Leixia Auto GIs

MystSilver

[09] Warrior
Testing what Leixia's Auto GIs will GI. I feel like this will be a big deal since 22_88B+K B can lead to pretty good damage and such.

It looks like 22_88B+K will parry high and mid weapon attacks, but no thrusts or kicks.

4A+B only seems to work on high horizontal attacks coming from Leixia's left.

I can't figure out what GIs on WR B and WR B BE. Everything I've tried seems to interrupt or whiff, I'll keep trying.

44B4 and similar GI mid thrusts,

44B+K Seems to GI mid kicks and verts but not horizontals or thrusts

I'll try to compile a list of exactly what moves we can use these on, please share any input for specific moves you've found these useful against.

VS Leixia

22_88B+K
AA
6A
3AA
1A
4A
FC A
WR A
Jump A (You go flying and take damage. Whoa.)
BT A
BT FC A
BB
3B
2B
1B
4BB
FC B

More to come.

I'm 99% sure that 4A+B works just like in SCIV. It counters every horizontal except lows and every high and mid stabs. Active window is at the very beginning, haven't checked the frames yet. So it'll be useful to counter strings on reaction, but not single moves. For example, it counters Xibas 2nd hit of his 6B+K which is nice, cause you can't GI or punish it.

Really? Because every time I test it I'm getting smacked out of it by Leixia's 4A and 6A, but GI her A without trouble.

I did notice when I check 6B though, I can only get it to go off sometimes when the green is on screen. Is the timing different for different kinds of attacks?

I tried a whole host of timings for 6A and cannot get it to GI at all.

I've just checked 4A+B a little more. Active window and moves that it counters are exactly the same as in SC4.
So from frame 3-7 it counters all horizontals (but lows) and all vertical stabs (but lows).

I haven't really found something useful for 22B+K. It comes out so late because of the buffered quick step that I don't think you can ever counter something on reaction with it.

I haven't really found something useful for 22B+K. It comes out so late because of the buffered quick step that I don't think you can ever counter something on reaction with it.

^This. If you are 8wayrunning and someone tries to catch you with a reactable horizontal (ex: Sieg 66A) you can use it then I suppose. It's still pretty lame. They obviously wanted it to be used since it's technically a "stance" but the quickstep really kills it. 22B+K was an auto step move to BEGIN with.

Quickstep to auto step move? C'mon man!

Also, 4A+B is the truth. 54 dmg meterless string beater, rings out, and wallsplats? I'll take it.

Yeah, that's true. They wanted to make it useful but didn't conclude that quick step into auto step into GI window takes a while.
And since BHH A doesn't do anything on CH, the BHH kA series are a joke damagewise and the K comes out so slowly you dont really get a mixup either if you do it randomly.

I've just checked 4A+B a little more. Active window and moves that it counters are exactly the same as in SC4.
So from frame 3-7 it counters all horizontals (but lows) and all vertical stabs (but lows).

Yeah that's right. It's the same as before, even the active window
I disagree, it's great while 8WayRunning. The window afterwards is huge so you can connect with all kinds of attacks for free, just like after 66B4 and the other equivalent variations

Also, 4A+B is the truth. 54 dmg meterless string beater, rings out, and wallsplats? I'll take it.
40 damage no?

I disagree, it's great while 8WayRunning. The window afterwards is huge so you can connect with all kinds of attacks for free, just like after 66B4 and the other equivalent variations
I don't know, maybe it's better than it seems to me right now, but I'm not really a friend of BHH to be honest.

40 damage no?
No, 4A+B 66K is a NC for 54-56dmg. And even more with a CE and/or a wall.

I use 4A+B~3B for 54. but I guess 66K works too.

I wouldn't say it's great during 8WR, but it still has a minor use there. Honestly, most stepkillers are too fast to react to with it.

I was messing around in training mode and checked 44B+K. It seems a lot better than in SC4.
I counters vertical mids (except for stabs) and even kicks. Not sure which kicks exactly, but it definitely works on Leixia's 6K or 66K for example.
Active window from frame 8-16. The advantage depends on when you counter the moves. If you counter a B at the first active frame (8), you'll end up +22. For each frame later, you get one frame advantage more in the end. So if you counter at frame 16, you'll end up +30.
That's better than the stupid knockdown from SC4 that didn't even guarantee a 2K, lol.
You always get 3B, and, depending on the counter frames, 4A+B and iFC3B combos. Needs more testing if it's really useful. Might be good for certain situations where your opponent tends to BB.

Might be good for certain situations where your opponent tends to BB.

It's good against certain canned strings too. Sieg has a couple where you can 44B+G the 2nd/3rd hit. The only issue with it is the aGI startup is a bit delayed... meaning if you try to use it on reaction to someone going ahead with the full string, you'll be too late and get counter hit. (ie: NM 4BB) In those cases you have to kind of predict they'll finish the string and do it.

4A+B parries Mitsu's dreaded 4B. Now I can put up with those players who love to spam the hell out of it.

...Unless it's at tip range. :I

Back