Meter Use (BE, GI, CE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3B BE is no longer useful because of the damage decrease on the BE.
A+G BE CE is still really good, but only if you're enemy knows that it isn't coming because the grab isn't too hard to block on reaction.

Post-Patch mixup:
66B BE - you can delay the BE so that if the enemy blocks the first hit and tries to retaliate or backstep you can get them with the BE hit. It won't catch a sidestep though.

3B BE is no longer useful because of the damage decrease on the BE.
Is this a joke? has to be. For me the best way now to consumer meter is 3B BE in the middle of a combo, the timing is hard but the reward is great.

Is this a joke? has to be. For me the best way now to consumer meter is 3B BE in the middle of a combo, the timing is hard but the reward is great.
we're talking about the [c2b g 3B BE] repeat combo right? I thought the damage decrease on the 3B BE made that high execution combo significantly weaker and no longer worth the meter.
3B BE is wayyyyyyyyy better than it was post patch outside of the repeat combo because it naturally goes into c2b g c3a, which is AWESOME. I should've clarified myself.

Actually, I'm gonna go into the lab and see how much it does exactly, and see if the combo gets scaled at all.

EDIT: WAIT NVM I've been off this board for a while.
continue with c2b g 3b be

I trained yesterday all night, and I managed to do: 88B C2B 3bBE C2B 3bBE C3A that's around 163dmg. I'm sure Runis has something better than this but is not that hard to pull out and good damage, I liked it :D

If you land the B+K mid combo, that adds like 40'ish damage to your combo and the ability to troll them afterwards. Not gonna say how since this is Tourney tech, but lets just say that you can make them rage pretty hard.

If you land the B+K mid combo, that adds like 40'ish damage to your combo and the ability to troll them afterwards. Not gonna say how since this is Tourney tech, but lets just say that you can make them rage pretty hard.
Well I'm guessing we will see when you kick asses in a tourney.

I thought this was a meter use thread, not the combo discussion thread? But I guess there will be some overlap...

On the topic of 3bBE, I was disappointed its damage was nerfed, but it's still reliable to use in a ring-out combo, like in 3bBE C1B or xx C2B 3bBE C1B.
3bBE C2B Pre-patch was a reliable ring-out tool and dealt ~83 damage; post-patch it's still a reliable ring-out tool and deals ~60 damage. 3bBE C1B rings out if initiated when Hilde's back is facing the edge; xx C2B 3bBE C1B rings out when the back of Hilde's opponent is facing the edge.

If you can somehow punish with these Brave Edge combos near the edge, it's practically a KO and therefore is useful IMO. xx C2B 3bBE C1B literally won me the match once, pre-patch; the distance from the edge at which it can cause a ring out is deceptively far.

the thing about landing a B+K air throw is that c2B B+K C2B is about 3/8 of a bar, so if you land it, you're rebuilding any meter you previously used.
As for 3B BE into ring out - use C1A, it pushes them out further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back