Madison SC4 Tourney #64 (RECRUITMENT III) Results 11/5/11

jimmypikachuchoi

[10] Knight
OMG, such fun games with everyone. Grand Finals were long for both Tekken and Soul Calibur. Good games to everybody. BTW, we have 3 new recruits for this week. Mao, Pouncer, and Strakaman.

Results:
SC4:
1. MysticBill (Siegfried, Ivy, Amy)
2. jimmypikachuchoi (X, Sophie)
3. Ora (Sophie)
4. Outlaw (YunSeong)
5. iKotomi (Cass)
5. Phil Bond (Siegfried, NM)
7. Mao (Cass)
7. Daners Dorkus (Mina)
9. Pouncer (X)
9. Omari (Maxi)
9. Metallix (Raph)
9. Khzhak (Maxi)
13. Baka (DQ)

Tekken:
1. jimmypikachuchoi
2. MysticBill
3. Phil Bond
4. Baka
5. Omari
5. Mao
7. Metallix
7. Daners Dorkus
9. Ora (DQ'd)
9. Khzhak
9. Pouncer

Since Tourney #64, I have started collecting Madison's SCV League Membership Fee.
SCV League Members(as of 11/05/11):

Anduril ($10) wk61
Baka
Battousai
Bubba
Butts ($1)-Wk64
CJ7
Daners Dorkus ($10) wk63
Dark Hogosha
Dillon
Dooku
Dr Tom
Erik Sua ($1)
Faellie
Fafnier
Fuzion
Gremlyn
iKotomi($10) wk62
Jesster
jimmypikachuchoi ($30) wk61
Just Jake
Ken
Kerenata
Khzhak
Lokim
Loser
Mao ($10) Wk 64
Mason ($1)
Mateo Galvan
Metallix ($10) wk63
MysticBill
Nick R
Ora ($10) wk62
Orange ($10) wk63
Outlaw ($10) wk62
Phil Bond ($10) wk63
Pouncer ($10) Wk64
schabit
Shadow
Stanley
Strakaman ($12)-Wk64
Syxx
Tomi ($10) wk62
Ultimate Ninja
Voodoo
Zoltan

MONEY for ultimate prizes as of 11.07.11($155.00/~$1000.00)

Other ppl, who are interested in becoming a league member please facebook me. My profile is Jimmy Wingleung Choi.

Had fun this past week (even through I didn't do well) and my twin sister had fun as well. :) On behalf of her I apologize that she wasn't able to play at least casually. She was under the weather (as was I). I was kind of annoyed and frustrated that my SF4 PS3 fight stick wasn't functioning (buttons are sticking really bad to the point that my movements weren't reading out). >:(

Jimmy: Jimmy? I think you forgot to get Barry's league payment before we left.

It was funny,fun,cool that you and Pouncer faced each other again in a tourney (but in T6 this time).

iKotomi: Thanks iKotomi for the help with the testing out my fight stick. :) Good that I found that out during casuals than during the tourneys themselves.

Bill: Your Ivy spanked my two characters asses hard! >.<

Daners: You and Pouncer's match in SC4 was a sight to see. Clothes being broken off all over the place on both your characters. I recorded your guys match on my phone. Once I figure out how to get it off the phone,I will share it with you both there. :)

It was great to be paired up against you in the SC4 tourney. I like playing against you and Amber. ^.^

Omar: Great to meet at fellow player in SC4,T6 and even in the KOF series. Next time I'll get your character back in T6. ;)

Outlaw/Phil Bond/Omar/Jimmy/Daners/Ora/iKotomi/Baka: My twin sister thought you were all cool and nice people. Really good at both games.

::sighs:: Now...I'm in the process in looking for a tourney edition fight stick (I would love to have MvC2 or maybe the new SC5 (don't know which that is coming out)) to replace the one that I wasn't able to use on Saturday. -.-

Of course I had fun yesterday.

Jimmy
It's always amusing how this was the second tournament you and I had to face each other.

Omar
Your really good at both fighting games.

Daners
It was fun playing a fellow Song Mi-na player. I think I might have to practice on my Song Mi-na and face yours sometime.

I fight better naked. ;) (To :sc4min1:and :sc2xia3: being broken in each match we had.)

