Implementing 6B:B after Soul Wave

Crimson

OSWLA
I hardly see anyone do this, considering it has GB properties and whatnot..

Was wondering if any better NM's out there know of any good set-ups for this attack??

Also if anyone could help me with the frame data on this couldn't find it posted.

To be frank, I totally forgot about this move up till recently.
Anyway, with the SC GB, NM's still at -5~-6 on G.
That's probably why nobody really uses it. But hey, do toy around with it! Who knows, you might discover some new use on it!

Some shameless promo: After Evo & SuperCon, I'll be working on Project Nightmare: Manly Man Rii Skill Exhibition. :D

sounds fun

and yeah I have also thought about how to implement this but it's just hard -_-

From what I think of the move. It seems like a good way to wear down the opponent's soul gauge. I think you could do SC 66B > 6B:B/agA. The aga could discourage them from stepping and try to use a TC move to beat it.

Otherwise its not the most useful move that are upgraded from soul charge.

Can't wait for you to "show us the manliest nightmare", ShenRii :P

I was just looking over the wiki and I think it's completely stupid that SC 66B has the same frames on block and the same gauge damage as non-SC 66B. Is there anything different other than the lightning visual effects? I still do 66B (blocked) > iagA sometimes; I find 6B:B to be too slow to work, unless your opponent is under the impression they're at disadvantaged after GB 66B.

Well 6B/6B:B is just mainly used for a poke, you wouldn't see anyone just throw it at point blank, it's like - frames on hit and, above -15 on block, so yeah...

The SC version I would say if you do GB someone, if they don't about the -5 throw in a grab, or step, 11K, WS K, 9K something nice =D. I'd say if you know someone who's going to attack anyway knowing that's it's -5 you should probably GI back or something of that sort, like B+K for spacing.

SC 66B is certainly + on block and there would be an easy mixup to set it up if not for the gay patch nerfs

its difficult to get SC 6B:B to land on anything since most of the time after A+B or 2A+B your opponent is usually on the ground, the soul charge time is pretty short too.

its difficult to get SC 6B:B to land on anything since most of the time after A+B or 2A+B your opponent is usually on the ground, the soul charge time is pretty short too.

Well, I've been able to get off a GB 3 NSS B:A and the 6B:B GB when people lock up and block. It seems the SC last about 3 to 4 seconds for me..?? Anyone really know??

I was just seeing if there was any better setup or switchup then what I already use is all.

Back