits with impressive moves it also causes armor to be thrown right off as the match starts.... i have busted middle armor off in one hit several times, but thats cool i know no one believes me cause hey i'm just on here to waste my day away ;)

peaz

I have never seen a piece of armor being broken while the opponent was blocking unless it was a Soul Crush.

The armor system is pointless for the most part. It's just embarrassing when you get beat down in your undies.

The armor system is pointless for the most part. It's just embarrassing when you get beat down in your undies.

Yeah, and I ususally leave a surprise for people when they beat my pants off... Many people are surprised to find that astaroth lieks to wear hot pink thongs...

My friend has Zasalamel with a hood on and a bright pink afro... but you can't see the afro until you break the hood off. First time I destroyed his head armor i started laughing so hard I lost the round.

I take armor off of people blocking all the time.... and they arent in soul crush.... soooo i duno? maybe my game is different....

and it isnt random... its whatever order you attack it in and wherever that attack lands, sometimes if you score first hits with impressive moves it also causes armor to be thrown right off as the match starts.... i have busted middle armor off in one hit several times, but thats cool i know no one believes me cause hey i'm just on here to waste my day away ;)

peaz

Ok, I'm gonna have to set up a different way to test it to be absolutely sure. If I don't my skull will explode and my brain will be scattered all over the world and baby Jesus will cry.

I'll post it in detail later.

Well to answer the question of good armor breaking moves, Dark Soul Impact ( :2: :A:+:B: ) for Siegfried is a decent move for breaking low armor. I'd say it breaks it about 60% of the time. I'm pretty sure the heavy hitting characters are better at breaking armor, which might be why some of you shatter armor all the time, and some of you only see it during a Soul Crush. Like some people said, it apparently results in slightly more damage, but for the most part the damage is probably negligible. I remember someone remarked the CaS characters seem to lose low armor way faster than stock characters, who seem to lose mid armor much easier.

Ok, here's the test I mentioned above.

I used Siegfried's 2A+B 16 times on an blocking Astaroth. Before I started I made sure Soul Gauge was maxed (blue gem, flashing white health bar) so that I would have the most possible SG before a Soul Crush happened allowing more time for the piece of armor to break. From max to Soul Crush the armor did not break until after 16 2A+B's the SC status occurred.

I will test this again with different heavy moves from different characters but as of right now it looks like armor will not break from blocking unless you are Soul Crushed.

This is a lot of testing for something that probably doesn't matter at all anyway but that's how I get sometimes. O.o

Edit: Tested again from max SG with Siegfried. 16 66B's and one accidental 6B in the middle somewhere. No armor broken until Soul Crush was reached. Same result.

Ok, here's the test I mentioned above.

I used Siegfried's 2A+B 16 times on an blocking Astaroth. Before I started I made sure Soul Gauge was maxed (blue gem, flashing white health bar) so that I would have the most possible SG before a Soul Crush happened allowing more time for the piece of armor to break. From max to Soul Crush the armor did not break until after 16 2A+B's the SC status occurred.

I will test this again with different heavy moves from different characters but as of right now it looks like armor will not break from blocking unless you are Soul Crushed.

This is a lot of testing for something that probably doesn't matter at all anyway but that's how I get sometimes. O.o

Edit: Tested again from max SG with Siegfried. 16 66B's and one accidental 6B in the middle somewhere. No armor broken until Soul Crush was reached. Same result.

I guess i was seeing shit? lol i believe my boy nuez ~ and well i know that there is quite a bit of damage difference if you knock off two or more pieces of armor... could be the difference between you winning and losing the fight! haha i always have it where it comes down to that last little sliver and well if the armor was off maybe i would have already won ;)

I critical finished 16 matches yesterday.... ha yoshi's 66A+B is too good and if you catch the purple puke it destroys your gauge and armor

Back