P. Bond,Outlaw,Ora,Baka,Jimmy,Bill,Omar,iKotomi
It was great seeing and playing with you again.

Metallix and her sister
Your both cute. =^_- =

Time to bust people's chops.

I really wish you guys would stop using custom outfits in tournaments. It's distracting and I'd like to think tournaments are more serious than that. But I can't stop you, I can only express how i feel by beating you all.

Jimmy: It really seems like you come in with a strategy based on what you think(in many cases know what) i am going to do. Which is a fine way to start. But when things start changing you are slow to respond if at all. So many matches go from 0-3 to 3-0. Then in grand finals you had such a great read on me that i felt like i could not do anything. So i played Seig and turned it around from 1-3 to 4-3, 4-1. I think mental fatigue was a factor, but you should be beyond that. Then you say that you lost because you were not used to my Seig, and really, you should be able to adapt to anything at this stage in the game. You have this list of everything you expect to see from your opponent and when they don't do that you fall apart. What happens when you go to a major and go up against 64+ people you never played before? And you fight a Lizardman that used 1K in a different spot then when i use it? Having a plan is a fine way to start, but there will come a time where you must throw that plan out the window and think on your feet. You won 1 match out of 6 with X against my Seig. And before you played X, you lost twice with Sophie. I think you saw enough to come up with a better strategy.

Amber: Way to make me change characters. My lost with Amy was so convincing that i did not play her for the rest of the night. I think you have a very good idea of what to do in that match up. You controlled the space around you. But then when i played Ivy, i was able to walk up to you. Then you ducked and kept ducking. Then i conditioned you to duck some more and you did. Then when i played you a 2nd time, I just controlled all the space and you could not get in. We will work on the Ivy match up. But why did you stop owning the space in the first fight? Anyways, i still see your progress and hope you keep at it.

OutLaw: You play Yun Seong. Really, that is a lifestyle choice. Enjoy your 2-8 match ups against every other character.

Phil Bond: As much drive and passion that you may have(I think you had more the tournament before this) you are still just pressing buttons. One thing that you have that i like(and you have this over Amber and Aaron) is that you have your own style and it shows when you fight. You make unique choices based on your personal experience with the game and I like it. That is why i enjoyed playing Bret back in the day, because his style was unlike any other and he still plays that way. I want you to keep playing the way you are playing. I also want you to learn frames, punish and setups\mixups. I also want you to be able to perform any move in the game. If there is a move you can't do, practice it until you can. Simple as that. Also, you know what character does not require 236? Xianghua. Think about it.

IKotomi: You have all the framework of a good player, just need more experience. I can give you plenty.

Omar: Always good to meet a new player in Wisconsin. Hope to see you again.

I will post more later.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about other characters to give a lot of advice, but I do have one note for Amber.

I know you like ducking throws, but ducking is inherently risky, especially when the other guy knows that you like ducking throws. That's why it's important that every time you actually do duck one you TAS B.

Otherwise, Bill can just run up and do a 50/50 throw mid mixup. If he throws, you duck and do nothing, which is fine for him. If you don't duck you get thrown which is fine as well. Otherwise he can just walk up and mid. The risk reward is so badly skewed but it doesn't have to be that way.

Sophie has good tools all around, but you can't overlook the fact that she has a brutal punishment game. Her TAS B is the same speed as Cass's 236B (faster if you start from crouch). That's really scary, and people have to be a lot more careful about throwing out anything when they know you'll take advantage of it.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about other characters to give a lot of advice, but I do have one note for Amber.

I know you like ducking throws, but ducking is inherently risky, especially when the other guy knows that you like ducking throws. That's why it's important that every time you actually do duck one you TAS B.

Otherwise, Bill can just run up and do a 50/50 throw mid mixup. If he throws, you duck and do nothing, which is fine for him. If you don't duck you get thrown which is fine as well. Otherwise he can just walk up and mid. The risk reward is so badly skewed but it doesn't have to be that way.

Sophie has good tools all around, but you can't overlook the fact that she has a brutal punishment game. Her TAS B is the same speed as Cass's 236B (faster if you start from crouch). That's really scary, and people have to be a lot more careful about throwing out anything when they know you'll take advantage of it.
This advice sucks. I only use TAS B for interrupts sometimes, not as block or whiff punishment, and I'm pretty awesome.

