[MATCH-UP] Leixia

Slayer_X64

Siegfried SA Moderator
Please, feel free to discuss anti lexia strats here. Here's a rough anti-lexia write up:
  • be sure to keep her spaced out to try to keep her pressure to a minimum, but make sure to take careful aim of your attacks less you get baited and whiff punished, or let her in.
  • try to contain her movement well. she can continue to maintain good momentum and pressure even at disadvantage, especially due to her high level of evasiveness. tools like 6A, 2A, 3A, iWR AA, 22_88A and iagA are all important for keeping her in check. just remember that when she is at anything -6 or lower that 2A will beat most of siegs good containment tools. to prevent her from running wild in situations like this, you will have to rely on quick pokes like 4B, 3K, 1K, ect to counter her accordingly(3B will trade with her 2A at -5, so remember that, but also be aware that she is still very capable of evading at this level of disadvantage with little risk.)
  • remember that she is capable of frame trapping you off anything that is -2 or better(our fastest mid options will trade with 2A and get beat beat by AA, our standing K will trade with her AA, but get beat by her 2A) her frame trap tools vs sieg are as follows:
    • 4A - horizontal mid ~ i22, -2 on guard. not basehold reactable.
    • 6BaB - high linear poke into fakeout mid, +4 on block. this move should be looked for, and JG'd on reaction. unless the opponent has a habit of continually using 6BA its not worth duck punishing because its -6 on guard and isnt worth giving up free damage/advantage that would come from a 6BaB fakeout. better to just shut down the frame trap and take the reverse mixup on block from -6 instead of get pressured and hurt. if she just does a raw 6B and then attempts to continue her offense, poke her out of it.
    • FC 3b{B} - linear low coming out of launch fake, i48, +8 on guard. react and punish with a jumping attack.
    • 4BbK - double canned mid into quakestun/GC. +11 on guard(quake -13) JG/block low on reaction depending on spacing, or *maybe if it works(i havent tested)* try 7A_B_K to avoid the move on reaction and punish
    • 1K - step tracking low kick, i39, -2 on guard with additional string followup for fear advantage. easily reactable.
    • 4K - step tracking high kick, i15, -2 on guard. probably one of the nastier tools against sieg.
    • WR K - mid kick, i17, -2 on guard.
    • 4A+BB - double mid string, i25, +4 on guard. this move should be what you look for when you see 4A+B. it should be JG'd on reaction and punished with 3B.
    • 2B+K - mid quakestun attack - i37, +11 on guard(AA guaranteed) quake -14 on guard. JG on reaction/block low and punish according to spacing.
    • 44aB - *i cant remember what this move is, so i'll have to look at it*
    • 66BbB - mid into fake into GC mid. i21, +9 on guard. stepable on reaction.
    • 44K - tech jumping mid kick, i35, ±0 on guard. can be JG'd on reaction, but is a little tricky to see at first.
    • AaA+B+K - i11, standard AA into triple mid string. ±0 on guard. AaA+B+KK - i11, standard AA into double mid, with a fake into quake stun/GB. To kill the string completely, you can use 99K/99kBE. However The basic mixup that leixia is going for, is Aa BE~Quake/3B/Throw. Against that specific mixup you can use 8874 B as a guaranteed punish for manly CH dmg (something 65-80 ish). It steps her mid launcher and TJ's her throw and quake.(thanks to ChaosK for this)
    • Lexia is capable of frame trapping you after every move on hit except crybaby. how you deal with this is based on the move and your own positioning after getting hit by it. if its one of her many -2's on hit/block you can generally throw out a quick move like 3K/1K until she starts forcing trades/traps off of it, of which then you are capable of backstepping. she can still kill your backstep at this level of disadvantage, so make sure you force her to use her fastest options, and that you are more wary of backstepping unless she is too far out to reach you(being just outside of 3B's range is a safe bet). movement containment tools will catch her at this level of disadvantage, but she can just as easily use quicker tools to interrupt you. however you can use this to your advantage if you're aiming to re-zone her out/whiff punish.
