[Mar 29, 2013] FINAL ROUND XVI (Atlanta, GA)

THE FALL CLASSIC FINISHED LOGO.jpg

This post is in response to a question asked on shoryuken.com :
"Hey man Utah will be making a return to Final Round next year and we was wondering Will the venue be the same as the 2011 venue?"
Yes this is the same venue we had in 2011, but we'll have all of the other ballrooms/meeting space in that same area to equal 18,000 sqft in total tournament area space. It's always good to have Utahs best come to the EC and compete in FR16. There's some more news to come for FR16 in the up coming weeks so stay tuned! With last year event having 400+ in ssf4 and umvc3 we are planning for 512 in each of those games and at least 300 players in TTT2. That's why we have to goto the EVO 16 man pool system for FR16 to control the crowds and run things on time. Our goal is to complete everything on time this year, so people will have more time to enjoy the event and the city.
Online registration is the key to getting everything done in a timely manner. We urge everyone to register online for their badges and games asap, so we can properly make the pools in advance and post them 3-7 days prior to the event date. If you do the emergency registration at the door you'll only have a 4 hour window on thursday evening (7pm-11pm) and friday morning (8am-12noon) to register for tournaments during the event and you WILL NOT BE SEEDED IN ANYWAY! You'll be placed in the 1st available spot in the pools and no effort will be used to seed you by skill level or by city/state. Door registration is one of the main reasons why any event start late IMO. I was going to eliminate at the door registration at this event, but I do understand that it's hard out there these days and sometimes people don't have the money to attend until the last minute.
If that happens and your only option is to sign up at the event. You will have a chance to compete, but we will not remake/reseed the brackets/pools for anyone that signs up late. The pools will start on time. We can't hold up the pools to reseed them for those that didn't register online. So we at FINAL ROUND are asking everyone that seriously plan to attend FR16 to use the online registration to help us run a smooth event. It not only helps us make the pools well in advance, but it's also cheaper to sign up online than at the door. (online reg = $40 and at the door emergency reg = $50) We hope to see everyone that came last year at FR16. Here's the link to online reg for your badges and games:
http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm
Thank you guys for your continued support and i'll see you in March!

SC is supposed to end on that Friday, right? When would you need me there to help because I'm not entirely sure what time I'll be able to make it.

SC is supposed to end on that Friday, right? When would you need me there to help because I'm not entirely sure what time I'll be able to make it.
+1 I'm willing to help/setup, but it depends if you still need volunteers. Just wondering what time/when you'd need people there by.

With only 24 days left until online registration is closed make sure you get your badge + your games registered before the deadline ends. The only way to ensure you being properly seeded is to online register. Online registration ends 2 w...eeks before the event so it would allow us to make the pools a week in advance and post them 3 days before the event. That way everyone will know what pool and what time they need to report to their pools.

We need your help to make sure everything starts on time/on schedule and pre registering online is a vital part of the process. I understand some people don't have the money right now or they don't have a paypal account and that's why I still offer the emergency door register, but you only have a short window to do so on site. There will be at the door emergency registration on Thursday March 28, 2013 from 7 pm est --> 11 pm est and Friday March 29, 2013 from 8am --> 12 noon. As soon as 12 noon hits if you're not in line you will not be allowed to compete in any games during the FR16 3 day event.

If you do sign up at the door for your games it will be $10 more than the online fee. ($40 online and $50 at the door) Also you won't be seeded in ANY MANNER if you sign up at the door. You will be placed in the next available slot in a pool. We can't spend 1-2 hours reseeding the pools because people want to be lazy. So that's about it everyone. There's only a little bit over 3 weeks before online registration is closed. Here's the link:

This is my first tournament I'm heading out to and I'm just curious, do we receive our badges by mail or do we get them at the event itself?
Bring your proof of purchase (Paypal receipt) to the registration booth with an valid ID and you'll get your badge on site.

Bad news. I can't go and fulfill my new year's resolution to go to Final Round. Sometimes, I gotta ask myself why the fuck do I have bad luck?! Last year, I couldn't go because something bad happened to a cousin of mine. This year it's because my mother's health who was improving now has some disease called West Nile Virus. I don't know the specifics, but all I know is this frustrates me a lot. Sometimes......I wish I were god. I'd want him to make my mother well.....because goddammit!!!

