[Mar 13, 2013] Support Liberty in North Korea - Tournament Drive (Deptford Township, NJ)

OmegaXCN

[10] Knight
Months ago, the South Jersey based AVYLON group hosted an event that included a Soul Calibur V tournament to raise funds to help local people affected by Hurricane Sandy

This time, AVYLON is supporting an organization called Liberty in North Korea (LiNK) that helps rescue desperate refugees and provides them with shelter and a better life.

They will providing us with a free screening of their short documentary, "Danny from North Korea"

http://libertyinnorthkorea.org/

See the trailer here

So how is Soul Calibur involved?

The Calibur tournament for Sandy relief was very successful, so we're gonna do something similar but change it up a bit.

We encourage everyone to see this documentary, so we're taking entry fees at the door and holding the tournament right after the screening. The movie is great, it's free, and there'll be food.

$5.00 entry fee, plus free entry into documentary screening with free food.

Unfortunately, we can't do a money tournament (again) until April.

On a positive note, all the entry fees will go into supporting the organization and raise awareness.

However, there will be other prizes , and a neat trophy.

Tournament Details

8WayRun rules, except best 2 out of 3 sets except for for Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

Sorry, the college wants to kick people out as soon as possible. However, this will be subject to change, considering the amount of set ups we will have, we might be able to finish the tournament quickly nd cleanly

Health /Science Building, Room 500.

Time:

6:30 p.m. movie start

About AVYLON

Avylon is a small aspiring game design group dedicated to creating a deeper relationship between gamers and the games they play. To accomplish this goal Avylon is also a joint operation gamer community. The goals of the community are to create a social haven for game discussion and to build interest in not only competitive play but to create ease of casual sessions as well.

Avylon is also among the most dedicated Soul Calibur 5 community of players anywhere, with a range of skills from tournament-experienced pros, to willing-to-learn newcomers.

The Avylon group is also passionate about giving back to society as well, so please come by, support a good cause, and have a good time!

can you donate by paypal if you're FAR from Jersey?

I'm so sorry I got to your post so late.

I didn't get to see if the event itself set up something on PayPal for LINK donations.

However, please feel free to go to this website to donate, as well as seeing exactly what your donation will be going toward.

http://libertyinnorthkorea.org/donate/

Thank you so much for showing interest. I'm really pushing for the "Fighting Game Community doing good things" angle, and you're helping a lot to make us look great by contributing to a good cause.

Thanks again.

Back