Lag players?

Ringblade

[08] Mercenary
I know that my internet connection is really good, and I search for people with at least 4+ connection, however, recently, i've been matched up with players with horrible lag. the screen lags forward, and these players, only have 1 tactic by spamming certain moves.

Me who like to play fluid, got huge problems playing like this, since it hacks and lags a lot, and my character take some seconds before starting their moves. But do these players make their connection lag with purpose to play these lag, spam tactics? or am I just being completely silly?

Losing against these kind of players makes me feel like a completely bad player, since I can't even play when I got chance to see what move he's going to do.

It's often only the same kind of character I meet, character with long range.

Make sure your system is in a DMZ or directly connected to the internet. No wireless!!!

If it's bad, try seeking out only five-bar players.

I play with cable.

But anyway, i've given up hope now on this game, or on myself as a player. I've lost every match the past week, and I mean every match, I can't win a single one, I went from 70% win, down to 40% in a week due only meeting the same characters all the time, so I will stop playing this game, since it feels really unbalanced.

So thanks, it was fun while it lasted.

Is this a troll thread?

If the game ever lags that much and studders the slightest amount then the game will reset and the match will end. I really don't think that lag is the case with you, maybe you're just losing to be losing.

There is absolutely no way in hell the lag is THAT bad. SC4? Yeah sure, i'd be inclined to believe you there but 5, with much better netcode? Na sorry, not buying it. You know what? Despite SC4s horrible netcode, i was able to get decent games out of it here and there. I'll readily admit lag is still a factor in 5 to the point that certain characters seem stronger online, and yes i have felt that a loss was due to lag at times but you are going to have to accept some degree of responsibility for your losses and stop making excuses.

Actually lag can occasionally get that slideshow-level bad in SC5, and not always disconnecting the match. I find that whereas SC4 was mostly pretty bad all over, SC5 is mostly very good with the occasional dip into very _very_ bad. However, the netcode is definitely much better in SC5, and if you get this problem very often against different opponents it's very likely the problem is located either with your ISP or your network equipment at home.

But anyway, i've given up hope now on this game, or on myself as a player. I've lost every match the past week, and I mean every match, I can't win a single one, I went from 70% win, down to 40% in a week due only meeting the same characters all the time, so I will stop playing this game, since it feels really unbalanced.
FYI, it's probably because you don't know the matchup well. The gimmicks in this game are brutal, and you can have situations where if you don't know what you're doing you'll be playing the character and not the player at all (he can be on autopilot).

Just takes some homework, some frame data study, some string study, and the game is balanced again.

But if you still feel like leaving, well, peace...

Back