[Kansas] SC4 players out there!?

Hey, I recently moved to Kansas City and just started looking for tourney scenes. Though it doesn't seem we have much in the way of competitive fighting games. I saw the previous post about a tourney in Tulsa though unfortunately I have previously arranged engagements :'( But I agree we do need to start something in the Kansas City and surrounding area!

Hey, I recently moved to Kansas City and just started looking for tourney scenes. Though it doesn't seem we have much in the way of competitive fighting games. I saw the previous post about a tourney in Tulsa though unfortunately I have previously arranged engagements :'( But I agree we do need to start something in the Kansas City and surrounding area!
KC has a great fighting game community, it's just the majority of us post on shoryuken. We also have a monthly tournament called "Max Out" where lots of fighting games from SF to KOF to Tekken and including SC5( when it comes out) are played. Btw I'll be playing Omega Pyrrha.

That's pretty awesome, there needs to be a community in Wichita though. It's the biggest city in Kansas but there's nothing here! ):

KC fight scene is great, but it's pretty much Capcom or bust. They'll support a new game for a while but after a couple months most will drop and go back to playing nothing but Marvel/SF. Then you'll be playing the same 5 people, if you're lucky, in the monthly tourneys over and over. So, if you like Capcom you're golden. If you don't, well, at least you'll have a few people to play with offline.

It's not the quantity of players but quality of players that is important. In the tekken kc scene there has always been around 4 people that play, but yet all 4 of us will go to majors and do very good....why? Simple, we love the game. So we are willing to do what it takes to get good at it.

Is there anyone else hiding in Lawrence? It feels like I'm just playing folks in NY or Cali online all night and I need some face to face trash talking

sorry havent been on here forever even forgot my name and had to make a new 1. We have a group about 100 people on fb and a active thread for wichita on srk. .We just had our bi-weekly yest and a monthly ever 2nd Sat. Mostly the group plays SSF4 and UMvC3 with about 6 of us really taking SC serious. Also we have about 16 people riding down to Tulsa next week. I think its just me n 2 others playing SC tho

http://www.facebook.com/groups/129209053830689/
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/wichita-ks-pass-the-salt-please-we-are-in-there.57738/

Damn, Wichita is a little far for me to make on a regular basis. Methinks I'll have to start a group up here.

We do have a few who come from out of town to the month's. We also try to go to KC if our dates dont cross up. As of now KC going to be your best bet Justalex. There are a few guys in Lawrence but i think they play mostly SSF4.

Damn, Wichita is a little far for me to make on a regular basis. Methinks I'll have to start a group up here.
I live in Lawrence. Just a kid with no tourney experience wanting some offline action. Know anyone else?
Edit: Jesus Christ whenever the lag in online ranked matches messes up my CH combos I go insane.

we are going down n back Sat. But being in Lawrence i could see it being longer for yah lol. I know the KC guys are making a weekend trip out of it

Trust me if you want to find players they're out there. I drive from Manhattan to Wichita just to play. I don't go to the bi weeklys but I do make their monthly tournaments.

Back