JonTron removed from Yooka-Laylee

It's sad how the very same people who defends freedom of speech gets triggered and tries to censor anyone the very moment they hear some opinion they don't share.

And I'm not even murrican, I'm in Spain, but same happens here, you only have "freedom of speech" as long as you abide to the sanctioned "good vibe" speech, if you go out of there...

It's sad how the very same people who defends freedom of speech gets triggered and tries to censor anyone the very moment they hear some opinion they don't share.

And I'm not even murrican, I'm in Spain, but same happens here, you only have "freedom of speech" as long as you abide to the sanctioned "good vibe" speech, if you go out of there...

The first ammandmenr is often misconstrued to be much broader than it actually is. In reality, it protects the exercise of speech, expression, religion, etc from government censorship: keyword government. If congress made a law saying this Jon guy was barred from voice acting, it would be a free speech violation.

This situation involves a private company and an individual- not the government.

The first ammandmenr is often misconstrued to be much broader than it actually is. In reality, it protects the exercise of speech, expression, religion, etc from government censorship: keyword government. If congress made a law saying this Jon guy was barred from voice acting, it would be a free speech violation.

This situation involves a private company and an individual- not the government.

Correct.

That said, I do feel that those who want to engage in their political civic duty and express their views - however right or wrong they may be - it doesn't feel particularly right to punish or censor someone from doing so even if they express a view that differs from their own. I feel this reinforces issues of echo-chamber politics and draws people who feel disinfranchised together that could lead to more dangerous thinking.

Of course, this is a slippery slope issue I talk about. Where do we draw the line when it comes people using their speech that could lead or inspire violence or other extreme acts?

Back