Instant command grab buffer

KowtowRobinson

[10] Knight
Just realized this wasn't posted here, originally posted by docvizzo over on that site that slows down all day.

Cervy's command grab has to be done while in full crouch, but there's an easy way to buffer it from standing. The command is [G]323b+g. He'll make a slight twitch duck, and then come up with the command grab. VERY useful too to mix in anywhere in your offense in close. Can also be done after stun moves like a+b if they're good at shaking the stuns in time to guard a follow up.

Make sure to mix it up off this new buffer. As suggested by Brianh8s, buffer in the throw, and do the A version. That twitch duck will make people break B once they realize what's going on. Mix in mids as well if they like to duck when they see you duck. Direct quote was "twitch duck before everything! Fill your friends with rage!" and it's totally true.

Make sure you're in throw range when you do this, though. I experimented with it a lot at a recent tourney in both casual and tournament matches, and I found that I was making mistakes with the range, barely whiffing the throw and getting punished for it by the better players. But it's absolutely a must learn technique for any Cervy player.

I caught this on CF and its helped me alot especially when I found out you can buffer the throw. It reminds me of Bryan's COM in Tekken. I tend to do it after iTP and after I get the 11k to 6k frame trap working for me.

That's a good place to use it, also watch on safe moves that leave the opponent close, like Amy 33b. If the opponent stands and guards or tries to twitch duck, you can work a mixup in there as well.

That's a good place to use it, also watch on safe moves that leave the opponent close, like Amy 33b. If the opponent stands and guards or tries to twitch duck, you can work a mixup in there as well.

Yeah, Ive been working on that and one of my friends plays Amy and since I found out about the buffer I've been using it ALOT lol....of course implementing mixups when needed.

Back