Madcatz 360 Fightstick Technical Issue!

HappyColour

[12] Conqueror
Hey everbody!

Just was wondering if someone could help me with a strange issue I'm having (or even let me know if they have experienced it). I just bought the Madcatz Soul Edition stick for the 360 of which I have popped open and switched the gate and buttons, and since then I have encountered a strange issue. If the controller is plugged in and I power the 360 on with the stick sometimes the stick won't be recognized as a controller by the 360. Essentially the controllers light will continue to flash and not assign itself a controller slot (a secondary issue is I also notice the stick cannot be used to navigate Netflixx, regardless if LS, RS, or Dpad is selected). I will note that when it is recognized by the 360 it works very well, and as well reemphasize that I am turning the 360 on with the stick that thereafter is not recognized by it.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Unfortunately I just did a basic test of the controller before I modified it so I don't know if this is something that has potentially come about from my mod, a problem with my 360, or a glitch with the stick!

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Resolved this. Took a can of compressed air, sprayed out all the connecting ports to the 360 and the stick. Since then hasn't happened again. May have had some plastic residue from the factory still.

Back