In which order does one master Soul Calibur?

Soul Calibur is Easy to Learn, Hard to Master

I will also Second that playing people (no matter how good or bad) is better than practice mode or playing against the AI. ie Practicing aPAT and Cervy JFs is great, but actually learning when to apply those moves and punish accordingly in the heat of battle is another story.

In terms of multi characters, you will never be able to be Master more than 2-3 Characters (unless your me).

That said, it is absolutely MANDATORY that you have secondary characters. Why? Becuase every characterin Soul Calibur has very different tools/stances/frames/range/mixups and therefore each character will play vastly different. Playing a different character and coming back to your main will
1) Enable you to understand your opponent better, and what they will be "going for" depending on character.
&
2) Actually enhance you main characters play, having now learned an"new way of Calibur" and adapting it to your main.

And yes. There is no such thing as cheap in this game. Boring shitty play styles yes, but not cheap.

Soul Calibur actually takes place in between the attacks/movement. Its when things are neutral and you decide "This is what I'm going to do".
Don't listen to him. Character lock as ZWEI and never play anyone else

Even though I am retired from Soulcalibur 5, I feel this should be added.

Playing against other players is a good strategy. No doubt. It will help you learn your character faster than the AI ever could.

Playing against a player who focuses strictly on one style is going to make this process go even faster, at least for learning MU for that character.

When playing multiple characters, finding people who are using the style you're currently playing with is going to help you learn that character faster. If they are willing to teach you their tricks and/or you observe and learn them, this will speed up the process even more. Practicing by yourself would take decades. It took me six months to get as far as I did with Mitsurugi. I got twice as better in a week after a Mitsurugi player showed me the right way. I have a friend who taught me to play Raphael and I learned him from scratch in two weeks. I went over and learned the moves with Pyrrha over night and it was enough to beat the average player online.

The most difficult obstacle to get around is the fact that all characters have different speeds and ranges. A Nightmare player trying to use Leixia is going to take a lot of work.

1. pick up your favorite character
2. hope he/she is high tier
3. if not, sell your soul to satan
4. win
5. pay up

Day 10...Satan hasn't stopped sending me soul bills
Day 12 I'm not sure If selling 79% of my soul is worth it....
Day 13 Tira....

Back