Kristof's Classic Cartoon CaS'

Kristof

[08] Mercenary
been a while since i posted here, i usually post my originals over at http://asoh.wikidot.com/. i've always been a fan of classic cartoons from the 70s, 80s, and 90s so i've recently started making cameos of classic cartoon characters so i thought i share them. feel free to share any ideas for other characters or suggestions for improvement. i may do some male characters if the mood strikes me.

Teela, from Masters of the Universe

She-Ra, from Princess of Power

Princess Ariel, from Thundarr the Barbarian

the Baroness, from G.I. Joe

Tula, from the Pirates of Dark Water

Nefertina, from Mummies Alive

Ah, I've seen your work on ASOH before! These recreations are, for the most part, competent. I'd definitely bling them out with some bump-mapped stickers (as you did to some extent for the Baroness) and special equipment though. Judging by your ASOH page, I'd have to say that originals are your strong suit. Certain characters of yours, particularly Vimana, left impressions strong enough that I remembered them months later. If you do start a separate thread for your originals, I'll be sure to write up some reviews. Anyways, best of luck!

That cat necklace is an absolutely lovely find that i never saw before...Try to work on texturing patterning / stickering your clothe to give them a more unique touch, because the ground design and colors is good.

My Fave is Teela, a beautiful and coherent design across the board

Hi Kristof! nice CaS you have!

check out my Taki and Cassandra CaS in my thread- http://8wayrun.com/threads/tirarules-cameo-cas.16212/page-8#post-663540

thanks, yeah i saw your thread, they look great.

Ah, I've seen your work on ASOH before! These recreations are, for the most part, competent. I'd definitely bling them out with some bump-mapped stickers (as you did to some extent for the Baroness) and special equipment though. Judging by your ASOH page, I'd have to say that originals are your strong suit. Certain characters of yours, particularly Vimana, left impressions strong enough that I remembered them months later. If you do start a separate thread for your originals, I'll be sure to write up some reviews. Anyways, best of luck!

thanks. i know they aren't very detailed but i was going for their original look. they were fairly simple designs due to the limits of animation at the time, especially the shows that were done by the infamous Filmation Studios. yeah i usually just make originals, but this was an itch i had to scratch. i have a thread i started a ways back, but i haven't updated it for some time. as you can see on asoh, i have quite a few originals. i'll see if i can dig up my old thread or maybe just start a new one.

That cat necklace is an absolutely lovely find that i never saw before...Try to work on texturing patterning / stickering your clothe to give them a more unique touch, because the ground design and colors is good.

My Fave is Teela, a beautiful and coherent design across the board

thanks. like i replied to brucege i kept them simple to match their original designs. i may do an updated version of some of them just for kicks.

Your recreations are simple, but they have potential. That aside....

Hexidecimal from Reboot?! It's been ages that I forgot how the show went. I remember some guy saying stuff to a thing called glitch and it'd do stuff. I remember some kid I think named Enzo and some lady called Dot from Dot's Diner. My memory is hazy, but good times.

Kristof- i have to admit it, i like Hexdecimal from Reboot. so can you do her Sprite form?

115px-WHITE_QUEEN_HEX.jpg

Welp, going to have to make Hexadecimal and Taarna. I loved those growing up. ReBoot and Heavy Metal, and Wizards...all have good inspiration.
Have a Megabyte using Nightmare moves.
Classic cartoons to me is Looney Tunes. I missed out on most of the 70's and 80's stuff...
I grew up in the 90's and 00's. So Nicktoons and Cartoon Network stuff is what i'd think of.

Also Disney stuff...i'm super inspired n.n

It'd be nice to see Voltron, He-Man, Lion-o, Thundarr, and the Herculoids. Lol.
I just started on sc5 so i have a long way until i unlock stuff, i'm keeping this stuff in mind to try out for myelf.

Your recreations are simple, but they have potential. That aside....

Hexidecimal from Reboot?! It's been ages that I forgot how the show went. I remember some guy saying stuff to a thing called glitch and it'd do stuff. I remember some kid I think named Enzo and some lady called Dot from Dot's Diner. My memory is hazy, but good times.
thats it all right, the CGI was top of the line at the time.

Welp, going to have to make Hexadecimal and Taarna. I loved those growing up. ReBoot and Heavy Metal, and Wizards...all have good inspiration.
Have a Megabyte using Nightmare moves.
Classic cartoons to me is Looney Tunes. I missed out on most of the 70's and 80's stuff...
I grew up in the 90's and 00's. So Nicktoons and Cartoon Network stuff is what i'd think of.

Also Disney stuff...i'm super inspired n.n
i wouldn't know where to start on Megabyte, his face would be a real challenge. i was kinda thinking of making characters from Wizards, and maybe from Fire and Ice also.

Looks nice but what style your Rainbow Brite use? Better be Siegfried.
i really didnt have a style in mind, i just made the outfit, i dont know what would be a good match as i said i'm not to familiar with that show.

It'd be nice to see Voltron, He-Man, Lion-o, Thundarr, and the Herculoids. Lol.
I just started on sc5 so i have a long way until i unlock stuff, i'm keeping this stuff in mind to try out for myelf.
i'm working on a Thundarr atm, i've tried He-Man and Liono but haven't came up with anything that i liked. i wouldnt know where to start to make a Voltron. I completely forgot about the Herculoids.

For Voltron I thought about the Tiger Mask and that Metal Opera Mask.
I still need to unlock stuff (I literally just got the game last night)

Fighting style...Mitsu or Siegfried. (maybe Nightmare ?)

Back