[Jul 14, 2012] Rocket Punch 3 (Cincinnati, OH)

Sluch

[10] Knight
So not all of us can afford to or have the time to get out to Las Vegas for EVO this year (especially those on the East coast). Instead of sitting at home watching the stream on your computer, I offer this, our third annual tournament and EVO stream viewing event (on a 135" HD screen no less!). EVO live stream is always very hype and a nice way to relax between matches. Most of you already know this, but for those who haven't been out to AL yet, your admission to any tournament at Arcade Legacy includes FREE PLAY on all of the 60+ arcade games and pinballs in the building! For this tournament, I am offering you all the option to come Friday, Saturday and Sunday all for just the normal one day admission price! Main tournaments will only be run on Saturday, but it will cost you no extra to come play all weekend long. $10 covers your entry for all three days. If enough people show up on either Friday or Sunday, we could definitely run some more smaller tournaments.

RESULTS - link posted after the event

When: July 7th, 2012
Doors open at 11am. Registration closes 10 minutes before each game is scheduled to start. The arcade closes when we are done, which should be by 1am

Where:
Arcade Legacy
662 Cincinnati Mills Dr.
Cincinnati, OH 45240
513-874-8766

www.arcadelegacyohio.com for directions and any other info you need

GAMES:
Tournament pot split is 70/20/10 except for the CPS-2 Gauntlet. Pot bonuses for any game that gets more than 40 entrants! Double elimination. Of course this is a BYOC event, but I do have nice sticks and controllers for all systems that are available for anyone to use.

VENUE FEE: $10

Super Street Fighter IV AE2012 (PS3) -- $5 entry (1pm) run by LION'S EYE

CPS-2 Gauntlet featuring MARVEL VS CAPCOM 1, SUPER GEM FIGHTER, SUPER TURBO, SF ALPHA 2, and CYBERBOTS (Arcade) -- $5 entry (1pm)

Skullgirls (PS3) -- $5 entry (2pm)

King of Fighters XIII (XBOX360) -- $5 entry (3pm) run by DRAGO

Mystery Game (various platforms) -- $5 entry (4pm) run by AL

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3) -- $5 entry (5pm) run by NEON GEON

Vampire Savior 2v2 random partner (arcade) -- $5 entry per person (6pm) run by LION'S EYE

Soul Calibur V (PS3) -- $5 entry (6pm) run by SLUCH

Rules: (all games are double elimination and best 2/3 until winners, losers and grand finals which will be 3/5 unless noted)
CPS-2 GAUNTLET - This will be a best 3/5 games. That means you win a single match in MVC1 and that counts as 1 win toward the 3/5. One match for each game until someone gets to three total game wins. The order of the games will be chosen each round by a random drawing.
Vampire Savior 2v2 - Partners will be randomly chosen by drawing before the tournament. This tournament is Waseda style. You will decide beforehand who will be Player A and who will be player B. Player A from one team plays player A from another team, the respective player B's then play. If both players from the same team win, the match is over. If each team has 1 win, the winners will play to determine the winner of the match.
Mystery Game - This will be an all fighting game mystery tournament. Each round will have a different game. It will span all systems as far back as NES up to current gen.
All other games are using standard rule set. No bans.
SETUPS NEEDED. Anyone providing a setup will receive half off venue fee! Free drink if you bring one of the games I need. Post up if you can definitely provide a setup (or two). Priority to those bringing multiple setups.
PS3 with SSFIVAE and SCV - Nathan Shields
PS3 with MvC3 -
PS3 with Skullgirls - Otto
XBOX360 with KOFXIII - DRAGO
XBOX360 with KOFXIII - NEON GEON
Copy of SCV for PS3 - Sluch
RAFFLE!!!!!! There will be some raffle prizes given out on Saturday. Everyone who comes gets a ticket. There will be the option to purchase more for $1 each.

Figured I'd give this a bump. If you can't go to EVO like me due to money constraints or other reasons, RP3 is a pretty sweet deal. If you still wanna get some games in, you wanna save a lot of money on travel expenses that would have racked your wallet from EVO, & if you wanna watch all the EVO action goin on the stream on a huge projection screen at Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati, this will be the place you want to be.

I'll go on ahead & bump this up on the boards again since this tournament is only a few weeks away. Hype Hype Hype!!!

Rocket Punch 3 is tomorrow. I'll see everyone there for some Soul Calibur.

RP3 was a lot of fun yesterday. Good games to Ragnarok, Derrick Legend, AL, Micah_1, The Red Cyclone, Glocky, & King Pyros yesterday in SCV & congrats to Ragnarok for winning the tournament. Some damn good matches going on for sure there.

Back