Just Guard Poll

I can honestly do Just Guard...

• Total voters
JG is not hard at all, you have to think you are doing a guard impact, but a little earlier, practice with rhytmic/slow movements first, and about the button input....is just sliding the finger across G, like someone said....like is a very hot metal button ;)............when you get the standing JG, you have to do the same with low ones, but after taping G you need to press down(2) quickly.

No one really seems to be able to do it, it takes all the fun out of the game if only 5% of people playing it can use such an important feature

This...this... shit.... is infuritating to me.

Such an entitled opinion. if I can't do without any effort, then it's bad. Not all games need to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Should they lower the size of the basketball goal, since not everyone can dunk?

My main problem with jG is it's reductionist by it's very nature.

Some moves were designed to be very powerful unless you can jG them... then they are shit. Seems like bad design conceptions to me. Execution barriers which are reductionist are never, EVER good for a game.

Do you really think the game will reach a point where JG is so widespread that certain moves and characters will be useless at high level?

I think that at a major tour a player will come that will JG everything and own all others player for fun... thats how powerfull i can see this JG going to be.

Do you really think the game will reach a point where JG is so widespread that certain moves and characters will be useless at high level?

With SC's track record and easy-mode JG? Absolutely I see that happening. SC is THE game of lame defense techniques making the game boring, ever since SC2.

I can pull it off effortlessly offline. But online is a different matter. The fluctuation in latency doesn't make JGs practical/consistent enough to risk taking the hit, especially against match changing attacks that either launch or stun you.

I have an extremely hard time executing it...
But one day I need to sit my ass down and practice it for HOURS until it becomes muscle memory.

Just guard is too good. I'm not a big fan of parries in third strike. SC just guards do an even better job of destroying the fundamentals, and are safer, easier to do, and can be done on half the move list on reaction.

As much as the netcode has improved compared to the last game, it still has enough delay to make just guarding difficult.

Just guard is really easy to do, even online. Its essentially the same timing as GI'ing in the older games (well a bit stricter, but, not all that much really), you can even do it via a tap of 4G/6G (which you wanted to just tap anyways in the older games to buffer in your post-gi move as fast as possible). And since you can tap G and then hold G, its disgustingly safe to just do it whenever you see your opponent attack.

See, the problem is not the timing of the JG (which is disgustingly easy), but letting go of the G button within the 4 frame window.

In the middle of a fight, at least for me, that is extremely difficult. Perhaps I should try the 4G/6G motion and see if that helps me get in the mindset...

This is particularly true for the 360 pad, where the buttons 0ffer more resistance than the PS pads. For higher level play that doesn't matter much since most people aren't using 360 pads.

This is particularly true for the 360 pad, where the buttons 0ffer more resistance than the PS pads. For higher level play that doesn't matter much since most people aren't using 360 pads.

i do just guards since day 1 on xbox360 pad, ps3 pad and today got my arcade stick soul edition and no problems at all with the just guard.....i think is a matter of how you press the G button

Just guard is super easy once you get a technique down for it. Yesterday on a decent but by no means amazing connection I was able to jG every one of the guy's UB's he was trying to lag me out with on reaction. Considering you have to let go of G anyways you can let go of guard and put yourself in one of two mindsets depending on what you see. If they stop a canned string take your advantage, if you see them continue just do a jG. It really does make a lot of moves worthless.

Just guard is super easy once you get a technique down for it. Yesterday on a decent but by no means amazing connection I was able to jG every one of the guy's UB's he was trying to lag me out with on reaction. Considering you have to let go of G anyways you can let go of guard and put yourself in one of two mindsets depending on what you see. If they stop a canned string take your advantage, if you see them continue just do a jG. It really does make a lot of moves worthless.

yeah very good against UB's like ivy one when corners you against a wall...in zwei video thread i put a fight from my zwei just guarding ivy UB 6A+B online, not hard at all

i can't just guard because i havent practiced it enough. im sure its just like parrying in 3s that all you need is some practice

Back