[Mar 23, 2013] Jersey Shoreyuken 10 (Absecon, NJ)

OmegaXCN

[10] Knight
Posted from Shoryuken.com:

What's up everyone, my name is DMG | Slob Murph and I have been running Monday Night Fight Nights at the Nerd Palace every Monday for the past two years. I have also helped out with various tournaments, most notably for the old school "Jersey Shoreyuken" series when Street Fighter 4 first made its debut.

We will be continuing the Jersey Shoreyuken Saga with our 10th installment "Jersey Shoreyuken 10".

Where is it?

Nerd Palace, NJ (Absecon, NJ)
228 North Shore rd. Absecon, NJ 08201

We are located just outside of Atlantic City. We are also located across the street from the Absecon Train Station!

When Is it?

Saturday, March 23rd
Starts at 6:00 PM
Ends at 11:59 PM

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition will start at 6:00 PM
Street Fighter x Tekken Ver. 2013 will start at 6:00 PM
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will start at 8:00 PM
Soul Caliber 5 & TTT2 will start at 8:00 PM

I will be there at 4:00 PM, so if you want to play casuals, you are more than welcome to come early.

What games will be in the tournament?

Soul Caliber 5 and TTT2

Street Fighter x Tekken Ver. 2013
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

How much does it cost?

To enter Jersey Shoreyuken 10 you pay an entry fee, there is no venue fee for tournaments at Nerd Palace! All money collected from entry fees go 100% right back to the winners.

Venue Fee - FREE
Entry Fee - $10

How much can you win?

1st Place - 70%
2nd Place - 20%
3rd Place - 10%

Simply put, if there are 40 competitors that pay $10 to play Street Fighter x Tekken Ver. 2013, the prize pool would be (40 x $10) = $400. If you come in 1st place, you will receive 70% of the prize pool, or $280.

What gaming console will be used?

Soul Calibur and TTT2 will be on PS3. All other games are on XBOX360

What are the rules?

All tournaments will be double elimination. Standard EVO 2013 Rules will be applied:

Soul Calibur - 8wayrun Rules - 3/5 Sets
TTT2 - TBD

Street Fighter x Tekken Ver. 2013 - Best of 3
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Best of 3
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - Best of 5

Hope to see some familiar faces, as well as some new ones! Support the local Fighting Game Community and show up!

Here is a link to the stream:
www.twitch.tv/nerdpalace

What the venue looks like:

A little update on Jersey Shoreyuken 10....
I will be having it on March 23rd, despite PAX being held on the same date.
Dre (Crashtag) will be streaming the event. THANK YOU DRE!

I was thinking about having a 5v5 team tournament in UMvC3.... The best of south jersey..... Team Nerd Palace vs. Team DES vs. Team Get Salty vs. Whoever else... HYPE!?!?!?!

Let me know what you guys think!
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...-the-nerd-palace-nj-free-venue-fee-absecon-nj

Back