iGDR GUIDE and Move Discussion

TerminatorCortez

[10] Knight
iGDR(Fastest input)

Since every newcomer to Cervantes has trouble with this move and I decided to create a thread for it. And we can also start a discussion on how to apply it in you gameplay.

Well here's a copy paste of this SA rules.

So here's what I highly recommend you to do before you post:
Like I said earlier iGDR is Cervantes best move, it has great range and it's is best punisher. iGDR can lead to devastating combos. So this move is a MUST if you want to master him.

Will these work, at least for the time being? They both have sections for iGDR.

I'm actually interested in making a breakdown video for iGDR, so my fellow shipmates, yay or nay on that?

He wasn't nerfed at all. The SCV incarnation of Cervantes is much, much more powerful than his SCIV counterpart. I wish we had a video of the current game in this thread.

I agree, Cervantes is amazing in this game. Btw Hates im a huge idiot, Concerning the Omega Matchup, i just realized she cant punish 3B with NS B, i always assumed its i13 still. Stupid me.

That helps really a lot.

He wasn't nerfed at all. The SCV incarnation of Cervantes is much, much more powerful than his SCIV counterpart. I wish we had a video of the current game in this thread.

More specifically, they have nerved or removed MANY of Cervantes' pop-ups. His down sword poke no longer launches grounded opponents, neither does his 1A,B, his 22~~88 A,A only launches if the 2nd hit is a counter.

Other changes include:
They also made his 421K,B,B and 4B+K a Dread charge move with the latter no longer have GB properties. His 214,A is no longer a unblockable but it now Has GB and GI properties.
His WC 623 B+G is now a brave edge. His B,B,B can no longer ring out, his 4B,K no longer turns him around and is now very unsafe, he lost his 1A low sweep, he Lost his facing away teleport and his 2146 teleport is now a dash with no available just frames. He lost his aK. And his 4aB AT is now a B+G throw.

He is still an amazing character, but saying that he hasn't been nerfed is ignorance.

I agree, Cervantes is amazing in this game. Btw Hates im a huge idiot, Concerning the Omega Matchup, i just realized she cant punish 3B with NS B, i always assumed its i13 still. Stupid me.

That helps really a lot.

Haha, I kinda wondered if that might be the case. No big deal, though; the game's still newish. Actually, my half-assed anti-Oprah strategy involves a lot of 3B (block) then punishing their incorrect 236B punish attempt. =P

He is still an amazing character, but saying that he hasn't been nerfed is ignorance.

Comparing characters from too different games by listing ony by one changes is ignorance. New Game, bro. Cervantes was mid+ in SC4 and is Top in SC5.

@Hates

I'm totally continuing to spread the FACT that his 3B is NS B punishable. If somebody contradicts i'll play the elitism tournament player card, discrediting everything they say. In?

Cervantes is indeed a Beast in this game. Wish I could upload my matches to show one playstyle but I'm quite lacking the equipment at this moment. :(

I found something kind of interesting; If you hit 214:B+K G you get the unblockable 1 B+K then immediately cancel it. Thus making 214:B+K G the safest of all other missed iGDR inputs

I'll tell all of you what I've told every Cervy player. You don't have to do it as fast as possible, just make sure the last two buttons it at the same time and it should work. This is how I do it at least on the off time I screw around with him (I've always loved pirates in any game(no homo)).

U guys know what i'm upset about? They nerfed his weapons! His flameswords in SCIV were way cooler than any of his SCV swords.

I haven't even started learning Cervantes and i already have iGDR down pretty good. People act like he's Alpha Pat #2. I posted my iGDR method that seems to work best in the Cerv General discussion forum

sometimes when I use iGDR after another move(i.e. 3B) Cervy starts DC, but I clearly see in training that 4 and B is pressed at one time.
is it a bug or iGDR needs some space after moves?

sometimes when I use iGDR after another move(i.e. 3B) Cervy starts DC, but I clearly see in training that 4 and B is pressed at one time.
is it a bug or iGDR needs some space after moves?

You cannot buffer iGDR, you always need to wait till recovery of the last move is over, aka till Cervantes last animation is finished. Othwise it will get buffered and you'll get a normal iGDR.

I've been looking everywhere for an answer so sorry ahead of time if this can be found elsewhere.

I just picked up Cerv and he's great, but I cant do this iGDR very well. I cant even do it with moderate consistency. It just seems to happen randomly as i try and do it. What is the trick? I've tried inputting it as fast as possible which doesnt seem to work. I just keep getting the normal attack with the long charge up. Please help...

Back