If Soul Calibur characters are in a regular weapon fight, no magic and all that

MuffinMan123

[10] Knight
If each character go in with just their skills and their physical abilities with normal weapons and real world physics, no magic enhancements and no gameplay logic, how will the smaller characters even be able to fight against the likes of Rock/Astaroth one on one? Most weapons can't even block a horizontal swing from the giant axe without breaking in half, and most characters in the game don't have Ninja-like agility to realistically dodge all of their attacks. Not to mention they are also grappling masters so even close range is not safe for the other fighters.

If each fighting style is pit against another, which one would be more likely to defeat another?

probably a star wars character since they can use the force and cut through all the weapons

EDIT: Just read no magic, but if we are being hyper-realistic then most characters don't even qualify for a fight.

Leixia, Xiba, Maxi, Pat, Pyrrha, Ezio, and Rugi are probably the only characters that would be reasonable in real life

Leixia, Xiba, Maxi, Pat, Pyrrha, Ezio, and Rugi are probably the only characters that would be reasonable in real life
Probably not Pyrrha, her weapons have holy properties that grant her the ability to fight. I don't think holy weapons are allowed here.

I mean, looks to me like she's just using a sword and shield. If the sword is holy, then you just take away the holiness. That easy.

Well, if you gave Sieg a real zweihander, instead of those ridiculous swords like Requiem, he has one of the more realistic styles in SC, so maybe...?

If Sieg genuinely had the strength to use a sword like that as easy as he does in the game irl without any bullshit involved then he'd be terrifying in person. Simply being able to swing that stupid thing around pretty much invalidates most "skill" in a fight. I mean, look at Mitsu. Probably the individual with the highest amount of skill, what could he do? Can't dodge that shit, can't block that shit, couldn't duck that shit if he was just spamming irl 22A.

I think he's pretty much broken. Worse than Astaroth would be imo, since he is faster and smaller but still strong as fuck and would be able to block his ax.

I'd say Raph would be pretty good overall too. Surely an expert fencer would be quite tricky in a fight.

If Sieg genuinely had the strength to use a sword like that as easy as he does in the game irl without any bullshit involved then he'd be terrifying in person. Simply being able to swing that stupid thing around pretty much invalidates most "skill" in a fight. I mean, look at Mitsu. Probably the individual with the highest amount of skill, what could he do? Can't dodge that shit, can't block that shit, couldn't duck that shit if he was just spamming irl 22A.

I think he's pretty much broken. Worse than Astaroth would be imo, since he is faster and smaller but still strong as fuck and would be able to block his ax.

I'd say Raph would be pretty good overall too. Surely an expert fencer would be quite tricky in a fight.

Cervantes or Ezio, they have guns

Well, I mean, Sieg still has a quite realistic sword in SCV - Flamberge. I'd say with THAT sword in particular, he would have no problem "swinging it around", because a historical zweihander sword like that would weigh between 2 and 2.5 kilos, which is easily managable if you have some decent muscles and no heavy armor. I know 1P Sieg has armor, but 2p hasn't, it's just regular clothes and a chain mail (If I remember correctly). So, if he wasn't wearing any heavy armor and had a relistic sword, his fighting style is possible, he would be quite brutal, because even the real zweihander swords are brutal themselves.

Also, I quickly want to mention Yunsung/hwang. He is quite agile and his moves aren't always ridiculous, and the swords are realistic too. I own a chinese Dadao war sword, which is very similiar to what he uses, and that thing is BRUTAL. It hasn't got a very good balance, it's very tip-heavy, but that delivers significant damage, even if your edge alignment isn't perfect. But that Dadao is a two-handed sword, and Yunsung uses his one-handed and very quick, so I dunno about it being very realistic. But in a real fight, I think he'd be pretty good.

They have crappy, black powder guns. Those things would realistically get them one shot at best, they probably wouldn't even penetrate armor and sure as hell aren't accurate as they aren't rifled.

Viola would win because of her scary scissor hands, she can go full freddy krueger, or do this http://i.imgur.com/9wYg0d6.gif (don't click it if you are easily disgusted)
But for real though Mitsurugi must be the strongest, he has countermeasures to the rifles at the time which means he must be incredibly skillful and fast, and he also defeated Algol, a literal god and he did so without any sort of tricks.

Last edited:
Natsu is the most agile and even if you'd take her exaggerated jumps away she can evade most attacks.
And then slash anyone in the face in less than 1/6th of a second.

I mean, looks to me like she's just using a sword and shield. If the sword is holy, then you just take away the holiness. That easy.
If you take away it's holyness, her skill would be gone too, wouldn't it?

Natsu is the most agile and even if you'd take her exaggerated jumps away she can evade most attacks.
And then slash anyone in the face in less than 1/6th of a second.

If you take away it's holyness, her skill would be gone too, wouldn't it?
Keeping your weapons sheathed constantly isn't the brightest idea.

And why would Pyrrha's skill be gone if you took away the holiness of her weapon?

Back