[Jan 30, 2012] Phoenix, AZ Soul Calibur V Launch Tournament (Scottsdale, AZ)

DrDogg

[09] Warrior
The Microsoft Store in Scottsdale is having a SoulCalibur V Launch on Monday, January 30th, 2012. The event will start at 9:00 PM and run until midnight with tournaments and casual play.

Microsoft Store – Scottsdale Fashion Square
- 7014 East Camelback Road Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
- January 30th, 2012
- 9:00 PM until 12:00 AM

Details
- 9:00 PM Registration & Tournament Start
- All games will be played on Xbox 360
- You are welcome (and encouraged) to bring your own controller/pad (we will have Xbox 360 controllers on hand)
- Remember, wireless controllers need to have a play and charge kit plugged in and the batteries removed

Prizes
- 1st Place Winner, a copy of any Xbox 360 game in-stock
- 2nd & 3rd Places, an additional $5.00 off any Pre-Order
- First 50 people in line receive posters

General Rules
- 2/3 games per set, 3/5 rounds per game
- Single Elimination Tournament
- Pausing the game/round at any time results in an immediate loss of a Game for the offending player
- Hardware macros, rapid-fire/turbo or other hardware assisted mechanisms are forbidden and will result in an immediate disqualification

PIZZA?

It is not promised but who knows, it has happened before.

http://www.devastationevent.com/2012/01/26/soulcalibur-v-release-event/

I have never play with a 360 controller before. what the fee?

Fee? The tournament is free. Most of the time at Microsoft Store launch events they have free pizza and drinks as well and give away prizes throughout the night. I can't say for sure if that will happen with SC5 since I'm not running it, but it has happened at most launches.

I'm sure people will have arcade sticks with them, if you've prefer that. There are also converters to use PS2 controllers on the 360. So far, the PS3 is the preferred console for SC5 tournaments, but since this takes place at the Microsoft Store, it has to be run on 360.

Also, if you're a local Phoenix player you should post up in the AZ thread: http://8wayrun.com/threads/arizona-az-fighters-if-there-are-any.9/

I already post something. I probably will make it out. Man I wanted to go to the tempe one in February 11, I am at tempe during the tourney too, but I have to work.

I already post something. I probably will make it out. Man I wanted to go to the tempe one in February 11, I am at tempe during the tourney too, but I have to work.

What time do you work that day? We may be able to get the TO to change the time on SC5.

I have to be at work Tuesday at 6:30 in the morning -- and yet I'm going to try to come out for this. I am going to be regretting life Tuesday. :x

Back