Just Guarding mapping for Pad Warriors (like a god damn pro)

I don't mean to be vulgar, but how about you fuck off? (see what i did there?)

This is what you devolve to? That's brilliant.

I'm glad I'm not cursed with the problem of seeing everything on the internet as a personal insult to myself. How about you consider the people you are trying to give all of this amazing advice to and the opinions that others have? $60 is cheap for a stick. Don't waste $60 on a cheap stick. The statement has nothing to do with your own personal issues of self worth.

Calm down, good sir.

Back on topic...

I have another "G" button on my L2 trigger. I figured a lot of players already figured this easy route to try and master JG.

Also, Claw style is played because a lot of old school players came from arcade. To be honest, majority of the time I see someone use claw style, it's because they don't have a stick, when they're frequent with one.

This is what you devolve to? That's brilliant.

I'm glad I'm not cursed with the problem of seeing everything on the internet as a personal insult to myself. How about you consider the people you are trying to give all of this amazing advice to and the opinions that others have? $60 is cheap for a stick. Don't waste $60 on a cheap stick. The statement has nothing to do with your own personal issues of self worth.

Calm down, good sir.

Nah, you're just the type who has to go out of his way to personally insult someone before every post so you can appear that much smarter when you give your "amazing advice". Hell look, "This is what you devolve to? That's brilliant."

You did it again. I think it's actually become a personal routine for you, regardless of what you have to say in a thread, to be a jackass right off the bat. I'll listen to any advice you say that makes sense, jackass or not. But you're still a jackass.

Back on topic...

I have another "G" button on my L2 trigger. I figured a lot of players already figured this easy route to try and master JG.

Also, Claw style is played because a lot of old school players came from arcade. To be honest, majority of the time I see someone use claw style, it's because they don't have a stick, when they're frequent with one.

Smart man on the L2 thing, but you'd be surprised how often it just doesn't occur to someone to try that.

As for claw, that's kinda my experience too. The newer people coming into the FGC that I've known who don't want to use stick traditionally also do not use claw. They do just fine.

I'll try this in reverse order.

Calm down, good sir.

Don't take personal offense to everything. Things that absolutely shouldn't phase you apparently have you in rage mode. I didn't ask if you were 12 to somehow insult your intelligence or something (which wouldn't make any rational sense, anyway) but rather to gauge when you started playing games. Claw has been around since SC2 and was pretty dominant throughout the lifestyle of that game *and* Tekken. Even some DOA players (very few, but some) would play claw because they were accustomed to other 3D fighters like Virtua Fighter, Tekken and Soul Calibur. If you were older than 12, you would know that. If you're older than 12 and don't know that.... well, to be honest, you shouldn't be giving people advice on the definitive way to just guard or telling them that $60 sticks are fine. :\

To be on topic, there's really no reason to bind a single button input to a trigger. 360 buttons are raised which allows for a bit of a light touch, but they're harder to press than PS controllers. You might want to use a trigger or bumper - I suggest the bumper since triggers aren't as mechanically sound and consistent. PS controllers have inset buttons that can allow you to scrape the edges. They are also a little less resistant to presses than 360 controllers.

OBSF30s that you find in most arcade sticks are very easy to JG. Hori buttons you find in a cheap < $60 stick are a lost cause. While not impossible to JG with, it's simply not going to be as consistent. Besides, sub $60 sticks will just wear out very quickly over time.

You cannot tell someone "I saw someone use a pad and they're fine, so you will be, too". It's all a matter of preference and can hurt or help an individual depending on their personal preference and choice of characters. Even subtle things that don't effect other people - you might find 236236A+B+K motions easier on a pad with characters like Nightmare and Poe. Done too slow, you'll end up with Grim Slide or Nemesis Steps. Alternately, anyone accustomed to playing on a stick in a 2D fighter can belt out the CE motion faster than the average pad user and isn't affected by it. In other news, I've seen people fall off of two story buildings without a scratch - I'd like you to try it since my perception is that it won't hurt you.

So there you are. Verbose reasons why I don't personally agree with your advice and that you should not "sell it" as definitive answers.

Now for the part I'm doing in reverse. Here's the random personal attack that you're going to take to heart:
Stop attempting to teach and interest yourself more in the exchange. You will learn something.
If you've already created a prejudice of jackass for exchanges from me, why do they motivate you to counter rage them? That's really dumb.

