Mic trouble

K0rN_b4LL

[14] Master
And my next-gen woes continue.

I've been having a problem with my mic when playing today. For some reason whenever I'm playing BF4 the chat from other players keeps coming over the speakers instead of coming over my headset even though it it plugged in all the way. I can still talk to them through the mic but everything they say comes through the game rather than the headset. Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to select whether the chat volume goes through the headset or the speakers? I've looked for one but haven't found it.

This wouldn't be a major problem except that my TV is a computer monitor with no speakers so I'm playing with ear buds hooked up to a component audio cable from a set of Turtle Beaches that don't work anymore and that is hooked up to the XB1 through an Optical-Component audio adapter. The ear buds have no volume control and they blast everything that goes through them at full volume and it kills my ears. I can turn the game volume down in each game but if player chat is coming through the ear buds then it still blasts that at full and it is killing my ears every time someone says anything.

Back