<Insert witty title about my creations here> By Raskall95

Raskall95

[09] Warrior
Hi folks!
So recently I've been looking around on these forums and they have inspired me to actually use character creation (Normally I would just do recolours of Natsu or Ivy) and I think it's time I post my Characters and their stories and present them to you!

(I apologise for the bad quality of the pictures, curse you Microsoft for not adding a screenshot feature! And my work has been inspired by the amazing Matty82, check out his stuff!)

So let's get started!
ZUKIO HYADOKUA

Zukio is actually my first decent looking, non-generic looking, ninja character that I actually like is worth uploading and writing a story about! I really love how Zukio turned out with all the patterns and stickers I used, he looks really good on Leixia's stage as he just suits the environment really well!

Full body shot:
ZukioFaraway.jpg

Close up shot:
Zukiocloseup.jpg

Story
Zukio was raised alongside Natsu even though they were not related, they had both became friends fast at a very young age and have been best friends ever since.

But recently Zukio had realised that Natsu was acting very odd around him. This concerned him as he cared very deeply about her, he also knew how much she was missing her sensei, Taki.

One day in the early hours of the morning Natsu awoke Zukio to tell him that she would be going to find Taki and would return in a couple of weeks. Zukio told her this was a silly idea, for her to go chasing after someone seeing as she has no clue as to where Taki may be, but Natsu simply dismissed him and faded into the darkness surrounding his room.

"I'll be back in a couple of weeks" These words echoed in Zukios mind and he had many sleepless nights worrying about Natsu, and as the two week deadline drew closer Zukio started to worry, he said to himself "She won't be exactly two weeks.. I'll wait two more.." Zukio tried to reassure himself that Natsu would be fine, but he could sit idle no longer...

One day Zukio packed a few belongings, the first being his trusty ninja blades and set off to find, and rescue if need be, his best friend.

MEI-LING CHAI-FO
Mei-Ling is actually based off Natsu with the shot Uni-tard and high socks, and I think the way I did it looks pretty good, except for the fact that the pocket sticks create a white sort of gradient thing that ruins the black unitard and the thigh highs are see throughish and not blocky, but still looks just as good I think! (Her story is also inspired by Toph Bei-Fong's from Avatar the Last Air bender)
Full body shot:
MeiLingfaraway.jpg

Close up shot:
Mei-Lingcloseup.jpg

Story:
Mei-Ling is your typical rich Japanese girl, how ever she has a secret that she must keep from everyone, even her parents. Mei, is a secret ninja and sneaks away at night to an underground base to secretly train her skills in the art of combat with the Joma-Nu Tao clan, under the assumed name of Chi Yen

Mei-Ling lives a small village of the highest Japanese government officials, her father being Ryu Chai-fo the accountant for the richest, most powerful families in Japan.

How ever recently this was all taken away from her. Her riches, her everyday way of life but also her parents were slain in cold blood. Mei's small village was recently invaded by Malfested monsters and Mei, wants revenge. With her grand father Toki's weapons on her back, no one can stand in the way of this ninja's patch to vengence.

HYRO & YUMI SHORUKAI

Hyro and Yumi were pretty rushed to be honest, and I had never decided to make them both married until I wrote their story, and I don't tend to use them very much in matches, so I've deleted them:\ But I'm still pleased with how they turned out looking at them here.

Hyro
Full body shot:

Hyrofaraway.jpg

Close up shot:
Hyrocloseup.jpg

Yumi
Close up shot:
Yumicloseup.jpg

Full body shot:
Yumifaraway.jpg

Story
Hyro Shorukai met Yumi Gaei years ago in their ninja training in the underground hiding place of the Joma-Nu Tao and fell in love straight away, and vowed their love for each other two years after they met.

Hyro and Yumi knew about the threats of malfested invasions, but they were ready, ready to protect their village, ready to protect their son, Ranyu.

However, the malfested had also got hold of some ninja's or should I say.. old ninja's that were once great and resurrected by the evil powers of Soul Edge.