Even some DOA players (very few, but some) would play claw because they were accustomed to other 3D fighters like Virtua Fighter, Tekken and Soul Calibur. If you were older than 12, you would know that. If you're older than 12 and don't know that.... well, to be honest, you shouldn't be giving people advice on the definitive way to just guard or telling them that $60 sticks are fine. :\

Or perhaps I'm older than 12, have been around other competitive communities enough to have some insight into how people are playing, and simply didn't take up soul calibur seriously until about SC4. And if my advice is so terrible, people simply won't use it. It seems as though it's working for a lot of other people based on the comments I've been receiving though, so you can take your grizzled arcade veteran supremacist attitude and shove it up your ass. You don't know everything, deal with it.

Stop attempting to teach and interest yourself more in the exchange.

And what exactly are you doing then? Since you came in here you've done nothing but preach and act like a jackass. When I want knowledge, I look for it or I ask. When I discover something beneficial, I'm not the type to hoard a secret to my grave. That's why I made the thread. And I'll still do whatever is necessary to win, but thankfully kissing your ass is not a requirement for that to happen.

So there you are. Verbose reasons why I don't personally agree with your advice and that you should not "sell it" as definitive answers.

And yet here you are selling yours, which I also disagree with due to the fact the shoulder buttons still click on perfectly new controllers. Clicking means sticking, sticking means you got more frames then you payed for. And above all, I've already practiced with both methods and found mine far more consistent. So I have reason, and I have results. Thus I share my answer! Woe is me for trying to be helpful, jackass.

If your way works for you, as i said, more power to you. I don't recommend it.

If you've already created a prejudice of jackass for exchanges from me, why do they motivate you to counter rage them? That's really dumb.

Probably because you're a disrespectful asshole from an age when disrespectful assholes were considered valuable members of a community.

And probably because I could take your money without trying. Just because you claim to have knowledge doesn't mean you know how to apply it worth a damn.

And I'm 24. Thanks for asking before you made such broad assumptions about myself.

Now I'm going to stop this bullshit right here. Where are you from, and what tournaments do you plan to be at this year? Because for someone who's acting like he knows everything and no one else even has the right to speak, I have to see it for myself.

Stop being so self-centered. I'm certainly not expressing that I know everything, but you're giving me the opportunity to prove I do. There's a difference. It's a bit like me telling a trained medical professional that spit heals everything.

Claw is claw. It's been there for a long time and your statement of "there's always one of you with the arcade grip" to a huge community that has many people using it.... is just ignorant. Accept that you made that stupid ass statement and stop fighting me in every thread on the forum.

The arcade supremacist attitude you're somehow interpreting doesn't really exist. You're trying to shift the focus from your own shortcomings into something this never was.

Calm down, good sir. Calm down.

The Noobness in this thread is unparalleled...

Why map Triggers to G. When you can just TAP G. Why would it make a difference which button you press. All thats required is a CORRECTLY TIMED G PRESS.

As for Claw, yea thats like one of the sloppiest ways to play. If your thumb isn't big enough to hit A+B or B+K you're a tiny Newb.

B+G A+K A+B+K are the only buttons that need to be mapped.

If you don't understand JG now, you never will.

Claw is claw. It's been there for a long time and your statement of "there's always one of you with the arcade grip" to a huge community that has many people using it.... is just ignorant. Accept that you made that stupid ass statement and stop fighting me in every thread on the forum.

Sounds to me like you took personal offense when I called it arcade grip. I don't need think I'm the one who needs to calm down.

The Noobness in this thread is unparalleled...

Why map Triggers to G. When you can just TAP G. Why would it make a difference which button you press. All thats required is a CORRECTLY TIMED G PRESS.

Actually it isn't. It's a correctly timed G press that is also correctly released within 4 frames. I have already explained why this is more difficult on the default button. I JG quite well so no worries.

This actually worked for me really well, thank you.

No problemo, glad its working out for you.

In my case i am totally able to just guard when i use my index finger to tap g (in pseudo claw position) but i am not able to do it with my thumb, so the 4 frames are indeed too short for most pad players for thumb input. I wonder if raising the window to 5 frames would help (all stick players will probably yell at me for even thinking about that.)

Back