How to maximize Kilik's Soul Charge?

Shirakani

[01] Neophyte
I know the game is new but does anyone have any idea of the best way to maximize Kilik's SC? Due to the rapid life drain, you can't really be fishing around for anything overly fancy. Is the only real go-to for max return fishing for the unblockable CE or to go balls-to-the-wall offensive with the moves he gains in SC?

Every time I pop the SC, if my opponent knows that the CE is unblockable they immediately play keepaway while the life drain kills me and fish for a finisher hit, which tends to happen more often than not. Also, since the CE has the same startup as Geese's Rashoumon in Tekken7, some are just waiting for me to attempt it so they can crouch it and then punish.

At this point in time, going into SC with Kilik feels almost like assisted suicide. Does anyone have any tips or tricks that make it not quite so?

I know the game is new but does anyone have any idea of the best way to maximize Kilik's SC? Due to the rapid life drain, you can't really be fishing around for anything overly fancy. Is the only real go-to for max return fishing for the unblockable CE or to go balls-to-the-wall offensive with the moves he gains in SC?

Every time I pop the SC, if my opponent knows that the CE is unblockable they immediately play keepaway while the life drain kills me and fish for a finisher hit, which tends to happen more often than not. Also, since the CE has the same startup as Geese's Rashoumon in Tekken7, some are just waiting for me to attempt it so they can crouch it and then punish.

At this point in time, going into SC with Kilik feels almost like assisted suicide. Does anyone have any tips or tricks that make it not quite so?

The idea behind his SC is that his offensive abilities dramatically increase. If your opponent is tunnel-visioning by looking for random supers, it opens them up to the cheap SC moves you have. 4Bx3,K is a long range, mid-hitting, hit-confirmable string that does great damage and ROs and wallsplats. It's a great way to whiff punish, or catch crouchers.

In general, you should be using their fear to rush them down and break their guard / open them open. During that process there are a ton of ways to land the CE by combing into it. 3B, 22B, landing a grab, all of these and more lead into the CE. Use demon form to play between smart offense and whiff punishing to combo into your CE. If they start turtling, you have a ton of strong pressure options like your new 66A+B to enforce scary situations for your opponent. You don't even HAVE to CE. If they're respecting you too much continue to apply pressure until they crack.

Half the problem with that approach however is if I switch to 'balls to the wall' offense, they immediately stop respecting and start doing the same as they know even if moves start trading I am going to ultimately come out the loser due to the degrading life bar. Depending on the state of my life bar as well, going balls to the wall isn't a viable option...

That being said however I have had a small amount of success trying to abuse his SC-only moves, but on the general whole it feels very glass cannon as a single GI or misinterpreted RE and suddenly you're practically dead, if not outright dead. I feel the life drain needs to be cut down a bit, it decays/burns way too fast IMO.

Half the problem with that approach however is if I switch to 'balls to the wall' offense, they immediately stop respecting and start doing the same as they know even if moves start trading I am going to ultimately come out the loser due to the degrading life bar. Depending on the state of my life bar as well, going balls to the wall isn't a viable option...

That being said however I have had a small amount of success trying to abuse his SC-only moves, but on the general whole it feels very glass cannon as a single GI or misinterpreted RE and suddenly you're practically dead, if not outright dead. I feel the life drain needs to be cut down a bit, it decays/burns way too fast IMO.

You can theory-craft rebuttals and what ifs all day long, but the reality is SC turns him into a high-risk high-reward character. I said be smart about your offensive, that means you don't have lean on only your SC moves, mix it up! You seem to forget that activating gives YOU the advantage, not them. You're losing life fast but you have access to such silly new tools that it's not even that bad. For how much life you lose, if you catch them once the damage you do more than makes up for it. If he didn't have rapid life drain to balance his SC kit he would be broken lol. It's fine as it is

If you're already dangerously close to being KO'd, the life drain doesn't really matter all that much. So it's not a bad time to activate it when your low on health and need an offensive boost to catch up and win the round.
The drain won't kill you and you won't feel pressured about needing to go score some damage quickly, just don't get hit!
Also, as soon as you use the SC Critical Edge Kilik reverts back to normal mode. So if you can find a way to connect with that quickly then you will be back to normal after having done a ton of damage and not having much life be drained away.

Last edited:
Back