Kumite in Tennessee: The Revival - Mick & Jio's Farewell

CodEZ

[08] Mercenary
More will be posted this week as we finalize the details. This will be a Soul Calibur 4 & Tekken 5:DR tournament in Nashville, TN. It will be a going away celebration for two long time KiT members Mick & jio.

This will most likely be your only shot to get at Mick before he goes on his 1 year tour of duty. It's time to put up or shut up as you try to silence the living legend.

**UPDATE** Tekken 6 will be playable at KiT:R! It looks like it will be 75c per play/continue at this point. There may be a side tourney or something fun (depending on time), but it will mostly be a time filler. Please remember if you are trying to fit games in between matches you may be asked to get off the machine. Tourney matches take priority.
**/UPDATE**

Venue:
Game Galaxy (Formerly Tilt by the Food Court)
Hickory Hollow Mall
5252 Hickory Hollow Parkway
Suite 2005
Antioch, TN 37013

Venue Fee: $5
Date: Saturday, November 15, 2008
Time: Signups start at 11:00 AM

Games:
Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) to start promptly at 1:00 PM
Tekken 5: DR (PS3) to start promptly at 3:00 PM

Entry fee is $10 per game. The pot will be split 70/20/10.

All tournaments will be run as standard double elimination, best 2/3 matches. Winner's and Loser's finals 3/5 matches and Grand Finals 4/7 matches. Winner cannot change character for any game. All controllers and sticks must be wired. Please remember to turn off your PS3 controllers after you finish your match!!

Soul Calibur 4 Rules:
-3/5 rounds 60 seconds
-No console specific (Vader) or bonus characters (upper right corner)
-If you pause the game by accident, you automatically forfeit that round, unless the opponent wishes to continue the round
-Only the loser of the fight gets to change characters, if desired. The winner of the first fight will not be allowed to switch.
-Stage is random unless one is agreed upon by participants
-Default HP/Soul Gauge
-Known glitches & infinites are banned (Ivy's WS B)

Tekken 5: DR Rules:
-3/5 rounds 60 seconds
-Jinpachi is banned
-No Macro bindings

As always, full details will also be posted on http://kitrevival.com

[11/15/2008] KiT:R - Mick & Jio's Farewell - Antioch, TN

It's been forever since I've seen either of those guys. Mick is going on a tour of duty but where's Jio going? I may be out of the country when this goes down, but once I know for sure I'll see if I can plan on making this. Not much of a SC player but it would be nice to hook up with those two again.

Mick will be in Afghanistan (sp?) for a year and Jio is moving to Cali... so it's more of a farewell from TN for him :)

I haven't seen the DrDogg name in a good minute either :P

No idea if I can make this, but it's been too long since I've chilled with Mick. I assume Rob and the rest of the ATL crew would be attending as well?

BTW, http://kitrevival.com/content/ hasn't loaded for me in a few days.

Has anyone else had that problem? I just opened it in IE, FF, and Chrome..

Man I need to get in some practice games with someone before this... LoL I swear if I had played one REAL versus match before that last tourney I'm sorry but I would have beat you all... You guys have the good fortune of playing with each other or at least someone on real time on a regular basis... I on the other hand have the computer and online... but imma see if mick wants to practice this weekend since he lives close and you guys never offer to invite me :( lol for real hit me up sometime maybe I can come practice somewhere somehow... and this will be version 1.03 correct??

there are different versions? lol... no one really plays that's why you don't get invites (the guys from knoxville that won play.. but ya... knoxville)

Yea ?? different versions... lol are you playing dumb? Oh well, I will find someone to practice with... Supposed to call mick today and see if he wants to practice so maybe you can come up and practice with us if you want/can...

It will be the latest released online patch from the PS3.

Charlie and I haven't played the game since the last tournament, so that's why he doesnt know about the patch (and I've only read about it). Still, that won't keep me from dominating that Yoshimitsu yet again!

I have no interest in practicing :)

It will be the latest released online patch from the PS3.

Charlie and I haven't played the game since the last tournament, so that's why he doesnt know about the patch (and I've only read about it). Still, that won't keep me from dominating that Yoshimitsu yet again!

Its ok I'm practicing with Mick next week so I'll have someone to finally get some matches in with... LoL and we will see about that sophy ;) Long as I dont have to sit in some shitty bar stool with my stick barly sitting on my lap I think things will be different ;) Specially once I get used to real time play... In japan its funny I would have romped on guys like your crew all day, now you actually give me a challenge cause there is no competition anywhere near me ;) it will be fun this time haha I'll see you there! Vandy if you ever have some practice sessions maybe i can make the trip if you got room for one more... I'm alot better than what was shown at that tournament...

We have KDX v2 up in this piece

You got problems.... lol

I sure wish I would have delusions about my skill in a game, complain about it online, and then reminisce about the days I may or may not have actually beat up on scrubs.

I sure wish I would have delusions about my skill in a game, complain about it online, and then reminisce about the days I may or may not have actually beat up on scrubs.

I got no idea what your talking about?? You never make much sense when you speak... but then again it is Codez.... so yea...

Anyways I went to FT. Campbell Monday night and practiced with Mick.... Hes using X and Cass... and yea hes still got it, thats all i'm "Allowed" to say lol... ;)

See you at the tourney...

Please note - the location has changed! It's still in the same general area, but let us know if you have any questions

Another update -- Tekken 6 will be playable at KiT:R! It looks like it will be 75c per play/continue at this point. There may be a side tourney or something fun (depending on time), but it will mostly be a time filler. Please remember if you are trying to fit games in between matches you may be asked to get off the machine. Tourney matches take priority.

updated start times

Back