"Long time" lurker finally joins the ranks

LordSturm

[09] Warrior
Hey guys, my name is Lord Sturm and I've finally decided to reveal my nooby self to the 8wayrun community.

I've been lurking here ever since around late January/early February of this year, after I bought SCV as an impulse buy, and mostly because my local friends play fighting games like MvC, but I never could get into them. I've played SC2 and 3, but skipped 4, so I was familiar with the series and liked the characters, and thought the game would be a fun way to spend time and play with my friends.

I didn't realize how into SCV I'd really get, though. This is my first fighter that I've dived this deep into the matchups and strategies, and I've been enjoying every minute of it. I'm looking to enter the tournament in Chicago in two weeks and I'm hoping to level up my game to at least a level where I won't embarrass myself before then.

My main character at the moment is Mitsurugi :sc2mit2:, who I enjoy because of his versatility, but also because he kicked my ass all over when I played SC2 XD. My secondary character at the moment is Astaroth :sc5ast1:, and I'm working on learning Cervantes as well :sc2cer2:.

Anyways, I hope to learn as much as possible while I'm here and hopefully meet some people to play with! Thanks for reading my long intro post :)

Glad to see you're enjoying SCV. That was probably the best intro wall of text I've read in awhile. Enjoy your stay at 8wr. xD

Haha, thanks! I tried to be concise yet detailed, and it seemed to work out all right :P

Also, by the way, if anybody would like to do some friendlies on XBL feel free to add me as a friend. I'm at C2 rank right now, but I'll play any rank. I'm always looking for a challenge!

Haha, thanks! I tried to be concise yet detailed, and it seemed to work out all right :P

Also, by the way, if anybody would like to do some friendlies on XBL feel free to add me as a friend. I'm at C2 rank right now, but I'll play any rank. I'm always looking for a challenge!
Instead of catching people online, why don't you hook up with the local Chicago crew. You'd learn so much more as they have beasts out there and to be honest I love those guys. They're some of the best guys to just hang around. Check out the regional thread and just post. Trust me they're a great fucking group.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/team-mighty-chicago-tmchi.10027/page-14#post-474926

Sounds good, Solo! I have some troubles with the Sieg matchup, so that should be good practice for me. :) Right now my XBL microphone is busted, but I should be able to replace it in a couple of days.

Greatone, the reason I didn't think to post in the Chicago thread is because I'm sort if in between residencies at the moment. I go to school in Texas, and I'll only be in Chicago for three weeks before I head back for summer classes. However, I'll poke my head into the thread and see if there's any plans for a meetup or anything before I head back to Denton. Thanks for the tip!

Back