Just couldn't put it down!

LeftHandLead

[08] Mercenary
What's the longest you've ever stayed in a room? I went about 250 games one night.. Started at about 12:00AM and didn't leave the room until it was light out.. Crazy night lol..

Photo_101308_002.jpg

Good times!
3dd743c7.gif

Yes, Soul Calibur 4 is really addicting and I love it.

Indeed. Everyday I tell myself, I'm gonna finish MGS4, or level up my characters in Eternal Sonata.. Play some Saints Row, or win some races in Midnight Club... Only to find myself back on Calibur for countless hours. I just can't stop!

Ugh, I cannot stay in a room for that long...
Either I only face total newbies...
Either I face people who destroy me...
Either I face somewhat decent players with decent setups but they don't learn anything from me, so they're immune to my mind games, which makes everything simple, stupid and repetitive...
Or I face someone who's fun to play against, in which case it's nice, but after 10 matches I kinda want to play someone else.

Ugh, I cannot stay in a room for that long...
Either I only face total newbies...
Either I face people who destroy me...
Either I face somewhat decent players with decent setups but they don't learn anything from me, so they're immune to my mind games, which makes everything simple, stupid and repetitive...
Or I face someone who's fun to play against, in which case it's nice, but after 10 matches I kinda want to play someone else.

I hear you man... But I usually have a "No Smoking" rule in my room.. You get smoked, you gotta go. So there was alot of different people in and out. Had fun that night.

It gets addicting if you get a really good winning streak going or (on the flipside) if you start losing against annoying people and you want to keep playing until you have a good match. It's pretty funny how addicted my room mate is to online SC4 even with our subpar connection. I always make sure he plays offline against me though. *insert obligatory offline != online comment*

I always make sure he plays offline against me though. *insert obligatory offline != online comment*

Don't worry. A certain cervy player will do that. But, I think me posting that may discourage him from doing so.

Back OT. I feel ya on this game being addicting. But, I've been addicted since the first game came out. It's just always been my favorite fighting series and I hope this isn't the last one.

holy shit thats a lot of rounds...150+?????? thats deditaction holmes. Im with plume though. After bout 10 rounds or so fighting the same guy, i wanna play someone else to! I think i broke my addiction last night cause i picked up cod5 and its like crack in my veins!! i missed it. But soul calibur will never go away completely for me!!

I hear you man... But I usually have a "No Smoking" rule in my room.. You get smoked, you gotta go. So there was alot of different people in and out. Had fun that night.

im so gonna start telling people that shit when they enter lmao...

but id have to say the most for me was about 110 games in one room... hard to find rooms like that though because at some point or another you get dropped >.<

I never was able to stay in a room that long because I will get booted at the jump or get booted after beasting whoever is in the room. And I never stayed in my room that long to rack up that many wins because after a while you want to fight against different people, but soon I will give that a try. When you are in a room with a bunch of good people, you don't want to stop.

I hate kicking people because I hate getting kicked myself, but I will start using that No Smoking rules for those who get beat down several times.

And COD5 has been like crack to me lately, but I can always go back and pick up SC4. The problem is that games like that keep me from wanting to start up a room which I would like to do more often.

I just hope that Namco continues to support this game.

I hate kicking people because I hate getting kicked myself, but I will start using that No Smoking rules for those who get beat down several times.

Likewise.. I don't like to boot people either, but if you're not atleast 4 bars, or can't hold your own in the room.. You gotta go! Fighting scrubs isn't good... Because you fight at the level of your comp... If you feast on a bunch of bums, then go play a decent guy, you'll have trouble cause you got used to having ur way in fights. But when you fight monsters who make you think on your toes, it keeps you razor sharp.

Things get addictive for me when the lag gets bad and I lose to tardish Kiliks and Maxis. It becomes less of a mission to beat the actual fighter and transforms into an unhealthy obsession to defeat the mighty internet lagbeast. Nothing says "skill" like dancing with an 80 frame disadvantage :-*

Fajita, what does the scouter say about our ping in milliseconds?

im offended by the tardish maxi comment.....just cause i where a helmet and ride the short bus to school and main maxi, doesnt mean i suck!!!

I understand your point, i was just trying to be funny......by the way..................

how many frames a second does sc4 run at?

haha nice, same rules as my rooms when i make public ones :)

i've never stayed that long though lol, ive had a few strings of 20-30 fights but no where near that number :D

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ Lefthandlead.....you are my bestest student :) Im proud of you. Let me know when you ready to take on me again :) I adore your asty

Back