Bill-chan: Thank for the advice. I know that I need to adapt better at times, but you really stepped it up as well, and when I DID adapt, you already had an anti-ADAPT move to counter my adapting, so I didn't really have an answer. What am I supposed to do against someone that doesn't respect positive frames? No matter what tempo change I tried or mixup I had, you would just 3B(Counter). 8 fights against Siegfried shoulda helped me, but some were 2-3 that got me down mentally. You may have beaten me, but when I find the answers you just go on to another character hoping she/he will beat my X. First Taki, then Lizardman, then Amy, then Ivy; I think for SCV you should try to find a main main character. But you were solid today and blocking all of my stuff. I'll get you next time though, ARRRRGH!!! JOIN OUR LEAGUE B4 it turns to Decmeber and you have to pay $15, OH NO!!!!:sc1xia1:

Phil Bond: not the best week for you. Tough draw and matches overall. I got some new/old Siegfried stuff that you can work on, better combos and wall combos. We'll talk more today during our get-together.

Outlaw: You are a champ at breaking throws. It's quite entertaining to see your opponents get frustrated at your throw-breaking abilities. I'm glad to see you incorporate some of my YunSeong stuff that I've been telling you to do. You gotta be more gutsy and knowledgeable of what your opponents' habits are and what they will do. React to that, and find a way to counter.

Amber-dono: Fun stuff. You shouldn't lose to Bill's Ivy. I was surprised that you did well against his Amy. You tore it apart against him in the first round and was 1 rd away from sending him to losers. Keep up the good work. You do have the MOST Potential outta the Tier 2's at the moment. Don't overdo my 1 frame auto duck throws. Bill got you in the end bc of that. Risk reward is always gonna be a factor here. For X, it's fine bc she has FC3B to punish throws. What do you have? You got 236B:4, or WSB+K into 236 B, or if you're too slow in executing, just poke with 2K or 2A or Throw, to keep them guessing, or stand up and do 1K or 4B or BB or AA. You got so many options after doing your 1 frame ducking. If you are more gutsy and really anticipate them doing a throw, do 236 236 AA or B:4, or 66B or 66A+B. Or if you feel more defensive try to do 11_44_77B, which you still don't do. There are so many things you could do. you don't need to be scared of Ivy, but we'll prolly play more this week if time allows. Remember when Ivy goes into that dumb UB, you can shake outta it to avoid the 2nd part.

iKotomi: Thanks for Vietnamese, that was good stuff...You are coming along in finding out what you should and shouldn't do, how to punish, but still incorporating you in the game. You need to read those lows, reaction timing is very important and that's something that you can get by playing more and getting used to telegraphed attacks. Once you've reached a certain level, I know it's hard, especially when you think you are not progressing or improving. Hopefully, whenthis wk, you can kinda think about what you could be doing to improve. If ppl aren't punishing your lows with Cass, do it again, why NOT? Punish them for not knowing what to do against her. Bill is a hard fighter to play against. With more time and experience, playing against him will improve your game immensely. He's the one who taught me all the fighting game fundamentals, so listen to what he says alot.

Mao and Dani-chan: when your fires are relit, it's gonna be fun to have you guys back in the SCV league. I think it's hard sometimes, especially when you fight Amber's Sophie. It's gonna be an uphill battle still in SCIV. But you 2 have played against her so many times, it is up to you to understand your character and what they need to do to punish. Dani more patience, Mao more consistency.

Omari: It was great to meet you. It's always fun to have another new player come into our community who plays a different character than the others. Maxi is fine. It's great that you started in 4 bc you don't have that "I wish he were SC2 Maxi" mentality. Too bad you had to leave early. I didn't get a chance to play you. Hope you are able to make it to more of these events.

Nat, Nadine, Bryan, Khzhak: Always great to have you guys here. Nadine it was really cool to meet you. Sorry I didn't have time to chit-chat, but too many long finals. Natasha, you always keep it real. If we have a chance for a one on one SC session, I really wanna help you improve your game, but you need to realize things you need to improve upon, in order to get to that next level. First thing is sticking with just 1 main character. Who would you like to choose and from there, I can try to help you with her or him. Bryan, what is with our destined battles? I'm sick of playing agaist X. She's a filthy whore!!! Khzhak, good to see you again, wished you were part of our league already, but that's cool. Hope to see you more often at these events.

