Kilik strategy guide

Raidenwins

[08] Mercenary
I am thinking of making a Kilik strategy guide, sort of like a compilation of all the tips and tricks that people have posted here plus my own observations. I don't want to hassle with asking permission from every one individually so this goes to anybody that has given Kilik strategies: do I have permission to include your stuff in my strategy guide? Of course, credit will be given to you.

I think this will be useful for everybody in the community who is trying to learn to play Kilik correctly. I mean, it's one thing to have bits and pieces of information here and there and another to have it all in one place nicely formatted and easily accessible. When the strategy guide is finished I will make it available on GameFAQS and this site.

The Kilik strategy guide

is it going to be like a walkthru on how to win a round?

will it have char. specific strats for every char?

Sounds like a long and arduous task for just one man...

The Kilik strategy guide

B&B (Moves that should be used quite often)
-6B8: on CH I think 46B is guaranteed, CH 66B_3K (for TC interrupt); CH 1K (for 2A interrupt).
-2A: Instant TC
-1A: Instant TC
-66B: On NH it’s actually -1, and as you all know on CH you get the sweet looking AT shift.
-1K: -1 on NH and should be +1 for CH (still not sure); TJ
-A+K: -5 on block, +2 on NH, dont know for CH.
-2K: -1 for NH (unlike most chars whose 2K is neg on hit) and +2 on CH.
-MO A: getting this nets you 46B, 6AAA (that's his guaranteed damage)
-MO A+G/B+G: Fastest input = i13 throw with RO setups.
-3A: Tracks step at a good range (forgot which side)
-22AB: Kills step, 22A is safe and the B follow-up is free on CH
-1B: on CH you can get 3BB/22B/66KKB
-6B: Basic long range mid poke.
-2B: Safe, puts YOU into FC for FC/WS mix-ups.
-1_3A+B: 3A+B gives good oki. 1A+B for reverse RO.
- 4A+B is Kilik new best MID, you can hit confirm hit for 70pts damage 4A+B B B or just wait and it's safe indeed! Also hit grounded and tracks even if they roll!
-WS B: Cant believe I missed this on the first go through. lol. Anyway, you all know by know. Punishes lows, tracks (forget to which side) and evades just a bit. 66B AT free right after, 6B+K follow-up for better damage if you think you wont get the AT.

Moves to be used sparingly
-11A: Long range low that kills step but is unsafe
-11B: On NH, you can do 2[B+K] for MO mixups or BB or even do BP B for soul gauge damage.
-6AAA: High that kills step with great damage on CH, but the last hit can be blocked on NH, so watch it.
-BB: Linear but they're both mids.
-4: Good for long range punish, unsafe
-22_88B: Good long range launcher, but unsafe so be careful.
-46B: If you get the CH for this move you'll get a free 6AAA
-22K~B: The low is safe and if you're good at CH hunting, then the B follow-up is free.
-44K: Forces FC on your opponent, KD's on hit, safe
-4A: Hits high, TC's, side-steps and reverse RO's.
- 66AA: Better than its SC3 version, has longer range and does more damage. However because of the fact that its high/low, you'll need to know how to space to move as to not get punished.
Grounded A+K: Hits low but unsafe, but if used carefully, you'll force your opponent to think twice before running after you when you're KD.

Wakeup Game Post CH 66B :
- Rolling to Kilik's Left: do 1A+B
- Waiting on the ground: do 2A+B
- 2K will hit in all 3 situations.
- 6B2: Hits people who sit still/get straight up and dont block low
- 4B: Hits back rollers
- 88K: Will hit if they stay still and if they tech, the B follow-up is guaranteed.

22_88K (hit):
-> 46B CH (if they attack, frame trap)
-> 66B CH crouch attack (if they anticipate 44B)
-> 22B launch crouch guard (if they wait for your 44B to whiff)
-> 3A+B_1A+B throw stand guard (if they catch onto the frame trap)
-> 22AB_22AAA (if they step)

22_88K (block):
-> follow up B (if they try to interrupt)
-> you're safe but at disadvantage if they wait to block your follow up

Wake up
Now, if it turns out that whoever you're playing is blocking all your post 66B/throw options then you can throw B~G into the mix. Now with B~G this causes your opponent to second guess what they want to do. At this point they'll want to stand so you can do a few things.

- iWS B
- MO A/B throw or normal throw
- 1_3A+B
- 2B
- 2A

I consider these to be Kilik's best options. Why? WS B is obvious. MO A/B throw nets good damage/spacing. 1A+B gives you space, 3A+B gives you the same mix-up. 2B will set up the illusion that its just a normal B and you'll interrupt their step/attack with your FC option. 2A gives advantage for whatever.

Miscellaneous
- Oppenent can't tech after 66B AT and A+G throw

All this stuff is from the old SC3 Kilik guide I made and made the appropriate changes. If anything is obvious that I havent put here then someone please say so and I'll go ahead with the proper fixes.

The Kilik strategy guide

is it going to be like a walkthru on how to win a round?

will it have char. specific strats for every char?

Sounds like a long and arduous task for just one man...

Yes, it's going to be all those things. It'll include:

1. Kilik bio
2. General Kilik strategies
3. Kilik combos
4. Best tools and tools for specific situations
5. Anti-chars strategies.

I've done it before (for Raiden in MK: Deadly Alliance and MK: Deception) so it won't be that bad. I'll keep track of versions as I am adding new stuff. I'll probably start work over the weekend.

Well the thing is that there's a combo section and anti-character strats already.

If nothing else this guild will be something that everyone can use.

So pretty much the format I've used for the guild is suitable. Oh and I'll explain anything that needs to be explained.

Firx for your guide SC3 -> SC4

- 6b8 is no more a "trap" on block, at SC3 it was like -3 on block, now its -8. So you can't use it now on blockstun trap.
- A+K is a lot better => -5 on block
- 88KB is never garanted if the opponent stay done and don't try to tech second hit.
- same case for BB.
- 4A+B is Kilik new best MID, you can hit confirm hit for 70pts damage 4A+B B B or just wait and it's safe indeed! Also hit ground and track even if they roll!
- 2B is great yes!
- Mo A is VERY VERY good compared to Soul3. -6 on block, combo or mixup on hit and delayable
- 88B is now very unsafe don't use it unless on whiff punish.
- 66AA is a lot better now
- Oppenent can't tech after 66B AT and A+G throw
- Also 88K frame trap is less good than SC3, now you can generaly more for WS A.
- 6B is very toned down a very bad move now, hard to use now.

Ok made the changes Hayate.

Again if anyone else thinks anything should be added, taken away just let me know.

Started work on the Kilik strategy guide. I anticipate to have the initial version ready within 1-2 weeks.

Back