Humans are fucked.

FUCK YOU WHALE, AND FUCK YOU EEEEEEEEEEEEEDOLPHIN!

seriously...people are too sensitive. different cultures do different shit. it is easy to watch this and pass judgement on the japanese for eating dolphins or americans for veal or whatever, but it is all just cultural acceptance and knowledge. a quick example that comes to mind for me are chickens in america. people are so quick to jump on the "omg veal is wrong they are abused babies!" bandwagon...because veal is baby cow that is tender and delicious. what these hypocrites largely don't know is that chickens live to be 11-14 years old usually, and the chicken meat we eat at olive garden or buy at the grocery store is harvested between 4 and 6 months old. by any definition the animals are infants when we harvest and eat them...why? because after that they are not very tender. for some reason it just doesn't get media attention like veal does. sooooooooooooo many people refuse to eat veal because of their moral high ground but then devour baby chickens who are abused ten times worse by the hordes.

using the term "murdered" for animals is just silly. calling this a holocaust is incredibly offensive to actual human beings.

people aren't fucked. people are retarded...and leather is sexy and animals are delicious.

i can't be the only one who watched this and thought, "where can i get my hands on some of that dolphin meat?"

edit:

TLDR--- omg go to 54:00...LOL. "they are killed by the easiest/most inexpensive methods" *insert sad music and talk of shoving electric probes repeatedly into anus to kill them.* something makes me think that isn't the easiest method. lol.

i can't be the only one who watched this and thought, "where can i get my hands on some of that dolphin meat?"

Sort of related, last week a friend of mine stopped off at a meat-vendor where he bought a collection of: rattle snake, lion, venison(lame I know but it was in the list), and some other random animal. I was curious how he legally sold Lion meat but I guess there are places that can legally raise them for the fur which is where the money is at so the meat goes cheap.

I've never been more ashamed at other people for being ashamed at being an apex predator.

-Idle

Edit: Just because it has a face doesn't mean it deserves compassion.

You can't really call human beings predators. Since the purpose of one is to maintain the balance of a functioning ecosystem.

Human beings are destroyers manufactured from their own over indulgence. They can't see beyond their current pleasures. So they're the ripper of their own destruction along with everything interlaced. Even with knowledge to the consequences of their actions; they are slaves, helpless to their own destructive desires.

For that reason....there's nothing wrong with this picture, it is inevitable.

I'm guessing that vid was about how humans treat the animals they eat? No comment. Also, I'm guessing dolphin meat was discussed also, which is a silly thing in itself when you realize how much mercury dolphin meat has in it and that, in places like Japan, that it ends up advertised as other meats even because the supply far outmatches the demand and vendors just don't give a care.

Ugh...I'm sorry...I love meat and all...but I hate watching videos like this. I rather not know what goes on in the slaughter houses and just keep eating my protein....

My first cat I adopted from an animal shelter because I do know that they kill animals there....poor little things...if I had a huge farm or piece of land, I'd rescue a lot more dogs and kittens.

Meat is murder… mmmm, murder. DELICIOUS!
Seriously. Good source of protein and other stuff too.

As a boy, my family kept chickens and rabbits. Now I'll give you a minute to guess what sometimes happened to chickens and what always happened to rabbits.

That said, the realities of eating meat are what they are, and I understand them. Animals have to die if you're going to eat them and I've seen them killed. Videos like this won't change my mind. Good people should feel sympathy for animals I feel however and I don't blame anyone for getting upset. If people are treating animals inhumanely, or being extraordinarily cruel, well there's just no need for that. I'll also agree that there's just no need to eat dolphins. Something that smart shouldn't be on the menu.

As for the rest, not watching the video because I don't need a one sided rant citing the most ridiculous examples. I guarantee you there are more efficient means to killing an animal than an electric prod up the anus.

It's the law of nature, kill to survive. But not in this case I guess...

Maybe we could all be vegetarians, but meat tastes so goddamn good!!! WRAAAHAH!!!

I love meat and will never stop eating hamburgers bacon and steak. HOWEVER I don't like how they treat them no. It is animal cruelty their are more humane ways of dealing with the animals. WHY videos like this have been released and PETA hasn't gone absolutely bat shit is beyond me.

PETA is bat shit, they usually express it by doing really wonderful things like firebombing cancer research clinics where they use animals for research. They are pieces of shit basically.
As to why animals are treated cruelly, it's obviously not malicious I doubt the people running this industry are sadists it's just a question of price. If they treated and slaughtered them more humanely then it would be more expensive and you'd have to pay more for your food. Meat is already one of the more expensive components in a typical healthy meal for a middle class family, making it more expensive is not a good thing.

There are alternatives like free range or organic meat. They cost like three times as much.

Oh and if you want your meat to at least be killed humanely you could take a look at kosher meat, it's more money but not crazy more, and to be kosher it needs to be killed in a certain fashion. I think the same goes for Halal and it's even cheaper as its somewhat less stringent and it's a larger market (in most places).

Back