How to Setup a Training Mode Dummy to Practice JGing Tech Traps

Enkindu

This town needs an enema
I just wrote an explanation on my Florida Calibur group of Facebook on how to make a training mode dummy perform tech traps so that you can practice JGing them. So I'm going to copy and paste it here for you all too.

If you don't know yet about Just Guarding tech traps, you can review a video on it here:

The method this guy uses is okay too if you want to do it that way. The way I'm about to explain to you will give you rapid fire attempts so you can maximize your time practicing this extremely difficult technique. Use whichever method is easiest for you:

I'll use Nightmare as the example here. Go to the Training Options menu by pressing Start. Go down to the 2P Settings, switch 2P to Record COmmand. Record Nightmare first holding Guard for a second, then release guard and right away do 6K, ...
then right away do 1A. After you do that, press the Select button right away to confirm the recording. Then go back to the Training Options Menu, switch the 2P settings back to the default CPU Character Settings, go down once to the Control Settings, go down to the Moves Slot 1, select Replay, then Record 1. Back all the way out to the game.

Then what you want to do is run up to Nightmare while he's holding Guard, then right when you know he's going to release Guard and do 6K, you start walking backwards. This way the 6K will hit you as a CH which will allow you to attempt to tech, then JG the tech trap.

You are able to hold 2 and mash GGGG to tech, and then tap G right when you want to JG. If this is confusing for you, let me know what part you didn't understand, and I'll try to clarify it some more for you.
You can then press R1 and L1 together at the same time to reset the position and start all over again.

Good luck! You'll need it to master this extremely difficult technique.

Enk, you might wanna tell people that instead of pressing back/select right after the move that is supposed to be JGed, have them hold block for a second or two to see what moves they can use to punish after the JG.

Back