Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Pyrrha

This is all lingering around the Leixia SA in bits and pieces, but I figured I'd make a megapost for the various ways Leixia can deal with Pyrrha 66B BE on block.
  • Standard method (JG 2nd hit) nets a 3B punish. 41 damage meterless or 77 with CE.
  • Standard method (step 2nd hit) nets a free backthrow for 65 damage or 22B → CE for 82 damage. Stepping must be done to Pyrrha's left (Leixia's right) and is range specific. Normally you can only step the 2nd hit when the first is blocked from mid range. At tip or up close you can't step. Oddly enough, you can step it to either side at any range if you step into an attack (twirl for best results).
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Leixia specific method 1: FC 3B the 2nd hit. Due to technical nonsense that goes on in SCV, both characters stepping forward during their attacks causes the 2nd hit of 66B BE to whiff completely when Leixia does FC 3B. FC 3B will hit and give 33BB as a followup (guaranteed, 70 damage!) or 83 with CE. Only works when 66B BE is blocked up close.
  • Leixia specific method 2: FC 3bB the 2nd hit. Works the same as FC 3B, but gives better damage with FC 3bB → 6KK (59 damage, knocks Pyrrha down in a BT state and leaves Leixia in FC for awesome wakeups) or FC 3bB → CE (97 damage). Nix that, she recovers in time to block it.
  • Leixia specific method 3: WR B. Because 66B BE's first hit forces crouch, WR B is an easy method that works from any range. It dodges the 2nd hit and hits Pyrrha for 37 damage.
  • Leixia specific method 4: WR B BE. Same thing as WR B but with a lot more damage. 76 from WR B BE → BT B+K → 66K or 106 from WR B BE → BT B+K → CE.
  • Leixia specific method 5: 44B+K the 2nd hit. Gives a free 3B (easy) or a free iFC 3B (tight window).
  • Just for fun: If you JG the 2nd hit, you can step to either side and get a free 44[A]. It's unlikely you're going to randomly JG the first hit of this BE unless you Ukemi JG one of its tech traps (22A, CH 1K, air hit 4B, and others), but it's always good to be prepared.
tl;dr If you block a close up 66B BE, FC 3B → 33BB is guaranteed for 70 damage. If you block it from range, WR B BE → BT B+K → 66K for 76 damage. These are the best options for punishing 66B BE.

Oh I didn't about the FC3B through 66B BE. Need to check this when I have time.

But if in doubt: Always WS B BE - that's my opinion.

I hate this matchup, specially pyrrha omega vs leixia
leixia is a natural turtle breaker and pyrrha is a turtle character, so leixia KINDA has an advantage in my opinion
also, leixia is always safe, so she doesn't have to worry about stabs that much

Phyrra = controle of the range ( 66A, AA, BB ), backdash can kill 66A and AAB kill dash 66A.

Phyrra have a litle better crusher game and a better range/wiff punish game.

Leixia have a better antibackdash ( 66BB CH ), leixia gard burst game is better but i trust phyrra can attack more so they are equals.
Leixia is safer to her lauchers, 3B/FC3B.
Phyrra's 3B can be punish with 6KK/CE.
So Leixia can do more damage to broke fuzzy gard ( 3B+K, 3B, 66K ) and be safe.

I think 6-4 for phyrra.

Back