iGDR

MalachiteBR

[08] Mercenary
Guys, anyone have a good advice on making it ?? I tried training it for about 2hrs and didnt get how to do it right... I always tend to miss it.... Any trick on doing it ??

try holding guard when you do the action. then let go of G and hit B. i heard that some people find that easyier.

you have to get the 214 as fast as possible and the B has to be on the 4 (at least thats how it seems to me and i can do it 90%+offline) so try making sure you hit 4:B at the same time.

once you find the timeing keep doing it till you can do 10+ back to back, i always find that is a good way to practice the timings for any just frames or tricky moves (setsuka fury/moon (i think) combos, iGDR, iFCA+BBBB(GC), 3A:B iGDR~28B) once you can nail it back to back like that then time to test it in a fight.

id say you kinda gotta use it till you have the feel of how to role your thumb maybe that just me.

you have to get the 214 as fast as possible and the B has to be on the 4 (at least thats how it seems to me and i can do it 90%+offline) so try making sure you hit 4:B at the same time.

The 214 doesn't really have to be as fast as possible, as long as B and 4 are hit at the same time. Try slowing the 214 down a bit, and hitting B when you're at about 1. This should help you to find the timing, from there it'll just be practice and finding whatever method works for you.

Holding G while doing it can be useful for not getting accidental 1b's, but personally I'd rather get an accidental 1b than an empty Dread Charge. Try it anyway and see how it feels for you, if you have success that way then go for it.

i dont know about anyone else but i use 1B quite often, i like the step in it, as well as that it makes it look like you struggle to iGDR makes people less scared of it leving them trying slightly more unsafe stuff and you to get iGDR in a bit more.

on a side note does anyone use iGDR FC as a high punisher or do you go for the FC A+BBBB, i do both depending on my mood. its very satisfing to iGDR a ducked throw attempt. (although i think if i was in a serious fight i would probily jusr FCA+BBBB)

I dont think its that hard. I started training Cervy on Friday and had it down in one day. Just slide your thumb over the 214 quickly and hit B.

Hey I didnt know this but you can iGDR off the B+G throw is that really possible or was it just some crazy ass fluke that was awesome

Hey I didnt know this but you can iGDR off the B+G throw is that really possible or was it just some crazy ass fluke that was awesome

Surprisingly enough the only time I saw someone do this was when I was fighting a Cervy spammer online. He was mashing B, and lo and behold when he got a B throw against someone, he hit the JF. I was shocked.
I guess you just hit B at a certain time during the throw.

You do have to hit B with some weird JF timing to get that to come out. It's his best damage off the B grab, but it's terribly unreliable, nobody's managed to get the timing down consistently. Most likely this is because of different character sizes and weights causing the timing to change.

that's for iGDR..
but for iTP? you have to do 214 and an after a bit 6? what's the correct timing?
Ya but this topic is about iGDR.

Why don't you post it in the control stick or pad topic that you've just created?

I think to get the iGDR you have to press b as they are right about to eye level but I'm not sure i say we work on this as it is a great move

the JF grab is completly worthless it does less dmg than iCG and leaves you with no wakeup advantage its so bad i used to use it way back just to look cool though

Agreed JF Grab is horrible, you get a little more damage but at the chance of, RO, Whiffing, looking bad and hiting just B. Just do the Command Grab instead. But an interesting note with the B throw is that if your near a wall You can hit them twice with GDR at the approriate distance, its worth going for and all you have to do is mash B :D.

As for iGDR the only tricks you need to know are,;1st Make sure to press guard while doing it first mailiny because you cant do it from walking animation, 2nd B must be hit the instant you hit 4. Its a little wierd to learn but once you get it you wont forget it, 3rd Practice against moves that are i15 or more or Mitsus 1A. This will put the fear of iGDR into your oppenents just becareful online since the frames differ.

Grammer aside that should help.

i think it too, actually JF trow sucks. risk>>>>>>>reward

usually i perform iGDR w/out g button pressed, hm, have to try this one, thanks for the hint

It REALLY REALLY helps to press the right stick in after each attempt (this restarts the training) this way you can try hundreds of times per minute! And if you are not even doing dread charge take it slow for a little and do the normal move.

Back