Live stream - equipment

Di_PL

[10] Knight
I'd like to ask people who are doing live streams from the tournament to post what equipment are they using (camcorder, TV card, PC/notebook etc.). Hope you'll post and help me to start making live streams of Polish events regularly.

I think Furzy uses this here: http://www.amazon.de/Hauppauge-PVR-Personal-HDTV-Recorder/dp/B001GN6OTG

Then he just streams his screen of the macbook...it works ok with his 13" Macbook Pro. This is one of the cheapest solutions i think. He did the last few streams for the french SC5 meetings...not sure which software again....you should ask him, i dont think he will read this otherwise.

His Macbook pro has 4GB Ram, an average graphic card....but still it works. Last time they hooked the HD Recorder up to one of the french guys desktop PC with 8 or 16 GB, much better graphic card etc and it was super laggy. So the stream quality highly depends on your PC....

A much better source is to go on teamliquid.net, a lot of Starcraft players stream...they use XSplit as a programm. Here you can find a lot of stream questions and answers...sure they dont have to capture the game first, but softwarewise they can help for sure.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=46

Thanks.

I'm using Toshiba Satellite Pro L670 (4GB RAM, i3, HD5650) notebook which should be OK for non-HD streaming but the last time I used it the stream was choppy as hell. Maybe that was because of my noname TV USB box or the upload speed, but I guess that a few Mbs should be enough.

Do you know if Furzy uses it for streaming or only for recording? As for the latter, I've seen that the video on his Mac has around 2 seconds of lag when compared to the TV.

At the moment I'm using a camcorder connected to a TV card (I bought a new one).

As for the software, VR-Fist also recommended me XSplit so I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Hey i dont know the exact setup, i'll try to remind Furzy to look into here when he is back from NEC!

Back