    • when you break lexias grabs, she can frame trap you off the +/low - frames of the grapple break. act accordingly in the proper reverse mixup situation, but do not go for head on agressive attack because she can potentially CH you and hurt you for your good defensive move here.
    • lexias moves also have very little block stun, and she may use this by opting not to complete strings such as AA or BB to try to crudely pressure you. make sure you stay on your toes to prevent this, as you need to react to these things so that she cant run wild.
    • the moves she may opt to agressively reverse mix up you off of include anythign that is -6 or better. this includes but is not limited to: everything on hit, 6A, 2A, JMP A, BT 2A, BB(watch for string incompletion), 4B(watch for fear advantage), 4BB(watch for string incompletion, and quake stun fake) JMP B, BT B, 3K, 6B+K, 3B+KK(this will normally only be forced block in a combo, watch for string incompletion on normal block, on normal block this can be stepped for a backgrab, on forced block, watch for a cancel into fake. on normal standing non-combo hit the second hit can be teched to the *i think* left.) 8B+K, 44{A}(basehold this on reaction) WR bA+B+K(nasty move against siegfried anyways due to the evasive and aGI properties.
    • keep in mind that lexia may still try to pressure you at higher amounts of disadvantage(up to -9), but that the reverse mixup becomes much more in your favor at this point. however the more negative she becomes, the move you have to watch for option select just guard, or your frame advantage could still get you hurt even when she cannot move. at higher "safe" disadvantage levels, try to mix up your attack timings/speed/type and better yet, mix her up while you're at it.
  • While you do want to play this matchup defensively, be aware of lexia's guard crush tools, and try to avoid/JG/GI them as best you can. these tools include the following:
    • BaB
    • 4BB
    • 4BaB
    • WR B(not really a guage tool, but it can crush very effectively)
    • A+B/{A+B}
    • 4A+BB
    • 2B+K
    • 3B+K(weak GC, but safe and very evasive. easy to land)
    • 8B+K
    • 44aB?
    • 66BB(step it)
    • 66BbB(step it)
    • 22_88kA series *i need to look at this closer because my memory is a bit shaky* JG the second hit and interrupt the string, as it crushes very fast otherwise.
    • 44K - safe frame trapping tool that also does good crush damage. dangerous.
    • AaA+B+K
    • AaA+B+KK
  • Be aware of lexias evasive moves. these include:
    • WR B - i31, tech stepping *tech crouching?* mid, -18 on block. hits hard. leads to oki.
    • 3B+K - i19, semi-backstepping tech crouching mid, -11 on block. leads to oki.
    • 1B+K - i24, tech stepping tech crouching mid, -8 on block. leads to pressure.
    • 44B - i31, backstepping mid. -22 on block but not wisely punishable by verticals due to possible aGI. punish with 3A combo.
    • WR bA+B+K - i31, tech stepping *tech crouch?* aGI high and *mid?* horizontals. leads to a world of hurt on hit.
  • Siegfried guard crush tactics/ability:
  • While on offense, always beware of your minor frame advantage/disadvantage, and be aware that you are in reverse mixup until you are at least +4, at which time you can frame trap/force trades on her.
  • remember that lexia will usually win out on a trade simply because the frame advantage you recieve from being + on hit is usually minimalized from being able to successively frame trap her to once again being in reverse mixup(eg siegfried 3K on hit, lexia AA's and siegfried 3K's again. they trade, and now sieg is at +1(sieg 3K is +4, lex A is +3, 4-3 = +1.), he now has lexia in reverse mixup, but cannot truly frame trap her.)
  • post blocked 3B:
    • SCH backstep beats most of lexias options but is beat by 6KK in close range, and is nulified by backstep at mid range or further. it will also re-align to beat sidestep.
    • SCH K beats lex 6KK, but trades with AA, loses to 3B+K and is beat by step.
  • To be continued: additional offensive strats...
  • Lexia Okizeme setups and how to deal with them:
  • Lexia punishing ability:
  • Siegfried Punishing ability:
  • String punishment:

Back