Maxi´s Best Feints (cancels) & Baits

FunkeXMix

[09] Warrior
I think Maxi´s arsenal of faints deserve it´s own thread. I think they are even more important now then in previous games beacuse you now have to keep track of your opponents CE meter. Since Maxi´s punishers are excellent this time around and quite safe this can add to any Maxi´s game.

This thread is not for discussing stance baits, they are not safe.

My favourites:

Feints:

4B+K,G

4B+K,G, 2G,1B. Those moves combined makes it really hard to tell if the next move is low or mid, easy to hit confirm and allows follow-ups on hit. For me this move has always had good success against pro players.

KG. This kick cancel makes you take a small step back. At the right distance, it can get you out of your opponents 1k range +act as bait.

Animation abuse :) mash 2,6 for a funny walk animation. I use this against players who got into defensive mode to fish out a 33K hit. 2,6.2,6,3k. Or make him jittery with 2g to neutral g repeated into WR A, or 2A.

Baits

1A. This move is visually tricky, Maxi takes a step forward during the low sweep, then returns to the original position. The forward step sometimes makes people miss-calculate the spacing, for this reason do this move then check for your opponents counter, if you recognize it as something that has short reach, do 4A+B. This move both TC and has step back built in.

Good stuff, I add something I found out this night, I didn't know about it

You can cancel WS B+K very lately, it almost seems like you get full animation but you end not attacking, it's really really good
Just do the move and maintain guard

And because the move itself is a step to the left, you can use the cancel to go for the left throw, which means combo with potential ring out / wall :D
(Be carefull not to ring out yourself T_T)

Good find! Yeah it cancels into RO to if you Press WR B+Kg and a hit button quickly. I doubt that the cancel into RO or throw is fast enough to be of more value then just going through with WR B+K, which is a bitch to sidestep anyway. If you use the original most of the time it might cause enough freeze to let cancels like RO A or a throw through. I always weigh my theories against what I expect from a professional player or a Natsu so that I get into good habits :) I tried this a bit with the throw cancel but I got punished, but things could probably be different if they first get used to the none cancelled version more. I´ll personally only take the risk with RO A which is as we all know awsome (but high) and comes out faster then cancelling into throw.

Hey didn't notice it was a RO cancel, I thought it was just a slow cancel

That's nice, cause even if RO A is high, people won't crouch it often because they may fear the WS B+K, that's very nice stuff !
RO is my favorite stance :P

RO is everyone's favorite stance right now. Don't tell me you guys didn't know about WS B+K :)
It's a fast cancel, cuz RO cancels fast. Very nice, it's what LI B should've been. If only we could've charged it, taht would be icing

Maxi just keeps becoming more and more fun to use.

My favorite's 4B+Kg. I use that move all the time. Especially if someone's turtling, it keeps them scared.

I also recently discovered kG on accident. It doesn't seem as useful, though.

Hey guys u just gotta check the video out I added to the beginning, it's such an awsome Maxi moment :)

Cool, i remember that one while playing my Pyrrha against you in the vid. Maxi really has some funky animations and properties on his moves my minds cant just handle him for some reason.

I use his auto gi against people who are mid heavy or against the stab hos just to deter interuptions w mids plus if it hits leads into guarnteed 66 b+k

Back