[MATCH-UP] Siegfried

Favorite moves to kill SCH when you're out of SCH K range? 3A and 3B usually get beaten because SCH B is i17. B6? Just go for agA?

Favorite moves to kill SCH when you're out of SCH K range? 3A and 3B usually get beaten because SCH B is i17. B6? Just go for agA?

outside of SCH K range, if you are far enough away i think you can beat SCH B because it has range values right at its very tip. but besides that at range, i'll either zerg 3B, b6, backstep 6B, or i will continue to 223_889B like i would at close range(yes 223 and 883. the reason why i input the move like this in this situation is because the sidestep given by 22_88 is more directly sideways, and it helps with evasion slightly). i try to avoid iagA because it can get aGI'd by SCH B+K(this was actually my original option until i did some testing out of curiosity and found out the risks), and when that happens you're in a world of hurt. if they decide they want to try to stance roulette, i just delay and try to either re-align with something like 2{2}3_8{8}9B, or re-align b6.

This is one of the few situations where 77(B) comes in handy.
Goes under the first hit of SCH A, and would force them to realign before SCH B would hit?

. i try to avoid iagA because it can get aGI'd by SCH B+K(this was actually my original option until i did some testing out of curiosity and found out the risks), and when that happens you're in a world of hurt.
Wait... do you mean if you go into SBH from SCH it'll GI a high attack?

Goes under the first hit of SCH A, and would force them to realign before SCH B would hit?

Wait... do you mean if you go into SBH from SCH it'll GI a high attack?

yes. SBH aGI does that during transitioning frames. once you are actually in SBH however, it will TC highs instead of GIing them.

This is one of the few situations where 77(B) comes in handy.
Redundant because 99B does the same for more dmg and with less risk.

@Topic
You mix up 99B and 3B.
3B works because the other siegfrieds 3B leaves him at -1, so depending on the range, it will at worst result in a trade.
99B is for anticipating either SCH A, B or K, (will not beat stance cancel)
3B is for anticipating stance cancel (will lose to SCH K)

The mindgame works pretty much the same in the mirror like for most other MUs. Pretty straight forward imo.

Back