One night when the Shorukai household were asleep, Hyro and Yumi were awoken by their son Ranyu in the other room crying and lots of loud noises. Hyro and Yumi to their soons rescue, but all they saw was a monster with one eye, covered in blood, and before they knew it, he vanished in a puff of smoke, but left note that read.

"Your son will make a great addition to the Malfested ninja clan, he has your eyes Yumi. Not for long."

Infuriated at this letter Yumi and Hyro vowed they would find their son and bring him back home at what ever costs.

Wow, you definitely have a defined style of your own. I've never seen so many patterns and stickers used simultaneously while still looking good. Very impressive. Zukio in particular looks amazing.​

Wow, you definitely have a defined style of your own. I've never seen so many patterns and stickers used simultaneously while still looking good. Very impressive. Zukio in particular looks amazing.​

Wow, thank you so much he is my favourite, I use him in ranked matches constantly:D . I'll hopefully be uploading a few more tomorrow! :)

Nice, but again a very common mistake, that I've seen many making... too much saturation...if you decrease, for example, 2 or 3 levels of saturation on the orange parts of Zukio and the purple parts of Mei-Ling, I'm sure they'll look 100% more natural.

Nice, but again a very common mistake, that I've seen many making... too much saturation...if you decrease, for example, 2 or 3 levels of saturation on the orange parts of Zukio and the purple parts of Mei-Ling, I'm sure they'll look 100% more natural.

Ah, thats not me:) My camera feels the need to change saturation and the purple on Mei-Ling is actually a very dim grayish purple and Zukio's is more of a bronzey colour on his armour and the orange is set as 3 Saturation, they look much better as you see them. It's not me it's the camera, honest!

But thanks for your feedback it is very much appreciated! :)

Got a couple more to share with you guys!

JEROME VALE

I absolutely adore Jerome, I think he's my best CAS (So far!!) and I love using him online I just hate it when his armor is destoryed:( I'm also glad I found a use for the Lusca armour, because it's so ugly, but Jerome can pull it off!

Full body shot: (My annoying camera makes Jerome's coat a crimson colour, when it is actually a very, very dim maroon)
JeromeFaraway.jpg

Close up shot:
JeromeCloseup.jpg

Story
Jerome Vale is a highly esteemed and successful engineer and his skills are undoubtly the best of the all the land and the most successful people come to him, when anything is needed air ships, cannons and even reading lamps.

However, Jerome's world was turned upside down when his beloved partner Victor was slaughtered and a note was found with Victor's eyes skewered onto the nail that held the note onto the wall.

Those who die with no honor,
shall be reborn and fight with the honor,
given to them by the Master.

Distraught with this loss, Jerome designed and built a new invention the "The Barbed Tongue" named after it's tongue like motions and fast attacking speed, much like a whip.

So Jerome set out on his journey to avenge Victor and stop the monsters who did this, from destroying peoples hope for the future.

CORAN LeFRAIS
I find that Coran is a bit... meh I feel like he's lacking something such as more detail and stickers and just general awesomeness, but I love his story It's kind of like Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty, where he gets sent away (Sleeping Beauty) and Beauty and the Beast with the old hag who loses her curse of eternal uglyness which I go into more detail with her story!
Full body shot:
Coranfaraway.jpg
Close up shot:
Corancloseup.jpg

