I make custom cover art for game boxes. I'll take any requests.

Norik

[14] Master
logo thread.png

I've noticed a decline in the quality of box art for most games, cluttered with logos, bright colors, useless information everyone already knows, and boring poses for marketing, so I decided to make my own.

I really like how these turned out, so I figured, why not share them? If you want the full sized file (either PSD or PNG) just tell me. I can also make brand new ones for any game you want upon request, regardless of console. They're already set for dimensions on an A4, so you'd just have to print them and trim with a cutter, x-acto knife, or a pair of scissors.

And before you ask, yes, this used NeoGaf's photoshop templates.

Vanquish-Xbox_3D.png

Dead-or-Alive-4-Xbox_3D.png

HALO-3-Xbox_3D.png

Soul-Calibur-V-Xbox_3D.png

DMC-Xbox_3D.png

Gundam-Xbox_3D.png

Soul-Calibur-IV-Xbox_3D.png

Soul-Calibur-V-Xbox---2_3D.png

SSFIV-Xbox_3D.png

Street-Fighter-x-Tekken-Xbox_3D.png

Last edited:
As much as I despise that DmC reboot, that cover looks very nice. I also like the halo 3 and DOA4 one

Wow these are really nice! I'll definitely be printing out the Viola and Zwei one. Could I request a couple? First, the Viola and Zwei one except for PS3 (that goes for the rest). A Soul Calibur 4 one of Amy and Raphael that is mainly dark in the background. And a DOA5U of Helena and Kasumi. If you could make Kasumi in her C2 and Helena in her C8 but if that's too specific they can be in their default costumes or whatever works really.

Sorry for the multiple request. It's really up to you on how it should look. :)

Just a question: Why are the games' titles on the back of the case?
To prevent the cluttered look of modern covers. It bothers me how you don't get to appreciate the art because there's the game's logo, the developer's logo, the publisher's logo, the console's logo, the online service logo, the age rating, and whatever other crap the retards at marketing occasionally sprinkle on top of all that. So I just keep it clean and elegant on the front, spines in Japanese (personal preference), and the game' logo on the back -which is usually emptier anyway in terms of design.

Never played DD so I have no idea what you're talking about. Not sure if this will be to your liking (click on the picture to download printable if you wish).

View attachment 36470
Dark Arisen is an expansion to Dragons Dogma. It features a new boss named Daimon who looks really cool. You Dragons' Dogma cover is really awesome though, how do you do it?

(>°O°) wow! These are simply beautiful norik. Very clean and elegant indeed.

If it's not much trouble, may I request a Raphael and Talim one for sciv ps3? In their 2D art with ostrheinsburg throne room background? And if you have time to spare, a Zwei and Nightmare one for ps3 as wel in their 2D art and with Nightys stage as background? Please and thank you (´ω`★)

*if the background is hard please feel free to choose instead. (>^_^)

To prevent the cluttered look of modern covers. It bothers me how you don't get to appreciate the art because there's the game's logo, the developer's logo, the publisher's logo, the console's logo, the online service logo, the age rating, and whatever other crap the retards at marketing occasionally sprinkle on top of all that. So I just keep it clean and elegant on the front, spines in Japanese (personal preference), and the game' logo on the back -which is usually emptier anyway in terms of design.

I sortve like the logos, title and all the informative stuff. Gives me an idea of what the games about while browsing through the games at the store or at home. Without it, it looks like a bootleg... but that's my view. Its not designed to sell as a work of art (thats why there's collector editions, artbooks, etc) so I wouldnt just dismiss the marketing folks who spend a good deal of time with box designs. However they could have printed a clean side on back of a coversheet and perhaps allow you to flip the insert if you so desired like the alternative cover designs for Tekken Tag 2 or Mass Effect 3.

Its not designed to sell as a work of art (that's why there's collector editions, artbooks, etc) so I wouldn't just dismiss the marketing folks who spend a good deal of time with box designs.
Well of course it's made to sell; using covers like mine as the official box art would be a disastrous marketing move. They still look like crap though, which is why I make these. I've already bought the product and know what the game is all about, so all the information becomes a useless distraction to me.

hello great work i see. my request
if may request one .
WWE 15. instead of Cena http://wwegamesinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/2k15-COVER-e1404220466111.jpg
could you use
Seth rollings-http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_profile/public/talent/profile/2014/06/sethrollins_1_full_20140612.png
and paige somehow http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superst...ent/profile/2014/04/paige_1_full_20140411.png

if you can use a background coler type effect, fire or ligths or fireworks using green like xbox.
if you can then 360 and xbox one. but one if only if its not a big problem :)
like used here http://i.imgur.com/4dx1EPLl.jpg

Back