I'm a new Natsu player

Nimrodent

[08] Mercenary
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums. I've been a casual player since 1997 (Soul Blade) but just recently I got inspired about getting back into SCV. I used to play Siegfried but have just switched to Natsu and I'm now practicing and trying to learn to play seriously. Honestly adjusting to playing a quick character with short range attacks has been really really tough so far, but I'm getting there and it's super rewarding.

I'm in Stockholm, Sweden, and playing on PSN (Nimrodent).

If you wanna play me, give me a holler. I'll play anyone if I have time. :)

I used to play Siegfried but have just switched to Natsu
Booooo... Though now you don't have to worry about that horrible Siegfried to Natsu matchup anymore!

Those attacks may indeed be short range, but she hits hard and fast and has plenty of moves that help her get in quickly. Definitely get acquainted with Natsu's frame data in the Wiki!

Welcome fellow Ninja!
Whiffing can be a pain in the butt with Natsu especially against good backsteppers like Cervy and such.
But there are ways to counter that.
Feel free to ask me any questions about her or click on the link in my signature ^.^

Thanks guys! Wow, there's so many great resources on 8wayrun! I've been lurking for a few weeks while reading up on the basics, so I've gone over her frame data and I'm in the process of figuring out how to use her tools. I also read through the main Q&A thread about Natsu in her soul arena, so I've got a decent grasp of what people are saying about Natsu and her tool set.

I still love Siggy but one of the main reasons I switched over to Natsu when I decided to get serious about this game is that I can't do :A:::G:::A:. Natsu's :A:::6: is so much easier for me to execute, though I'm still working myself to the bone in practice mode to perfect the timing on :A:::6: and PO :A:::6: :)

I find that a lot of my practice goes towards eliminating bad habits from years of casual play. It's really tough for me to adjust to doing :3::K::K: and :K::K: instead of :3::K::K::K: and :K::K::K:, even knowing that the third hit is punishable on block.

At this stage though there are so many things to practice, it can feel overwhelming! But I'm having a lot of fun practicing so I'm sticking with it. :) It's difficult to decide where to put my effort though, what aspects to practice first! So if you have tips about that, I'd be grateful.

EDIT: Oh, I thought of another question. Can you buffer just inputs? Let me explain the question. Let's say you do :6::A::+::B::4:, :A:::6:. Now, what I end up doing is, I'll wait for Natsu to get into Possession and then I'll try to hit A as soon as it's possible. But I'm worried that I'm losing frames doing that, so I want to buffer the A. But if I buffer the A, can I buffer the just input 6, or do I have to wait until the move has started up to hit A?

EDIT: Oh, I thought of another question. Can you buffer just inputs? Let me explain the question. Let's say you do :6::A::+::B::4:, :A:::6:. Now, what I end up doing is, I'll wait for Natsu to get into Possession and then I'll try to hit A as soon as it's possible. But I'm worried that I'm losing frames doing that, so I want to buffer the A. But if I buffer the A, can I buffer the just input 6, or do I have to wait until the move has started up to hit A?

Sadly You can't.
:A: gets buffered and :6: too but not the " : " (the gap between the two inputs neccessary for a successful JF :A:::6:)
See this thread for execution helps:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/natsus-hardest-moves-discussion.11926/

Back