It feels like there's nothing I can do at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringblade

[08] Mercenary
I play Xbox LIVE, I went from 70% win rating to 50% in a couple of days since I only meet the same characters now at C rank..

It feels like there's nothing I can do at all agains these characters. It's Mitsurugu, Siegfried, Natsu and Xiba, and to be honest, they are the only ones I meet, and every time, I get my ass whooped hard because of misses, and dodges they do, and their range <- (Except Natsu who just gets close up and takes a lot of damage)

Does anyone have any tips on what to do against these characters as Tira? Providing links would be cool too since I can't find anything.

Thanks, from a sad Tira player!

With Mitsu you really really really have to watch out for his 4B. He will try to slip out inbetween your hits when he is at disadvantage and then counter-hit you. Punish this tendency by learning when he likes to do it and throwing out GS 66B when you expect it. I also like to step around a lot at mid range to try to bait his high anti-step moves then GS 44B under them for pretty nice damage.

As a Siegfried player, I can tell you that he's a very unsafe character and is very weak up close and doesn't have the best punishment attacks compared to some of the other characters. He can space pretty well, though, so getting close can be a problem. Tira's UD B can help with that. So, when you do get in close, keep pressuring him. Also, try not to get freeze up if he goes into his "stance dance". If you're close enough, you can probably just knock him out of it with AA, GS 2A or JS FC A.

I just want to say, don't be down hearted, but look on it as a good thing because you have something specific you know that you can work on to make you better in the end! It's pretty inevitable with any skill based matchmaking that your win ratio will level out at 50% so definately don't worry about that. Maybe you should play those characters for a little bit to find out what sucks about them when you are using them. Also, metagaming your opponents to have a good guess what they will do, and playing against this is always going to be good.

Thanks for the replies! It went a lot better now when I tried to play the character myself, and see what their bad sides was. Still lost against Mitsurugi, but with 2 wins, and he 3, instead me losing with none win :P

Sorry ZUZU, i'm a little bit new to these forums, but I will ask in Q&A from now on if I got a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back