Leixiaggression

Cadlinc

[08] Mercenary
Hello all. If you don't already know my name is Cadlinc. I'm just looking for a few tips. I seem to be having a bit of trouble with the way I play Leixia. I think you might be wondering how you could help with this right? Well, you can't. What you could help me with is a little argument I'm having between my self.

Part of me really really wants to play the rush-down aggressive Leixia. That in your face, won't back away, doesn't give up kind of Leixia. My only point of reference would be someone like Kayane. (Mostly because I'm really kind of out of the tournament player loop.)

The other part of me likes the kind of savvy, veteran, counter hit heavy, wait-and-watch, get in where I fit in kind of Leixia. My only point of reference here would maybe be the awesome ZeroEffect317. Maybe. I honestly haven't watched enough of his videos to say that's how he plays. But from the few I've seen, it seemed that way to me.

I'm really at a loss on how to combine and balance these play styles. Obviously there are many pros and cons to these ways to play. Also keep in mind that I know there are many ways to play Lexia and those two aforementioned play styles are just two of many.

Also another problem I seem to be having (they just keep piling up don't they?) is spacing. In both of the play styles I mentioned above spacing is HUGE. I find that against characters with range like Nightmare, that I'm forced to play that waiting game Leixia many time because I didn't space properly. No player wants to be forced to do anything. Ever. There other times where I'm consciously trying to play aggressively against characters like Natsu and Mitsu. Again spacing is key here. Because their damage out put is extremely high, (cue OP Mitsurugi rant here) spacing and stepping can sink you or help you float.

Put simply, I just wanna get a consensus on other players tips, feelings, and strategies. Maybe I could find a Yin-Yang like balance. Thank you to all (if any) who bother to help. And I hope to play you in the future.

I'm really at a loss on how to combine and balance these play styles. Obviously there are many pros and cons to these ways to play. Also keep in mind that I know there are many ways to play Lexia and those two aforementioned play styles are just two of many.

You basically hit it on the head there. You have to find a way to balance out your game with her. Honestly I couldn't tell you what my "style" is, lol. (I'm probably a bit less aggressive to start off, but I've been told otherwise by some players, so it's just unique I guess) I tend to work the guard gauge when I can though.

Anyway, some of that is dependent on the matchup. Natsu for example, you want to be less aggressive and play more of a poking and spacing game. She can kill you up close, since her 10 frame AA/A:6 will hurt your rushdown. Nightmare you want to get in and stay in. Force him to play unsafe.
Mitsu is all around strong, but you want to be able to turn on the aggression when he comes in to avoid freezing up for his mixups.
There are plenty of videos on my youtube channel if you need reference. There's also the Learning Leixia tutorial series. And other than myself and Kayane, you also have Kalas, MTFighter, and Hyrul(Age of Truth) who are known Leixia players.

Back