Krimson Kaspers' 49

KrimsonKasper

[10] Knight
Hey Guys I decided to post my CaS after all this time. I did it once a long time ago, and have really worked on my game since. I believe this is 49 of my current 50. (Number 50 is a work in progress now).

Edit: Apologies for the spolier not functioning properly, will try to get the thread looking pretty tomorrow.

Let me know what you guys think, if you find anything you don't like, or love let me know. I'll never get better if you don't tell me how!

Starting In reverse alpha

I feel the screenshots don't do my CaS justice in some cases. My PsN is KrimsonKasper, while I'm not good at the game I'm more then happy to play people just to show of CaS :D
Xaladin
Xaladin2.png
Xaladin1.png

Winslow
Winslow.png

Warboss Krimson
Warboss2.png
Warboss1.png

Vonroy
SOULCALIBUR_46-1.png
SOULCALIBUR_45-1.png
vonroy.png

Vexen
Vexen2.png

Vexen1.png

Valkyrie
Valkyrie3.png

Valkyrie2.png

Valkyrie1.png

Ty
ty.png

Ty3.png

Tombstone
tombstone2.png
tombstone1.png

Tinman
Tinman.png

Midas
Midas2.png
Midas1.png

Maniac
Maniac.png

Leoric
Leoric2.png
Leoric1.png

LeAsulle
LeAsurlle1.png
LeAsurlle6.png

Leander
leander.png

Krimson
Krimson.png

Krajaxis
Krajaxis.png

Kasper
kasper.png

Janna
janna2.png
janna1.png

Jackal
Jackal1.png
Jackal2.png

Hope
Hope1.png
Hope2.png

Your creations look amazing. Excellent choice of colors. However, I think you've got way too much of the OMFG EVIL BADASS ARMOR!1!!!1! stuff, try to add a little more variety. You've got some neat concepts going on though, I really like these as individual characters.

Thanks mate. I only ever look at them as individual characters; but I can see what you're saying. I was starting another account on my Ps3 soon, and was going to try a lot of new things for fighters; I'll try to not go so hard on armor styles.

Many of them could use some work, but I can't deny all the hard work put in all of these CAS. Even I can't make that many. Despite some CAS looking very similar and/or looking meh, I really hope these trials and errors can help you make better ones. Please keep on sharing.

Hey guys, just got a few more to share, updates etc.

New Faces - A few new souls from my last post

Bastion -

Bashton2.png

Bashton1.png

BunnyGirl - Not sure what to name her.

Bunny3.png

Bunny1.png

Capt. BlueJack

BlueJack.png

Old Fox (Name pending)

OldFox1.png

OldFox2.png

Tinman
Baron1.png

Baron2.png

Baron3.png

Cait
Not sure if the sticker or the heart object works better for her dress.
Cait1-1.png

Cait3.png

Cait2-1.png

Dragaur
Draguan.png

FishBait
Fishbait-1.png

Krajaxis
After seeing Matty's "Reaper" I feel Krajaxis needs to be reworked again, but I enjoyed where he is at now.
Krajaxis2.png
Krajaxis1.png

Krimson
Krimson1.png
Krimson2.png

Rose
Rose1-1.png
Rose2-1.png

Rouge
Rouge1-1.png
Rouge2-1.png

Ty
Ty-1.png

Those are interesting creations, you have a good technique, and there is obviously a lot of work, creativity and attention to detail to them...but upon seeing most of them i felt no emotion, partly because some of the design are bland and generic, but mostly because i could not feel the theme behind it...Also some of the patterns are a bit distracting, because they either don't fit together, or are oversized or could be better positioned...

The color work isn't very pleasant to the eye either, too bright or the colors don't work very well together, try to match more of them together, tone the hue down a couple of notches, and work a bit more with gradients (pattern 1) to add some sense of depth.
Rouge update for instance is already much better than the original, but i'd say the one that works best with colors and overall feel is your Freiya (nice match of face paint and body/armour).
Your Bastion i like too, because all the parts and colors work fairly well together.

In a nutshell, only parts of every CAS appeals to me and are well done but i don't see where you are headed...
My advice would be to start by focusing on what you want to achieve, the theme (cute/freaky, modern, antic, anthros or human, 3P or original, ideas based on unique weapons or styles, or in-game stances etc.)

I hope you won't mind me saying you have a lot to improve on, but you surely know your way around the editor, have all the parts available (or so it seems), so i am sure you can produce less patchworky CAS (again, those two i mentioned are good !)

A good start, from a competent soul ;o)

If you had the time, could you give me more specific examples of the colors you don't like; or themes you're not feeling? I obviously am biased on the subject.

Another wave of updates before bed.

Blue Jack - I gave him a complete overhaul. I was not feeling the minute man look at all. The lightweight guard is a lot more fitting. I enjoy how his mask came out, and matches the helm well. The gun below his arm amazingly doesn't clip at all either; most of the style's poses leave the arm above it.

BlueJack2.png

BlueJack1.png

Puck - I made her colors mesh better; the brown /red / black was a bit to sloppy, even for a character i was trying to make look misfitted. I kept the hat patched together, and changed the neck tie up a little bit to keep the punk feel. I also changed the jetpack up to look less bulky.
Puck1-1.png
Puck2-1.png
Puck3-1.png
Puck4-1.png

Winslow - My Elven berserker, I gave him a bit of a color update, and rolled the helm ornament to look like spikes put through his mask. I also added the blade to one of his Knees.
Winslow2.png
Winslow1.png

Tombstone - I gave her a bit of an update as well. I moved the arrows around a bit. I also did not like how the blood on her underarmor was pink; so i took it off to allow the blood to be red. I also wanted to try her with "living" skin, but I still feel green is the way to go.
Tombstone3-1.png
Tombstone2-1.png
Tombstone1-1.png

Sinclair - Sinclair is an interesting character. She was my first soul made in SCV, and I made her at first look like tomb raider in a trench coat. I then dressed her up in a full gown. Now she has a bit of armor. I touched up the last recreation of her by changing up her "throat" cover, and a bit of colors / hairstyle. (Ill have a better picture up tomorrow, she didnt pose well)
Sinclair1-1.png
Sinclair2-1.png

Mortred - My take on a plague doctor meet witch hunter; Mortred got a new hat, new weapons, a color update, and a creepy face painted on her mask.
Mortred2-1.png
Mortred1-1.png

Hope - Hope was one of my hands down favorites in SCIV; and i've attempted to catch her feel from scIV again. I added on a skirt, changed up the shoulders and removed a sticker on the mask (there was one behind the cat face) New gloves as well.
Hope3.png
Hope2-1.png
Hope1-1.png

Freyjia - I "thinned" her up a bit, by dropping the guardains belt. I then worked on the scales for her armor, and used a sticker to make her dress look like 2 sections. I also added in the ornament around her horns to give her a more royal feel.
Freyjia1-1.png
Freyjia2-1.png

FishBait - I felt the steel helm was still to noticeable between him and Beatrix so I changed it up for the leviathan helm. From the name to the look, I felt it fit a lot better; gave that sea creature look. To keep the helm interesting from the lack of stickers, I added in the fish hook that snagged him.
Fishbait2-1.png
Fishbait1-1.png

Dreadnought - The golem of my roster, I had to give the eyes a more robotic look. It didn't turn out to bad, but I might switch back to the glowing eyes. I'm running with it for now.
Dreadnaught.png

Back