Ivy Auto-GIs

dittO

[09] Warrior
In this thread you can find a list of all Ivy's moves that have auto-GI properties:

CL 1A
Moves that can auto-GI:
- All Lows
auto-GI Activation Window:
From (?) frame

WP A+B
Moves that can auto-GI:
- All Horizontals
About ~5th to ~10th frame (Credits to Orionics)

WP 4A+B
Moves that can auto-GI:
- All Horizontals
- High Kicks
- Low Kicks
From 1st frame (window is wider than 1 frame)

CL_SW_WP WSA+B
Moves that can auto-GI:
- All Horizontals
- All Verticals
- All Kicks
From 1st frame (window is wider than 1 frame)

Thanks to Orionics, Ring, Suirad for info! I also did a bit research myself, and I can confirm most of what the other members mentioned. Additional info is welcome ;)

I can't say that I'm 100% sure with these but...

CL_SW_WP WS A+B - aGIs everything (including throws! but only with perfect aGI). The window is really long.

CL 1A - all low attacks. But the GI window starts horribly late making this precious property utterly useless. It also tends to fail with aGI (opponent can magically block the second part of the attack). The only good thing I can think of is the damage (CL 1A 4B SW 214K = 70-80). I really hate this move, it never works for me. It's slow, unsafe, aGI useless, does almost no damage without CH/aGI, and TCs late...

WP A+B - horizontal moves (except for kicks I belive)

WP 4A+B - all horizontal moves. I'd say that there is a 80 - 90% of chance for this weird pushback to happen making Ivy open for an attack. It works better near wall/edge. The good thing is that GI window starts from the first frames and the window itself is very long.

Ok, thanks.
I'll also double-check (probably) tomorrow and edit the first post.

...lol, don't know why, but just crossed my mind. Has anyone checked If WP 3B+K has any auto-GI properties at all? Argggghhh, I really hate it when I don't have my PS3 available at all times...

As promised, today a had a bit free time to check Ivy's auto-GIs...
Ok, 1st post updated.
Info from Ring and Suirad is appreciated ;)

Whoever wants, can help with the exact activation window of each move.
Also, to close this chapter (Ivy's auto-GI moves), when all info will be collected, perhaps I'll post a small paragraph describing Ivy's auto-GI game in general and of course move-specific. Also anyone willing to do the same is welcome.

(ouff...thank god this chick has only 4 auto-GI moves...)

Nice work. I'm not sure how to check activation frames though. Maybe Davo87 could help us here!

here's how you test:

IVY P1 vs Ivy P2 in training mode. pick an all wall stage.

record commands CL 33A(-14) A+K, G

Ivy P1, with back to wall, does CL A(i14) after blocking CL 33A.

If it hits we established that the first frame ivy can preform another attack from block stun occurs after the recorded negative frame. So if we now do...

recorded commands CL 33A(-14) A+K, WP A+B

Ivy P1, with back to wall, does CL 2A(i15) after blocking CL 33A.

If WP A+B aGIs then we know that the aGI activates on the 1st frame.

if not we try...

recorded commands CL 33A(-14) A+K, WP A+B

Ivy P1, with back to wall, does WP 3A(i16) after blocking CL 33A.

If WP A+B aGIs then we know that the aGI activates on the 2nd frame.

If not... P1 WP A for the 3rd frame

If not... P1 WP 2A for the 4th frame

ok i checked it out. it turns out... frame data is confusing. it's not really constant for many reasons such as hit boxes and the fact that different people people worked on different characters so its hard to be consistent and other factors.

Ivy P2 can block Ivy P1 CL A after Ivy P2 CL33A is blocked

this means that the frame data shows the frame that you can block on OR that the data for 33A is off by a frame OR that CL A isn't i14.(i don't know i hit with SW6B in the same scenario but check out the example below; CL A is not aGIed when CL2A is JaGIed and WP3A is also aGIed.)confusing

i tested WP A+B aGI frames

Ivy P2 preforms WP4K (-10), A+B. Ivy P1 hits with CL A(i14) after blocking WP4K

Ivy P2 preforms WP4K (-10), A+B. Ivy P1 CL 2A(i15) is JaGIed after blocking WP4K

by this you could say that WP A+B's aGI starts at frame 5 of the move.

Ivy P2 preforms WP WS K (-7), A+B. Ivy P1 hits with WP 2A(i18) after blocking WP WS K

Ivy P2 preforms WP WS K (-7), A+B. Ivy P1 WP A (i17) is aGIed after blocking WP WS K.

by this you could say that the last active frame of th aGI is on the 10th frame.

so WP A+B aGI last from frame 5-10.(maybe :P )

thanks for the effort^^

Overall, (imo always) Ivy's auto-GI game is not that good (it's not very bad either, although it's closer to bad).
CL 1A: As a move sucks. As an auto-GI also sucks. Perhaps it is used situationaly to interrupt blocked (probably) enemy strings (containing lows of course). TBH it hasn't been of any use to me so far...
WP A+B: Not good to use it other than for its auto-GI properties. Finding all blocked (or not blocked) enemy strings that can be auto-GIed helps considerably.
WP 4A+B: Good news is that auto-GI starts (probably) from frame 1. Also good news is that activation window is big. Bad news is the unwanted pushback that auto-GI causes most of the times, making this move pretty bad in any way you see it (both as an auto-GI or not). Also disadvantage on block and hit. However, it's use is completely situational, because the pushback happens rarely when opponent is close to wall/edge (causing W! or RO with the B follow-up).
CL_SW_WP WSA+B: Disadvantage on block AND hit. However this can auto-GI many moves. The only use I can find for this move is only when opponent is low on life, for its auto-GI ability and because it is a natural combo.

Back