Ivy CS/SS Command Throw Discussion Thread

Mage

I'll make you submit!
We'll use the original post to highlight the most important information about the command throws.

• Calamity Symphony can only be used in Whip State.
  • Calamity Symphony is faster than Summon Suffering by three frames.

Summon Suffering:

This method takes advantage of the 50-frame gap between command entries.
Quickly input d/f, u/b, u, u/f, f, d/f, d. Do 'something,' and 50 frames or
less later, rub the controller through d/f, d, d/b+A+B. Therefore the first
half can be buffered into anything, and you "execute" the throw with the
last quick rub motion.

This method is also useful if you exploit the 50 frame seperation between the
last three commands, as it is possible to get 150 frames of crouching from them.
Hold G and press d/f to crouch, and slowly rub the last three commands. As you
hit d/b and release G to hit A+B, Ivy will stand up for Summon Suffering.

Last edited:
Just want to say that iCS with the fire effect is still possible. I believe there was a misconception and people assumed that you can't do the JF because of the "214 aK" causing a delay. All it comes down to is speed.

This should be dubbed as incinerating CS.

Since SC 2 HD online is getting out soon I have a one question. Is this true that you can perform CS while in sword form ? If it is how then ?

As far as I know this isn't possible in SCII.

I haven't play Soulcalibur II for a long time though, so I may be wrong.

In SC2 it is possible in sword to do CS when you use the unblockable cancel. 37623 2 1 4 aK as the input.
In the video above you at the 29 sec mark you can see Ivy in sword stance does an attack from sword and then pulls out CS.

In SC2 it is possible in sword to do CS when you use the unblockable cancel. 37623 2 1 4 aK as the input.
In the video above you at the 29 sec mark you can see Ivy in sword stance does an attack from sword and then pulls out CS.

I haven't been able to put it out once. I can do CS from whip stance 99% of the time. I just don't understand that unblockable cancel. Everytime I've been doing it her 2,1,4 A comes out. I tried while standing and not moving during 15 minutes her 214 a was still coming out and no CS. Must I piano input the A+K or press them simultanely. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Yes you must piano the A K input. So press A first then quickly press K. If you leave too much of a gap you'll get 214A, and if you press A and K at the same time in sword state you wont get anything.

What your doing is tricking the system. At first the system thinks you want 214A, but after pressing K, does the system realize you want CS. This is why you get the fire effect.

Anyways do the 37623214 input slowly (as thats not really the issue) and work on pressing A first then K quickly.

I've searched in some forum and can I be doing it to fast ? When I'm performing CS it does more than 95 damage and she's laughing while the opponent is in the air. Now I'm getting her 44a instead of her 214a ... lol am I in the good direction ?

I don't think speed is the problem but most likely the inaccuracy if you are attempting to do it fast. As Eli suggested, try it slowly first and build your way up to it, as in SCII it's not about speed as it is in SCV.

I don't think speed is the problem but most likely the inaccuracy if you are attempting to do it fast. As Eli suggested, try it slowly first and build your way up to it, as in SCII it's not about speed as it is in SCV.
Yes you must piano the A K input. So press A first then quickly press K. If you leave too much of a gap you'll get 214A, and if you press A and K at the same time in sword state you wont get anything.

What your doing is tricking the system. At first the system thinks you want 214A, but after pressing K, does the system realize you want CS. This is why you get the fire effect.

Anyways do the 37623214 input slowly (as thats not really the issue) and work on pressing A first then K quickly.

Thank you to both of you I can now pull it off really easily even with iCS. You were both right timing is really important with flaming CS. Is it me or it has less range than in the next installement ? But damn Ivy is so good in this one . Can't wait to play SC 2 HDO.

Thank you to both of you I can now pull it off really easily even with iCS. You were both right timing is really important with flaming CS. Is it me or it has less range than in the next installement ? But damn Ivy is so good in this one . Can't wait to play SC 2 HDO.

Yes.SC2 CS has less range than SC3/SC4 CS and worse tracking.

Original post updated. I'll start to post up more information as it is discovered (or rediscovered shall I say?).

I hate this input lol.

Last edited:
I hate this input lol.

Me too. At least the buffer window is extremely large so I can input it like 37....623...1 A+B.
It's the 37 that trips me the most, I used to play this game on the PS2 on pad but now that I play on stick it's nearly not as bad as i remember it.

I'm pretty sure that I have to look at the controller to do it properly and that doesn't work well lol.

Getting the JF for CS is all about speed. It's still entirely possible to get the JF from the UB cancel, it's just much more difficult since you are adding 3 additional inputs.

If you're having trouble with UB cancelling to switch from sword to whip for CS in one motion, it's much easier to just focus on switching stance then pushing A+K. e.g. 214 > A+K separately, but still very quickly. If you do it correctly, she'll seamlessly stance shift into CS. It may not look as flashy, and possibly takes a few more frames, but that's how I do it.

Back