Regardless.....
so i heard corrondo is going to this. i think hes a scrub and im gonna bop him. ft5 for 20 beans. the choice is yours corrondo.
If he uses Yoshi, I'll still do my best to help you with the match-up.....

Bad news. I can't go and fulfill my new year's resolution to go to Final Round. Sometimes, I gotta ask myself why the fuck do I have bad luck?! Last year, I couldn't go because something bad happened to a cousin of mine. This year it's because my mother's health who was improving now has some disease called West Nile Virus. I don't know the specifics, but all I know is this frustrates me a lot. Sometimes......I wish I were god. I'd want him to make my mother well.....because goddammit!!!

Regardless.....
If he uses Yoshi, I'll still do my best to help you with the match-up.....
Man don't worry about FR16 when your mother is sick! I only wish I had my mother to take care of now. :( Anyways, With FINAL ROUND 16 coming up in 37 days we would like to revisit the 15th anniversary of FR with this great video made by Paul Nguyen "FunkyP" that captured the hype of the event and to prepare people for the hype THAT IS FINAL ROUND! Sit back and enjoy the video and get hype for FR16 SHAWTY!

http://vimeo.com/38198844

you Atlanta players better turn up we cant let some nightmare from the Dominican Republic win again
lol you better stop him if he comes, but I haven't seen hims sign up yet so I don't know if he is coming this year.
There's only 19 days left until online registration is closed, so make sure you get your badge + your games registered before the deadline ends! The only way to ensure you being properly seeded is to online register. Online registration ends 2 weeks before the event so it would allow us to make the pools a week in advance and post them 3 days before the event. That way everyone will know what pool and what time they need to report to their pools.

We need your help to make sure everything starts on time/on schedule and pre registering online is a vital part of the process! If you do sign up at the door for your games it will be $10 more than the online fee. ($40 online and $50 at the door) Also you won't be seeded in ANY MANNER if you sign up at the door. You will be placed in the next available slot in a pool. We can't spend 1-2 hours reseeding the pools because people want to be lazy. Goto the following link to register online:

There's only 14 days until the FINAL ROUND hotel group rate will end and I added more rooms so you guys would have a chance to get a room under the FR group rate ($93 per night) instead of the $150 per night without the fr group rate. Goto the following link to reserve your room before they are all gone:

http://www.finalround.org/location.cfm

I don't know if everyone realize it, but there's only 34 days until the hype is upon us shawty! Stay tuned to WINTER BRAWL 7 stream on team spooky for the newest FR16 trailer!

I don't know what people are waiting on but there's only 18 people that have registered online for SCV as of this morning. The massive amount of hotel rooms reserved under the FR16 group rate is not matching up with the low pre register list numbers, but I know we are going to have a lot more people at FR16 than the pre reg list suggest. I just think people haven't registered online yet and they don't realize that online registration will end in 18 days! We need people to pre reg online so we can properly make the pools and list them 3 days prior to the event so everyone attending will know when, what, and where they need to be during FR16. If you don't register online you will only cause delay's in the event as we would have to redo pre-made pools/brackets due to the overflow of at the door regs.

We at FINAL ROUND need your help to make sure everything starts on time/on schedule and pre registering online is a vital part of the process! If you do sign up at the door for your games it will be $10 more than the online fee. ($40 online and $50 at the door) Also you won't be seeded in ANY MANNER if you sign up at the door. You will be placed in the next available slot in a pool. We can't spend 1-2 hours reseeding the pools because people want to be lazy. We are trying to accomendate those that don't have a paypal account or those that won't have the funds until the date of the event with emergency door reg's on Thursday evening 7pm-10pm March 28, 2013 and Friday March 29, 2013 at 8am-12 noon, but that is suppose to be for emergency regs only and not for those who forgot to reg online. Goto the following link to register online:

There's only 14 days until the FINAL ROUND hotel group rate will end and I added more rooms so you guys would have a chance to get a room under the FR group rate ($93 per night) instead of the $150 per night without the fr group rate. Goto the following link to reserve your room before they are all gone:

http://www.finalround.org/location.cfm

I don't know if everyone realize it, but there's only 33 days until the hype is upon us shawty!

Back