Ideas for future Fallout games

damn-I-Suck

[12] Conqueror
Hello everyone! As the title says, this is a place to discuss what we want in the next fallout installment. Here's my ideas:

-Make different races playable, similar to elder scrolls games. For example, you could play as a super mutant and be highly resistant to radiation, but never be able to raise intelligence and agility past 5, and have bumps to strength and endurance. Or play as a non-feral ghoul. Maybe a synth, or even a robot. Make it happen.

-make more than 2 pre-set voices. Fallout 4 basically had 2 character voices, male and female. I want different accents, and different voices for different races. I know this is a whole buttload of voice acting, I don't care I want it. I LOVED how fallout 4 had your own character speak in conversation.

-Bring back speech check options from Fallout NV.

-Allow fast travel in survival mode, but with similar effects of New Vegas where after you fast travel you need to drink water eat food etc.

-Allow saving the game at any point in survival mode. This is something that needs to happen because of Bethesda games being notorious for freezing. You play for half an hour clearing out a place with no bed anywhere only to have the game freeze. Pure BULLSHIT.

-After you drink a nuka cola, or liquor, you should be left with an empty bottle that you can later will with water, as you can with any bottle (essential for survival mode)

-Nerf VATS. I mean seriously. Between Luck and agility perks, VATS was more overpowered than in any previous Fallout game. Critical hit mechanic was a nice idea, but with the combination of the right perks working together, this was downright broke.

-Nerf Idiot Savant perk or just eliminate it. OR you can make it so low intelligence nets you the same XP as high intelligence, but just limited to not having the good INT perks like gun nut and science for example.

-No more endless minutemen quests, no more preston Garvey saying "we have another settlement that needs your help". Right now, you do the quest, you go to preston, and if you're lucky he will immediately give you another one, sometimes he will give you TWO new ones before you can turn in the one you're on. You can never clear the quests off your list. I hate the minutemen.

-Be able to join the gunners as a faction, with their own main quests and side quests.

-Be able to join and run raider groups. I'm not talking about Nuka world raider gangs, but the standard raiders in the base game. Also with main and side quests.

-Have a 3d world map similar to how Skyrim did it, zoom in, rotate, and be able to see the geographical layout as well as the buildings in 3d.

-No more radiant quests, period. They feel pointless, empty, shallow. They don't effect anything, and have no meaning whatsoever except maybe some XP. "kidnapping at finch farm" almost always means going BACK into Saugus Iron Works for the billionth time. This goes for all factions.

-Have a landscape design that is more friendly to life, a less destroyed, radiated world, with forests, mountain ranges, and brighter colors. Fallout 4's world was kinda bland and colorless IMO. That being said, I would welcome another 'glowing sea' area of extreme radiation and general danger.

I think that about covers what I want in the next fallout games.

I realize this thread is a little old, but is a good topic of discussion.

Make different races playable, similar to elder scrolls games. For example, you could play as a super mutant and be highly resistant to radiation, but never be able to raise intelligence and agility past 5, and have bumps to strength and endurance. Or play as a non-feral ghoul. Maybe a synth, or even a robot. Make it happen.
Totally support this, though, in Fallout 4, it would be difficult to follow the main story line as a super mutant or robot...unless they add multiple story lines, which could be really fun.

make more than 2 pre-set voices. Fallout 4 basically had 2 character voices, male and female. I want different accents, and different voices for different races. I know this is a whole buttload of voice acting, I don't care I want it. I LOVED how fallout 4 had your own character speak in conversation.
Absolutely. With the variety of characters you can create it would be awesome to have a variety of voices to choose from.

Allow fast travel in survival mode, but with similar effects of New Vegas where after you fast travel you need to drink water eat food etc.
Either this or provide better options other than walking across a huge map. Maybe take some tips from 7 Days to Die where you can build a motor cycle and eventually, a car.

Allow saving the game at any point in survival mode. This is something that needs to happen because of Bethesda games being notorious for freezing. You play for half an hour clearing out a place with no bed anywhere only to have the game freeze. Pure BULLSHIT.
I kind of like being forced to sleep in order to save because of the challenge is provides, but at the same time, as you said, when the game freezes or crashes, it's unacceptable.

After you drink a nuka cola, or liquor, you should be left with an empty bottle that you can later will with water, as you can with any bottle (essential for survival mode)
This would make so much sense. We get to keep the cap, why not the entire bottle?

Nerf VATS. I mean seriously. Between Luck and agility perks, VATS was more overpowered than in any previous Fallout game. Critical hit mechanic was a nice idea, but with the combination of the right perks working together, this was downright broke.
I actually like VATS the way it is, though, I use it sparingly myself. I guess I don't have much of an opinion on it either way.

No more endless minutemen quests, no more preston Garvey saying "we have another settlement that needs your help". Right now, you do the quest, you go to preston, and if you're lucky he will immediately give you another one, sometimes he will give you TWO new ones before you can turn in the one you're on. You can never clear the quests off your list. I hate the minutemen.
They should have made it so that you have to ask Preston for a new quest. This was one of the most irritating pieces of the game for most people, I think, but it's definitely made it so when I do new play throughs, I usually leave the Minute Men in Freedom Hall and go on my way.

Be able to join the gunners as a faction, with their own main quests and side quests.
This would be awesome.

Be able to join and run raider groups. I'm not talking about Nuka world raider gangs, but the standard raiders in the base game. Also with main and side quests.
This would also be awesome.

No more radiant quests, period. They feel pointless, empty, shallow. They don't effect anything, and have no meaning whatsoever except maybe some XP. "kidnapping at finch farm" almost always means going BACK into Saugus Iron Works for the billionth time. This goes for all factions.
Nothing worse than having a random settler walk up to you and hearing, "We really need your help" and that "someone's been kidnapped" or "it's right around the corner" despite being half way across the map.

I want Halo's forge tools for building such as being able to adjust things with coordinates, move several link parts together so that you don't mess with what you've built that took time. Then be able to float like in Forge mode and finally be able to move parts anywhere without using mods. I also want underwater combat and exploration such as shipwrecks and even towns and such that were flooded by a dam that failed for example. Just like we have horses in Skyrim, why not two headed horses in Fallout or at least a motorcycle to get around a bit quicker that uses the same fusion cores as Power Armor, that would be awesome in Hardcore mode to be able to move around a bit faster if Quick Travel is disabled. I have many more but these are just a few ideas floating in my head for now along with most of what was said above me.

Back