Story (can't put into a spoiler, as multiple spoilers are created)
Coran is the long lost Brother of Hilde. Coran and Hilde have no idea of each others existence or their relationship.
When Coran was born the whole Kingdom of Wolfkrone celebrated as they had a new Heir for their Kingdom, however one woman was not. She had a vision of Coran, but it was not a good one. The old hag went to Palace and begged the King to peer inside her crystal ball.
The King was not pleased with what he saw.. the old hag was right, and before the King voiced his feelings the hag's face shone out from her hood, until she was completely drenched in a white glittery light that blinded the king for a moment her when the light faded a beautiful woman was before him, her clothes were regal and beautiful and her hair long and blonde, her skin flawless and beautiful, however she was clearly blind. This now beautiful woman grabbed the King by the shoulder and murmured the following words into his ears, as if in a trance.
An heir born on 24th Night of Young February,
Shall be born into a future full of peril,
He shall bring many lives to a standstill.
With eyes of coal,
and a corrupted soul,
there is no hope,
no hope.
A river is flowing,
Of which he can be sailed,
And safe he shall be,
And none shall be perilled,
There will be hope,
Hope.
The King was devastated with this news, thinking that he had to abandon his own son, not just for his son's safety, but for his Kingdom. With much regret the King staged a fake death for his son and told the kingdom that the heir was assassinated by members of the Malfested ninja clan.
Ever since Coran was raised is a small village called "Petit Cadeaux" by an elderly woman who found him crying in a basket.
Recently Coran received news that he was in fact royalty and the Kingdom of Wolkfrone was his inheritance, and he took off with his trusty sword and shield to Wolfkrone to find his father.

I'm really liking what your doing. I really don't see a problem with the saturation ether. But I often have to reign myself in with bright colors. Good job!

Some excellent designs here, especially for a first-time poster.

Before Le Bello moves on though, you may want to put the stories in spoiler tags, and put the images before the stories. Often people come to these threads for some inspiration or just to see if what's about. And whilst Le Bello loves a good story, often they're long and sometimes I just want to see the pretty pictures, so having to scroll through paragraphs of prose is off-putting.

However that's a minor niggle, the CaS themselves are very good. The colours are well matched, and if you say the camera oversaturates them, then Le Bello believes you. My only real point of note is that the Pareo on Zukio looks a bit odd. I can see what you were trying to achieve, because Le Bello tries doing it too, but it's awkward and distracting. Perhaps because it has the same pattern as the trouser leg? Something to ponder, perhaps.

Jerome is, as someone before Le Bello said, using the Lusca Armour set in the best way I've seen yet. The near-overdone level of the patterns works, and with that armours natural decal it creates a nice synergy. On top of that you've used that mask and hair combo really well, and it's one of the better uses of both those pieces I've seen. The scarf adds a final flourish to enrich the character's natural flair, and overall gives a regal, sinister look. Bravo!

What he said
Oh my, Thanks so much! From you that means alot and I've tried putting the stories into a spoiler but instead of making 1 spoiler for the story, 3 are made and I have 2 empty ones and one with the story in,a nd it's quite annoying, but from now on I shall use spoilers! :)

Thanks for the amazing feedback! :D

Oh my, Thanks so much! From you that means alot and I've tried putting the stories into a spoiler but instead of making 1 spoiler for the story, 3 are made and I have 2 empty ones and one with the story in,a nd it's quite annoying, but from now on I shall use spoilers! :)

Thanks for the amazing feedback! :D

Never a problem! And yeah, phantom spoilers are a large issue here on 8WR, but Le Bello finds it looks a bit better this way. =|;}D

"IT'S RAININ' MEN!!! HALLELUJAH!!"
hahah, that was my initial reaction. I really like them. your colors and patters are solid any i see coran suffers from that small european pattern that never is big enough for a shield. (i have the same issues) My Suggestion is add make-up to alllllllll of your characters. it gives them more distinct faces. and its totally possible to have a masculine char with longer looking lashes-- just use nude tones! AAAAND stickers can work wonders on making "happy-trails" and armpit hair. but these look good none-the-less!

"IT'S RAININ' MEN!!! HALLELUJAH!!"
hahah, that was my initial reaction. I really like them. your colors and patters are solid any i see coran suffers from that small european pattern that never is big enough for a shield. (i have the same issues) My Suggestion is add make-up to alllllllll of your characters. it gives them more distinct faces. and its totally possible to have a masculine char with longer looking lashes-- just use nude tones! AAAAND stickers can work wonders on making "happy-trails" and armpit hair. but these look good none-the-less!

Hahahaha I love it!:)

And ewww, armpit hair.. oh well what ever tickles your fancy;) And I normally always run out of sticker usage anyway ahaha. And I will most definitely add some sort of face paint (It's not make-up, make up is for girls!) Thanks for the advice!:)

Back