[MATCH-UP] Xiba

Heaton

A Soul in the Purgatory
Discuss the Xiba match-up here. A guide can be found here, and the string defense guide can be found here.

Like Raph, xiba is fairly linear, and his range isn't as good as it would seem to be at first. Space and punish. Raph beats xiba (and every other character, except maybe ivy) at long ranged poking game. Xiba will have to get in to do any damage, most of which he gets from KND mixups, his greatest strengh imo.Raph also beats xiba at close range, but loses to him at mid range.

Also you can punish his 6BK with your 2B+K if you do it as soon as you block 6B. I wouldn't try that on a real match, but it feels awesome if you manage to connect it

Agree with most of what you said but Xiba does have good horizontals such as his 4A so watch out for those.
2B+K only works if Xiba delays 6BK so it's not the best option. 2A and 2K work consistently and backturn Xiba but requires good timing (btw Dellose, do you know about the Raphael string defense guides. Check them out!!)

Don't be afraid to Prep against Xiba since Xiba does not have many anti-prep options. You can kill all of his remembrance options with A+BA. (4B also works except REM B I think).

Fake frame traps are too good. Know Xiba's stuff.

When you are unable to use space and poke, which is the best you have, employ whatever pressure you can that forces interruption. Xiba is too damned strong and versatile to allow to actually choose his own options. Train him and get out of that ****.

Agree with most of what you said but Xiba does have good horizontals such as his 4A so watch out for those.

True. I think his best horizontals are 4A and AAK, you can exploit the fact that both are highs. I think Xiba isn't a very good character, I'd say this matchup is even or perhaps in Raph's favour, correct me if I'm wrong. At long range Raph beats him with moves like 33B, 236B, etc. At close range Xiba strugles with Raph's 6BB, 3A, 2K and other fast interrupters. Like you said, he also doesn't have many anti-prep options.

Back