like wise with you jimmy and the rest of you that i met on Saturday. :D

That was my sister talking to you guys through my account. Understandable Jimmy. ^.^ I try my best to keep it real, seeing or being around my family reminds me to keep doing that. Sure I wouldn't mind doing that kind of training session. Hmm....my two characters that I'm best at is:

:sc4sop1: (<-- Sophitia)
:sc4rap1: (<-- Raphael)

As you and anyone who knows me knows that I'm first and always a Sophitia player. Raphael I <3 since SC2, played him because Sophitia wasn't available in the arcade edition. Honestly...I haven't been happy with him since moves changed in SC3 and SC4 (in my IHMO they should have left him alone). >.> He just doesn't feel right to me in those versions of the games (at least when I use him). :\ I would like to perfect both characters. Let's start with Sophitia. :sc2sop3:

Well, that's a good start. You need to learn the basics with her game, and I know you have played her forever, you will have to put some trust into me and start from scratch, really understanding the mechanics and playstyle of your character. I will help you with that as long as you are doing your end of the bargain too, by showing great improvements and progress. To understand one's character play is to understand your own habits and how to control your fingers and finger movements when inputting attacks. This will be the most difficult part, breaking old habits, but once you have control of your own movements, you become more free to do other attacks and expand from there. We'll practice, when I actually have free time.

Alright. FYI, this is something that I don't tell many people about, I have a learning disability when it comes to learning things right away (if you haven't noticed it by now). You might have to repeat things to me more than once for me to understand fully. And I am a visual person, stick diagrams would be most helpful to me.

310854_10150475629146241_745746240_11087141_398668138_n.jpg

It is true and I understand how annoying it is to play against that BITCH. Especially when you guys pull Jimmy's on Jimmy. That is flattering, but irritating. here is a sample pic of our league at the moment. Of course it is just a rough draft. With more ppl joining in the next 3 months, I am gonna be making more changes to it.

I've done it, I created an account here. So any commentary on how I play as:sc2maxi2:?

Also, my favorite character isn't in the image list. I only play as :sc2maxi1:because there is no Li Long. Double Nunchaku FTW!

Hey Barry. It was fun to see you again. As far as Maxi is concerned, I think the main thing you will need to work on is familiarizing yourself with his loops bc that is an essential part of his game. If you control more of your actions and really think about it, starting from that will help you execute better. So your offense is ok, Maxi can attack. You just need to work a little harder on the defense, which is the G button. But you didn't play for a long time, so I understand if you were rusty and stuff. But hopefully we get to see you again, and I'll try to help you out if you want.

JOIN OUR LEAGUE!!! We don't want unlucky 13 members.

My big weakness, I rarely guard. I need to work on that. As for his loops, I'm stuck sometimes, because some stances are unavailable at certain parts without a complicated button combination. As far as his stance sequences, and how they flow into each other, I mostly have down which button does which move after which other move, and which attacks lead into which other attacks. It's a complicated branching and forking flowchart, the way I picture it.

It is true and I understand how annoying it is to play against that BITCH. Especially when you guys pull Jimmy's on Jimmy. That is flattering, but irritating. here is a sample pic of our league at the moment. Of course it is just a rough draft. With more ppl joining in the next 3 months, I am gonna be making more changes to it.

Bitch :sc1xia1: , Bitch :sc2xia1: , Bitch :sc2xia12: , :sc2xia3: ;)

I like the league image there.

(League image with sprites)
:sc1ast1: :sc2yun2: :sc2xia12: :sc4min1:
:sc2tal3: :sc2mit1: :sc4sig1: :sc4sop1:
:sc2maxi2: :sc4cas1:
:sc2mit2: :sc2sop3: :sc2xia3: :sc2cas2:

How come Anduril trusts you more there, by letting you take pictures and smiles for you?! :\ I have been trying for years to get at least one picture of him. He either ducks, does not smile or puts his hands when I try to take a shot. ::has been hurt for 8-9 years::

I've done it, I created an account here. So any commentary on how I play as:sc2maxi2:?

Also, my favorite character isn't in the image list. I only play as :sc2maxi1:because there is no Li Long. Double Nunchaku FTW!

About time you've brought yourself here. It took you long enough. ;) Btw, next time you come to league don't forget to pay your league fee (that you forgot to do last time you were at the Wok).

::Gives a supportive hand on Metallix's shoulder to her observation.::

Welcome Barry! Yes do join us.

Back