League of Legends

Well I'm downloading League of Legends now. Name is Sillaeen, so please add me. I'm thinking of trying out Sonna; seems like an interesting Bard-like character. Of course, if that character is behind a paywall... that probably won't happen.

Well I'm downloading League of Legends now. Name is Sillaeen, so please add me. I'm thinking of trying out Sonna; seems like an interesting Bard-like character. Of course, if that character is behind a paywall... that probably won't happen.
There's a paywall and a playwall. You can unlock champs through play, or pay for them. Cosmetic things like skins are pay only. Things that actually make you better like runes are play only.

Yes pick a support champion. No one likes playing those. They seem to think you don't do anything.

Define "evading", and explain what you mean by specific roles. Dota 2 also has worldwide tournaments, Natus Vincere won $1m at The International, and technically the game's not even out yet.
i don't think Dota 2 is as popular as LoL considering that i'm updated on many broadcasted tournies and League is always at the top unless another big tourney like EVO, MLG, Winterbrawl, etc. are up.

and what i mean by specific roles is that League is more team oriented. each individual role (support, adc, tank, etc.) are emphasized. in Dota people can feel out multiple roles at the same time. i get it that dota is like the Dragon Ball Z to League being Naruto. i guess i'm really saying that League has this Meta (a.k.a. unspoken rules) about certain ways to play. Dota, not so much. there's more to do in Dota. League is more focused-more narrow in it's abilities because it's much more action based. (not saying that's the reason why League doesn't have much as to compared to Dota.) but you also gotta remember that League is younger than Dota. a mere couple years maybe three. League is constantly evolving and being more complex and filling itself out to match it's older brother MOBA.

in my opinion, the two games are a lot more different than they are alike. They shouldn't be compared but looked at as an actual separate game. because it is.

Honest question here, not trolling or anything

What does LoL have over Dota 2?
Honest answer here, not trolling or anything.

I'm playing it, Baby.

double-finger-guns.jpg

Isn't DOTA 2 still in beta and that it costs 30-40 bucks to get into that beta immediately?

Personally, I'm curious to see if Blizzard All-Stars shows up in the near future. Kinda disappointed there was no announcement of Balls at PAX.

Isn't DOTA 2 still in beta and that it costs 30-40 bucks to get into that beta immediately?

Personally, I'm curious to see if Blizzard All-Stars shows up in the near future. Kinda disappointed there was no announcement of Balls at PAX.
the beta is mostly by invite only. i have a Dota 2 account from my friend that got invited and he received beta keys to hand out to 3 people. i thought the game was alright but i liked league more because it was already a MOBA game that i came across first and i was more familiar with it. and some things in DOTA 2 just seem op as fck compared to League.

P.S. just lost promotion matches yet again to get out of freaking bronze IV. i keep getting people like this guy that insisted AD Teemo top was really good, then proceeded to feed 1/7. and that was just during lane phase. i hate it when people are like, "it's not your team mates fault you lose a game. it's the whole team's responsibility." hard to take that responsibility when you have 3 people on your team feeding constantly.

they don't understand the concept of, "if you lose fights against your lane enemy then just hold your lane and farm under turret." the rate of deaths under turret at level 2-8 are very small. if all you're doing is farming then that rate should be near zero.

So i don't think i'm gonna support anymore. i gotta play a carry. too many baddies holding me from getting out of these trashy leagues.

It's in beta but completely free to get in, all you need to do it talk to someone that's already in it. I've got like 12 invites to give away.

The fact that it's in a comparatively open beta and they're still adding heroes means that the final product will probably be the most balanced MOBA by the end product. Plus, none of the heroes are behind a paywall, everyone can access everyone.
1. your first sentence is EXACTLY what i already said the post before yours

2. that "paywall" you mentioned is from in game currency. It gives you a goal to play more of the game. this is a tradition that most games use and has worked for many years. hence the term "replay value" exist mainly because of this very factor. You see someone you like. you want to work for them. not to forgot that there is free week rotations. so champions you don't even have can be played for a week. that's how i found out i like Kennen. he was free for a week. i don't own him. i played him and enjoyed him. now i have a goal. so i would probably play the game more than if i had all the champions already.

It's in beta but completely free to get in, all you need to do it talk to someone that's already in it. I've got like 12 invites to give away.

The fact that it's in a comparatively open beta and they're still adding heroes means that the final product will probably be the most balanced MOBA by the end product. Plus, none of the heroes are behind a paywall, everyone can access everyone.

I like how unabashedly partisan you are. Okay, so we can basically predict everything you're going to say at this point and we understand that you like Coke. And that's fine. This is the Pepsi thread however. If you can't drink both then gtfo.

Not that I hate DoTA, (hey, I have my copy) but it should tell you a thing or two if it went from something you pay for to something they're giving away.

It was always a thing you could opt in for free though, I got mine free. The paying's optional, and a LoL player should know about that feeling right
I didn't even mean that as an insult and you're getting upset. Okay moving past that, ever actually tried League?

Yeah, I played it for a month or two last year but I couldn't really get into it at the time, something about it just didn't hit it off with me. Something about Dota just flowed a lot better when I picked it up.

I understand that I came here sounding like the Pepsi fan in the Coke thread or whatever, but I've tried Coke and am genuinely interested in how people prefer it.
league is much different from how it was last year. so you should take another look at it again. Like i said before. it's still constantly changing to always better itself as a MOBA.

Hey 8wr lol players I have a treat for you! I attended pax east in boston today and grabbed one extra riot graves and full metal rammus skin code for you all. If you want to try your chance at it throw a like on this comment and i will draw 2 names from a hat wednesday evening. They expire in 5 days so i need to give them away fast haha.

Hey 8wr lol players I have a treat for you! I attended pax east in boston today and grabed one extra riot graves and full metal ramus skin code for you all. If you want to try your chance at it throw a like on this comment and i will draw 2 names from a hat wensday evening. They expire in 5 days so i need to give them away fast haha.
I'm first so I win, right? Lol.

Hey 8wr lol players I have a treat for you! I attended pax east in boston today and grabed one extra riot graves and full metal ramus skin code for you all. If you want to try your chance at it throw a like on this comment and i will draw 2 names from a hat wensday evening. They expire in 5 days so i need to give them away fast haha.
rammus is my main jungler :P i'll wrestle Ghengis for it >:D

Back