League of Legends

This generally isn't the proper topic for this discussion (and perhaps this forum's regulars wouldn't be able to answer the question accurately), but... probably. I'd say there may be an issue with quality software that an actual lack of such software.

For the most part, there are very few games out that can be considered "Edutainment" that would hold any twelve or thirteen year old's interest. Younger than that might also have trouble. You can probably look to Leap Frog products which tend to target the "Edutainment" market and do offer at least some level of software that might work, but I'm unsure if they have any sort of games that would target the fourth, fifth, or sixth grade level.

If you're intent on looking for games that would help children learn, it may be best to look at games that aren't quite specifically designed to educate children. Games like Pokemon may not offer the kind of traditional education that parents' might find educational, but there's some element of learning, critical thinking, and analysis that children will develop by simply playing the game.

At the basic level, a Pokemon game may teach or improve a child's reading skills. More important things like type weaknesses, team formation, strategy, problem-solving and even a little bit of mathematics could be learned through a game like Pokemon. However, a lot of Pokemon's mathematics are buried under the hood and kept largely hidden from general players. This is to keep the game friendly and easy to get into, without bogging players down with too much math, numbers and information that could overwhelm a lot of players (especially young kids). Older folks who still play Pokemon tend to do so - not just because of the game play - but because Pokemon is largely a numbers game to them. Especially for players who really understand or want to understand the nitty-gritty elements of the game.

To play is human. The first things we do as children is learn how to play. By playing games, we develop muscles, coordination and balance. We sharpen our minds, relieve stress and become healthier through various fun activities. It is important to play a variety of different games; from sports like soccer or football, through strategy games like chess, to quick thinking on the fly like a fighting game. While these games may not all teach things like mathematics, writing or spelling, it's important that people do play games in addition to traditional learning. Humans tend to learn best when they can, not only just use their minds, but actively participate in the process. Sitting in a classroom and listening to a teacher drone on about how to divide fractions or solve binomials isn't particularly thought-provoking, or engaging. Getting the students to actually do those things through a real-world process or in a game-like atmosphere is more likely to teach them something, than a boring lecture.

So if you can find some good edutainment games out there on the App Store (good luck), great. But don't freak out that a kid is playing a game like Pokemon or Minecraft. Chances are, he's probably learning something by playing it, and its likely engaging him far more than something like Math Blaster would.

I think it's a bot, buddy.

Brand all day
sYZGIlF.jpg

What on earth is the other team building?
This is a damn fine question. I didn't even notice, lol.

I think "panduuh" gives us the clearest insight into what went wrong here. It looks like at least two (possibly more) of this crew have been playing as a group and have been doing badly. Sort of a "failure committee" if you will. You will notice that fizz is the only one that deviates from the rest of the group in both gear and ability. He also says "you guys suck". This leads me to believe four of the opposing players have banded together to share "strategies" and form a group that is poison for any poor unfortunate fifth they get.

Hey guys i have been messing with LoL for 2 days and i like it very much.

I like support, mage, and range but my playstyle is based on support, pushing,and range

Champions i use are fiddlesticks, zilean, and ahri. If you know any good builds for these champions please help.

I want to experiment with other champions like karma and janna but i cant purchase them yet.

I go by Havoc TGH so send a request please.

I like support, mage, and range but my playstyle is based on support, pushing,and range

Champions i use are fiddlesticks, zilean, and ahri. If you know any good builds for these champions please help.

I want to experiment with other champions like karma and janna but i cant purchase them yet.

Will do man. I think you will recognize my user name, lol. As for help, sorry don't know much about any of them other than the first thing you max on ahri is orb. However there are a bunch of sites for lol like lolpro, mobafire, reignofgaming, the list goes on and on. Even the lolwiki has some relevant information. Then there's vids like ciderhelm's. Even if you don't find all the guides you see practical at your level they'll usually have explanations for why things are done certain ways that will help you out or help you understand your chars better. I play mostly tanks/tanky supports and melee fighter types. I'm not the best but I'm not the worst. If I see ya we'll play a few.

A ranged support mage. She very comfortable to use because her passive and mantra charges make her balanced for defense and offense.

I am thinking of using her and lulu. It would depend on what my team is using. I would use lulu to help keep my teams offense going while being on the offensive too. karma for defense.

Actually i will just go with lulu and fiddlesticks

I play a very bad Lux but I've only been playing for a week... Having a lot of fun with this game though

I play a very bad Lux but I've only been playing for a week... Having a lot of fun with this game though
I bought lux when she was on sale a while back, similarly bad. Helena, Cassie and now Lux to boot? You have good taste Tom. What's your ID btw?

I bought lux when she was on sale a while back, similarly bad. Helena, Cassie and now Lux to boot? You have good taste Tom. What's your ID btw?

DrTom28. Still though, I'm not joking about how bad I am at this game. Only thing I can beat right now are beginner bots...

DrTom28. Still though, I'm not joking about how bad I am at this game. Only thing I can beat right now are beginner bots...
Lol, np. Everybody starts someplace. I'm not the best either so no judgement. If that's the case then we shall take Lux and Leona and light up some beginner bots! Btw, I sent a request to a random stranger then today, cause I tried "dr tom" let's see what happens with that hah. I'll send you a request then man.

Bought Vi today. My friend runs Caitlyn. They make a seriously dangerous combo. Finally convinced him to play intermediate bots, lol. We won that game handily, which isn't something I can say when I run with a full group of strangers. He doesn't quite seem ready to fight people yet though, still pushes his luck a bit too much. Not that I'm a pro either though. I've had 2 matches against humans and lost both of them, lol. You've won more than I have Tom.

Lol, np. Everybody starts someplace. I'm not the best either so no judgement. If that's the case then we shall take Lux and Leona and light up some beginner bots! Btw, I sent a request to a random stranger then today, cause I tried "dr tom" let's see what happens with that hah. I'll send you a request then man.

Bought Vi today. My friend runs Caitlyn. They make a seriously dangerous combo. Finally convinced him to play intermediate bots, lol. We won that game handily, which isn't something I can say when I run with a full group of strangers. He doesn't quite seem ready to fight people yet though, still pushes his luck a bit too much. Not that I'm a pro either though. I've had 2 matches against humans and lost both of them, lol. You've won more than I have Tom.

Well, I have a few friends who've been playing for a long while and are pretty good. I've played 3 PvP matches now with one of my friends and have won all 3 thanks to him. All I've tried to do so far in the player matches is hold off mid until he destroys bottom turret and comes to help me out. After that I can start stealing some kills and end up doing fairly ok. I think it's just me, but Lux seems to be pretty bad early game, great mid game, and then falls off again late game. But we shall see. I still have a lot to learn about playing against other people. Though I think my Lux is doing alright enough(at least with my friend) that I can ditch the bots and start focusing there.

I've picked up Riven and Irelia as well. Irelia seems really hard to play but Riven seems viable for me. Riven being a straight cool down character and not dealing with mana helps.

if you want some help on Lux then I can definitely help you out on that since she's my main. i pick her if i feel like winning.

i've found a likeness for Veigar even though i don't like yordles (Namely teemo) and his voice annoys me. but he's cool to play with.

i strongly suggest you drop Karma for someone else. Karma is the worst support out of them all. everyone else does her job better.

I've picked up Riven and Irelia as well. Irelia seems really hard to play but Riven seems viable for me. Riven being a straight cool down character and not dealing with mana helps.
Ah interesting to know. Funny thing is riven was going to be one of my next purchases.

I started out with Mordekaiser, Janna, and Orianna way back when.
Only problem now is that If I'm not using a skill shot champion I don't do as well most of the time.

Back