JumPO/Buff and RO throw set up!!!

FleshMasher

[13] Hero
This is a thread about post jump options 4 Taki.
The buffering during jump is insane. It allows you to:

1. buffer all kinds of 8wayrun moves so they come out as soon as you land.
this is easier if you use the jump direction as first 8wayrun direction input.
like for example in G8 8B to get 88B. (See thread http://www.8wayrun.com/f6/the-8wayjump-t2810/)
It would be a lot more useful if Taki had any low 8wayrun attacks though :P

2. buffer PO and even POR/PO8wayrun. This is generally easy, seems pretty useful.
And i'll call it JumPO!

3. buffer WR and WRS. In this case the directional input for the WRS must not be the same as the
jump direction else you'll get an 8wayrun move. G9 8B+K is variation enough. But G9 2B+K is easier.

4. buffer throws. This is dumb when you jump over the opponent because you will grab in the wrong
direction.

So now what can you do with it?

Mostly to get in a really good position after jumping obvious lows (Taki's own yellow bomb comes to mind...)

Intimidating the opponent by just jumping at him and then do crazy stuff he doesn't expect.

Or take advantage by jumping over a grounded opponent. This was a bit inspired by this thread:

http://www.8wayrun.com/f6/jumping-over-the-opponent-t3033/

The only grounding moves i've found so far that consistently allow you to jump over the opponent
(as long as they don't Ukemi) are:

PO B, HO A(1 hit) and HO B.

After that you can jumPO over him which leaves you in BT PO for a nice mix up of BT PO 8K and BT PO B+K.

After Ho B you gotta be very fast with the JumPO. A tip: Use JumPO B+K, K, so if the PO won't come out you get RWR K.

RO Throw Set Up:
BTW if you jump over him right after PO B and grab(without buffering the throw in the jump) you might get a back throw for RO.
Finally a way to set it up :) or dump this and use Radio5ilence's nice WS Bb A+K and throw him then :]

Have fun!

why not throw in a PO backturned B+K / 8K mix up? or am i missing something? you can also blink a couple of times before doing either option or delay for additional mind-games or choose one on reaction to what the opponent tries to throw out

You missed this: :)
The only grounding moves i've found so far that consistently allow you to jump over the opponent
(as long as they don't Ukemi) are:

PO B, HO A(1 hit) and HO B.

After that you can jumPO over him which leaves you in BT PO for a nice mix up of BT PO 8K and BT PO B+K.

After Ho B you gotta be very fast with the JumPO. A tip: Use JumPO B+K, K, so if the PO won't come out you get RWR K

(BT = Back Turned)

oh.. sorry about that.

thanks for the JumPO tip anyway) it seems like a good surprising and best of all fast option, especially if you buffer the PO option right after 214. hell if it was up to me i'd be in PO all day long )))

really appreciated

Back