Ivy player new to 8Way

SorceressSeren

[14] Master
Hey guys, figured I'd say hi. I'm new to 8-Way-Run and hope I can have some fun on here since I absolutely love soul calibur. I main with Ivy, have Soul calibur 2 and 3, hopefully getting four for christmas and five soon after (You know, money issues, no ps3, all that). And... Yeah, I'm here for fun and maybe some more info on the SC universe ^-^

I hate you Ivy. Why must you be so cruel to Pocky Yoshi by having more fans? Where art thou Yoshi fans lie? Lulz. Anyways, Pocky Yoshi says hello and is pleased to meet you. Hope you like it here.

What it do newcomer!!!! the name !Izzyi (Isaiah).
TIP: I main Ivy too so you better watch out!!!!LOL

Hey guys, figured I'd say hi. I'm new to 8-Way-Run and hope I can have some fun on here since I absolutely love soul calibur. I main with Ivy, have Soul calibur 2 and 3, hopefully getting four for christmas and five soon after (You know, money issues, no ps3, all that). And... Yeah, I'm here for fun and maybe some more info on the SC universe ^-^

Hi there, SorceressSeren (very unique name, I like it!) welcome to 8WayRun! There are tons of places on the forums to have fun and talk about anything and everything SoulCalibur. Have you checked out the hottest section on the forums yet? I'm sure you have, but if you haven't, you can check it out here: SoulCaliburV (Multi-Platform).

You should also check the front page frequently as new information is being posted there practically on a daily basis. Great discussions go on there as well so feel free to chime in at your leisure.

Best of luck in getting SC4 for christmas, I will have my fingers crossed for you. I'll also put in a good word to Santa if I see that you're following the rules and all that stuff :P.

You might be interested in seeing if there is a community in or around your area that plays SoulCalibur as this can be an alternative in case your christmas hopes and wishes fall through. These offline communites are as welcoming if not more so as we are on the forums, so check them out if you would like: Regional Matchmaking

Since you are new to the forums, if you're browsing around and you see some information relating to characters moves and move inputs in general and they don't make any sense to you, one of our esteemed moderators created this thread just for you, so use it for reference if you need to: 8WR General Directory and Offline Matchfinder Reception

Besides all that, do you have any questions? Any questions at all? If so, feel free to send me a private message or you can ask here and we will do our best to assist you. I hope you have a great time. Happy posting!

welcome to the 8wayrun family you can officially call yourself an 8wayrunner anyway i KNOW you don't play with nightmare but if you get ever feel the ergeee to play with him the nightmare community of 8wayrun would be glad to help you :D

:sc1vol1: Forever Voldo!!!!
Yes Ivy is a Complicated Character even for me, but with Practice and Great Techniques and understanding her counter hits you could master her or even be Deadly, Her Whip to blade gives her long and short range, I try to attack Ivy as soon as i know she is about to switch her stance, but I back off when i know she's about to go into her Coil Stance just because Voldo can't counter hit when she does her serpent Whip ( Which technically i hate) althought. I just have to be a better observer when using voldo Against Ivy.

:sc1vol1: Forever Voldo!!!!
Yes Ivy is a Complicated Character even for me, but with Practice and Great Techniques and understanding her counter hits you could master her or even be Deadly, Her Whip to blade gives her long and short range, I try to attack Ivy as soon as i know she is about to switch her stance, but I back off when i know she's about to go into her Coil Stance just because Voldo can't counter hit when she does her serpent Whip ( Which technically i hate) althought. I just have to be a better observer when using voldo Against Ivy.

Sucks that I'm stuck in SC3 and have mastered the shit out of her, but when I get 4 and 5, I'm going to be a total nub...
*lecry*

Don't worry, you won't be the only one. Ivy is known from her drastic gameplay change in each SC game, so when SCV comes out, we all are going to be starting from a scratch.

Welcome to 8WR.

Hello SorcSeren, Welcome to the site! Gotta say if there is a single character in 8wayrun who has its own "community" per say of dedicated, knowledgeable and helpful members it would have to be IVY. So, you lucked out!!

If you want to learn her for SCIV those guys (Ring ^^ specially) can give you the detailed ins and outs of her. Im also sure Ivy will be one of the first characters with most of her info out once the game comes out so dont stress about not knowing everything now.

Enjoy the site!!!!

Back